Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock - The Trilogy

GameSpot reports on the results of a Take-Two conference call where a general plan for a third installment in the BioShock series was revealed to follow BioShock 2 (story). In response to a question about the Gore Verbinski-directed BioShock movie (story), Take-Two Interactive chairman Strauss Zelnick said: "It's unlikely that the picture would be released to coincide with BioShock 2. It would be more likely that it would be released coincidentally with BioShock 3. That also remains to be seen."

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 12:55 Jerykk

10 bucks says Bioshock 3 takes place on a space station taken over by a rogue AI...

like marathon?

I thought it was a pretty obvious reference to System Shock...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. No subject Jun 6, 2008, 12:14 xXBatmanXx

Woot - more Bioshock is good news.

Real Life Brucie: http://www.scottalexander.tv/welcome.php
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

25. No subject Jun 6, 2008, 11:26 VoodooV

1. Make standalone game
2. If standalone game is successful, announce that it's actually just part one of a trilogy and imply that they had always planned it to be a trilogy
3. ????????
4. Profit!

24. Re: The annual exploitation of franchise Jun 6, 2008, 08:42 manic half

When was this? Last I heard, the rest of the team split from Levine, and willingly moved to new digs that T2 was setting up for them, so they could get going on Bio2.

i read that, that was the popular theory.

from what i read, levine was offered to work on another project and hes doing that but he is also "heavily involved" with bioshock 2.

apparently the team hated him because of when he decided they needed to change direction completely from the nazi/underground island theme.

23. Re: The annual exploitation of franchise Jun 6, 2008, 07:49 nin's new login (darn it)

You guys know they already took the license away from the original developers, right?

When was this? Last I heard, the rest of the team split from Levine, and willingly moved to new digs that T2 was setting up for them, so they could get going on Bio2.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 10:48.

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
http://lightsinthesky.nin.com/ (yet more free mp3s)

22. Re: Dude.... Jun 6, 2008, 07:21 Lorcin

They could set it in an experimental homeostatic chamber located in Arizona and call it Biodome!

Would the kids be the bastard offspring of Pauley Shore and Stephen Baldwin?

If so there's no moral dillema there KILL EM ALL!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115683/ (in case your lucky enough to not remember it)

21. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 07:11 zirik

10 bucks says Bioshock 3 takes place on a space station taken over by a rogue AI...

like marathon?

20. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 04:41 InBlack

I really, really hate Bioshock, with a passion I dont understand myself really....

Could it be the simplified console gameplay? The clunky gunplay? The lack of any apprehension (respawn chambers every 5 meters) and atmosphere? Hmmmmm

Im not sure. All I know is that I stopped playing after about 15 minutes......

I have a nifty blue line!

19. No subject Jun 6, 2008, 01:48 Tanto Edge

Y'know, while I'm all for forethought and planning ahead, but didn't we ..finish the storyline?
I mean seriously, one way or the other the storyline concludes.

I hope this doesn't end up like The Crow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

18. Dude.... Jun 6, 2008, 01:02 Pumas

They could set it in an experimental homeostatic chamber located in Arizona and call it Biodome!

Errr, wait.

V

How will I know limits from lies if I never try?

17. The annual exploitation of franchises Jun 6, 2008, 00:59 Entr0py24

You guys know they already took the license away from the original developers, right? To me this is some of the worst behavior a publisher can engage in.

A good example is the train wreck that was SimCity Societies. Maxis is busy making other hugely successful games and raking in money for EA. Rather then letting Maxis get around to doing a new SimCity when they have time, EA decided to hire another developer and milk the fanbase immediately. The result is short term profit, followed by the destruction of the brand by disappointed customers and terrible reviews.

16. No subject Jun 6, 2008, 00:40 Aero

I haven't finished the first one either. I did enjoy it a lot but somewhere along the line I got sidetracked and haven't picked it up again. I ought to try and finish it up this weekend.

Good game. I would like it if they changed the setting though. The underwater thing was a great idea, but I'm not sure how much more love they'll get from it.

They ought to set the second one fifty years from the first and base it on some Soviet societal experiment run amok (ie. communism as opposed to the Ayn Rand capitalism thing)- and underground or maybe a lunar city or something.

Then, the third one should be fifty years or so years after than and have a cyberpunk theme, it could be about anarchism or something and take place in Hong Kong or maybe Mars.

THEN... they should make a forth one that takes place fifty years after that on an adrift spaceship taken over by some sort of alien force and a rogue AI. It could be about, I don't know, some other -ism.

15. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 00:01 Syntarsus

I'm thinking the back-lot of a late 1940's movie studio. The protagonist (who looks surprisingly like Lara Croft) is called in to exercise the ghosts of Gary Cooper and Patrica Neal.

Well, that would at least keep the alternate-history theme going, since Cooper died in the '60s and Patricia Neal is still with us.

Just how much exercise does a ghost need, anyway? It's not like they can die of a heart attack..

14. No subject Jun 5, 2008, 22:59 PropheT

Well, now that we have those out of the way, would you kindly start making System Shock 3?

13. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 22:20 Umbragen

That's if we're lucky, I'm thinking the back-lot of a late 1940's movie studio. The protagonist (who looks surprisingly like Lara Croft) is called in to exercise the ghosts of Gary Cooper and Patrica Neal. Bioshock 3: No Man Takes What's Mine!

12. bad idea Jun 5, 2008, 22:19 LittleMe

IMO, it's a bad idea (tm) to announce Bioshock 3 right now. Wait until after Bioshock 2 is released! I say this because it is like if you like pizza but someone delivers 5 boxes you might get sick just looking at it all. Give it in smaller portions so we don't get sick of thinking about it. This announcement made me sick just thinking about going through two more bioshock games. One more is enough for me right now.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

11. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 22:17 Kosumo

When the strange bug came for the nin,
I remained silent;
I was not a nin.

When they made gone the DrEvil,
I remained silent;
I was not a DrEvil.

When they deleted the xXBatmanXx,
I did not speak out;
I was not a xXBatmanXx.

When they banned the dsmart,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a dsmart.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

10. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 22:10 Sixis

9. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 22:03 Tehol

hmn... i need to finish the fist one.

8. No subject Jun 5, 2008, 21:51 Mr. Tact

No worries, you'll be back up to 16k+ in no time!  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo