Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis Warhead Announced

Following word that Crytek has trademarked Crysis Warhead (story) and launched a teaser website (story), comes the official announcement of the Crysis Warhead game, a PC-only first-person shooter set in "the parallel story to Crysis." The game is being developed in Crytek's Budapest studio using the CryENGINE 2 for release this fall. When Crytek announced that they were likely not going to further patch Crysis (story) they said "we hope you understand when you hear more about the reasons why in the very, very near future," but it's not clear if this announcement is somehow related to that near future revelation they promised. Word is:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Maximum freedom, maximum explosions and maximum Psycho! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS - News) and award-winning independent studio Crytek today announced Crysis Warhead® – the parallel story to Crysis, one of the most critically-acclaimed first person shooters and PC games of 2007. Shipping exclusively for the PC this fall, Crysis Warhead is the first title to be developed at Crytek’s Budapest studio, and is built on a new, enhanced and optimized version of Crytek’s CryENGINE® 2 technology.

“We were very pleased with the reception of Crysis from both gamers and media after our launch last year,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “That being said, one of the key principles of our studio is to always raise the bar. With Warhead, we are focusing on refining our storytelling and game performance, while also delivering more of the visually stunning graphics and immersive, free-roaming gameplay everyone loved in Crysis.”

“The best result of a partnership that we can ask for in the EA Partners program is when a world class independent studio like Crytek chooses to continue to work with us,” said David DeMartini, Vice President and Global General Manager, EA Partners. “Crysis was an amazing game and is going to be a blockbuster franchise. We could not be more excited to be working with Crytek to launch another hit with Crysis Warhead this year.”

In Crysis Warhead, players will don the Nanosuit of Sergeant Sykes, also known as ‘Psycho’, one of the most memorable characters from Crysis. More brash and aggressive than his Delta Force squadmate Nomad, players will experience Psycho’s parallel story during the events of the original game, finding that life on the other side of the island is even more intense and explosive than they ever could have imagined. Luckily, Psycho’s Nanosuit is just as capable and he’s equipped with an even bigger arsenal of fully customizable weapons and new vehicles, giving players access to the tools they need to dominate any situation. Aside from this new, exciting single player campaign, Crysis Warhead will also feature new multiplayer content. Stay tuned for more details this summer.

Crysis Warhead has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI. For more information about the game, please visit www.crysisthegame.com.

View
70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

70. Re: No subject Jun 12, 2008, 07:34 Kedyn

It's hard to have a "most memorable" character when most of them are totally forgettable.

I wish they'd just do a class-based nanosuit multiplayer mod, or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

69. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2008, 08:37 PHJF

Crysis MP sucks, that's why they aren't patching it. Maybe the modders (Living Legends) can make something good out of it, but Crysis MP is a fucking clusterfuck of fucked up proportions that an unholy level of patchitude couldn't fix. It's just not *good*. It's like a terrible version of Planetside, and that game came out ages ago.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

68. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2008, 01:49 Creston

My system plays the game fine now, on High settings, 1360x768. But it ran like absolute shit until I went from a 8600 GT (Low/Med settings 1024x768) to an 8800 GTS (everything else was the same on my comp). 8600 GT couldn't run the game...that's a problem. What about the people that less than a year earlier were running 7800's or even 6800's? They were shit out of luck.

That's simply not true. On my old rig (Athlon 3500, 1 Gig of RAM and a 7900GT) it ran fine on medium settings at 1280x1024. The only level I had problems with was the final carrier level, which was a 1 frame per 5 seconds slideshow for some reason. I imagine it was like what people experienced in the ice level (which ran fine for me, strangely enough).

I liked Crysis enough that I may get this, it kind of depends how many open area levels there will be. If the new game is like the first part of Crysis, great. If it's like the second part, fuck that.

Creston

67. What? Jun 7, 2008, 01:36 Creston

“We were very pleased with the reception of Crysis from both gamers and media after our launch last year,”

You've done nothing but whine and whine and WHINE about piracy since your game was released, you lying cocksmoker!

I guess when you're a game developer, integrity means nothing anymore?

Btw, selling a million copies of your game, then turning around and WHINING like a little fucking kitten about how your game didn't sell well because all PC gamers are thieves, and THEN raping them by not releasing another patch, and THEN trying to weasel your pandering ass back into their good graces, is not a very good way to do business.

As for it being Psycho's story, let's see.

1) Walk through the first level (that Nomad wipes out).
2) Provide backup in the village in level 2 (that Nomad wipes out), consisting of exactly absolutely no backup at all whatsoever.
3) Take vietnamese CIA chick to safety.
4) Meet Nomad in chopper at Harbor level. Level wiped out by Nomad. Proclaim loudly that you will "back him up", which you do by standing on a crane and consistently firing bullets into the crane itself, rather than at a single enemy that's walking approximately 30 feet beneath you.

Sounds like a winner so far?

Creston

66. Re: Dear God noooo... Jun 7, 2008, 00:08 CreamyBlood

Are you insane? Have you seen a game forum at any time in the past decade? One of the reasons I post at Blue's is that I don't have to see bouncy-breasted looping-GIF anime userpics, retarded ripped-from-4chan Photoshops, and horrific flashy signatures. There's absolutely no reason you can't just link to an image and let everyone keep what little sanity is left after years on the internet.

Edit: I didn't really mean it to sound as abrasive as it does, but the sentiment stands. This place is a refuge from the crap on virtually every other gaming site

I agree. I'm sure there's modern features we and the admins would like to see, but it works.

Plus I'm getting old and set in my ways. I say leave it the way it is. Gosh darn it.

65. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 14:47 xXBatmanXx

@xXBatmanXx

Shut up, fool.

ORLY?

Just stating fact.

Real Life Brucie: http://www.scottalexander.tv/welcome.php
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

64. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2008, 11:15  dsmart 

(everyone must run 'facts' by dsmart and get approvel before stating them as 'facts', Derek knows 'facts', it's what is in his head)

LOL!! Yeah. You'd think they'd actually ask me first.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them

63. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 21:57 Kosumo

Derek, your funny.

(everyone must run 'facts' by dsmart and get approvel before stating them as 'facts', Derek knows 'facts', it's what is in his head)

62. No subject Jun 5, 2008, 21:00 Hump

re: multiplayer.

I think the best thing Crytek/EA could do is release the multiplayer as a free standalone download in the spirit of F.E.A.R. multi.

It would not only give a shot in the arm to Crysis MP but it would allow the several high-profile mods being made for Crysis (Mechwarrior: Living Legends and Jurassic Park to name just a couple) to be exposed to as many players as possible without the need to purchase the full game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

61. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 20:46  dsmart 

You really are having problems with this arent you? It was shown at GDC and I just showed you a licensee. There is even game footage on the net from that GDC showing the game running. You yourself said 'it has to be announced'. Now you are saying Press Releases are meaningless.

First of all, tool, there are no licenses for ANY console version of Crysis. NONE.

Sure there was a WORK IN PROGRESS PS3 version shown at GDC. Thats no different from the WIP version of Crysis that was shown, what? TWO FUCKING YEARS before the game?

Until is it FINISHED and in a working game, there is NO console version of the Crysis engine. None. End. of. story.

Fact is, if there was one, they'd be dying to get the console version of Crysis out on the console, not coming up with some stop gap measure such as releasing a PC expansion right after bailing on owners of Crysis.

Are you this dense or do you have to work hard at it?

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead

60. No subject Jun 5, 2008, 20:34 Karl_L

Awesome. I'm not too bothered about the lack of support for Crysis Multiplayer since I never really played it.
But I loved the single player and and I've been waiting for more.

59. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 19:07 verybad

Dumbest thing CryTek did was announce that they were dropping support. They didn't need to announce it, and it just got them bad publicity. Personally I don't care because I don't own the game and I'm not going to get it.

58. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 18:34 Overon

I'm sorry why would anyone purchase this new game now that those who purchased crysis have been left out in the cold with no further patch support?

EA strikes again. Cut support for a game and then announce a "sequel."

Why are they releasing a sequel since crysis sold so badly they had to cut patch support?

57. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 18:25 Krovven

there is no console version of the engine. Unless and until you see a demo or a game or a licensee. Press releases are meaningless.

You really are having problems with this arent you? It was shown at GDC and I just showed you a licensee. There is even game footage on the net from that GDC showing the game running. You yourself said 'it has to be announced'. Now you are saying Press Releases are meaningless.

Are you and Riley related?

----------------------------------------------------
Grand Theft Auto IV.....what else is there?

PSN ID= Puscifer73
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

56. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 18:03  dsmart 

To be fair, Mr. Smart's third requirement was that a console game be released using the engine. To the best of my knowledge, no released console game uses CryEngine 2 yet.

Its not even that though, so don't even waste any more time on this foolish argument.

The bulk of my point was clear in its premise. He just chooses to ignore facts and instead injecting rubbish into the equation.

FACT1 - there is no console version of the engine. Unless and until you see a demo or a game or a licensee. Press releases are meaningless.

FACT2 - if there was, they wouldn't be pissing away time on a half-assed expansion that is likely to fail (regardless of how good or great it is) given that they've pretty much shat of everyone who bought Crysis by cancelling patches, optimizations, support etc - while announcing a new game.

@xXBatmanXx

Shut up, fool.

"Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living. If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them."

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 18:05.

55. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 18:02 Jerykk

Hey, I'm not the one who made up the rules. Derek Smart is.

54. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 17:39 Krovven

His comment was "engine doesn't exist". Not "game doesn't exist".

Since when did a game have to be released before it's considered an engine "exists"? Last I checked a game can't be made when the engine doesn't exist in the first place.

PSN ID= Puscifer73

53. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 17:08 Jerykk

To be fair, Mr. Smart's third requirement was that a console game be released using the engine. To the best of my knowledge, no released console game uses CryEngine 2 yet.

52. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 16:38 Krovven

There is no console version of the engine. Period. End of story.

Once they have one, the following will happen

(1) it will be announced

(2) it will be available for licensing

What exactly am I missing?

You said it didn't exist...unless...

I proved to you it does based on your own criteria. There is no further argument. You just can't accept being wrong.

PSN ID= Puscifer73

51. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2008, 16:31  dsmart 

OK, I give you. You really are reading impaired.

I've seen ALL those links, but the point is that you SIMPLY DON'T GET IT. OK fine - you carry on posting rubbish all over the net where this is discussed and you'll be the only one looking foolish.

This comment was edited on Jun 5, 16:32.

70 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo