Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well, I guess these are allergies I've been suffering these past few days, I took Zyrtec, an OTC antihistamine, which cleared up my scratchy nose and throat, as well as my itchy eyes (I hadn't really noticed that, but that was another obvious allergy symptom). The bad news is this knocked me out for a while and made me good and light-headed after I regained consciousness; it seems I missed the drowsiness warnings on the label. In a strange twist, this medicine currently has an ad campaign bragging that their product acts so quickly it's like getting "time in a bottle" compared to their competition, but I think if you have to spend that extra time in a stupor, it's probably a net loss.

By the way. have you seen that TV commercial? It has the oddest approach to avoiding licensing fees I've ever noticed. It starts out saying: "You know that song Time in a Bottle?" But they never actually play the song. I wonder if this is a harbinger of a new trend... you could even do this with celebrities by having someone say: "Do you know that actress Angelina Jolie?", without her actually appearing or endorsing the product.

Links in a Bottle: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Spellblazer.
Moss 2.
Stories: National Space Society Looking For A Space Ambassador To Fly On Virgin Galactic. Thanks Gizmodo.
The Scoop on Fattening Ice Cream Flavors.
Japan woman lived in man's closet.
Science: Formula 'secret of perfect voice'.
Bond gadgets: Never say they will never work. Thanks Digg.
NASA picks “bargain basement” space technology candidates.
Follow-up: Toilet trouble fix loaded onto space shuttle. NASA flushed with success.

View
11. DO NOT DRINK AND TAKE PILLS! Jun 1, 2008, 04:57 shul

Word to the wise: do not drink and take antihistamines. I wouldn't recommend it. My GF said "she is tripping like on LSD" that evening..

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 30, 10:14 Toilet trouble fix loaded onto shuttle Jim
  2. May 30, 11:19  Re: Toilet trouble fix loaded onto shut Acleacius
  3. May 30, 11:39 Antihistamine Acleacius
  6. May 30, 14:48  Re: Antihistamine banddirector
  8. May 30, 17:15   Re: Antihistamine  Blue 
  9. May 30, 19:49    Re: Antihistamine xXBatmanXx
  4. May 30, 12:38 Angelina? LittleMe
  5. May 30, 12:55 Perfect voice mag
  7. May 30, 16:10 No subject xXBatmanXx
  10. May 31, 02:05 I am a Registered Nurse, but.... steve