Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Valve on PC Gaming

Valve Steps Up, Defends PC Gaming on IGN is an extensive article based on an interview with Valve honcho Gabe Newell, focusing on the state of PC gaming. Valve remains steadfastly positive about the platform, with Newell again pointing out that digital distribution and MMOG subscription fees are not accurately reflected in NPD statistics. The article concludes with an interesting perspective on the PC Gaming Alliance:

So when will people start to take notice of what's happening with PC gaming? Might it have anything to do with the PC Gaming Alliance? "We're still waiting to see concretely what's going to come out of the Gaming Alliance," said Newell. "We really believe in shipping products as one of the best ways to move stuff forward. I think Wrath of the Lich King [the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion] shipping will have a larger impact moving the PC forward as a gaming platform than companies sending representative together to all agree that PC gaming should be doing better."

View
10. Re: STEAM May 31, 2008, 06:07 Beaner

I love Valve. Console games are getting better but they have limitations and the controls in a PC game verusus the console variant is always so much more extensive. Also I couldnt get into console FPS games until they give us full keyboard and mouse support. There is no way I will play a "good" FPS with a joystick.

This comment was edited on May 31, 06:08.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 30, 20:46 STEAM MuzixMon
  2. May 30, 21:03  Re: STEAM Trashy
>> 10. May 31, 06:07  Re: STEAM Beaner
  3. May 30, 21:27 No subject heroin
  4. May 31, 00:07  Re: No subject Prez
  5. May 31, 00:11   Re: No subject NKD
  7. May 31, 01:12    Re: No subject Jerykk
  14. May 31, 14:01     Re: No subject Nuclear Watchdog
  6. May 31, 00:58   Re: No subject MuzixMon
  11. May 31, 07:54   Re: No subject WaltC