Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. No subject May 30, 2008, 23:53 kookaveetsa

And the 360 fanbois are out in full force or should I say one fool with multiple accounts, LOL.  

"An it harm none, do what thou wilt"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: No subject May 30, 2008, 12:53 Repeat Offender

I am not a fanboi of the system...
I point out data in this thread, staying away from speculation and fannyisms...
I am not the one that derailed the conversation.

Here's your very first post in the thread:

360 consoles outselling PS3 since GTA IV launch.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Yeah, absolutely no "fannyism" there.

38. No subject May 30, 2008, 11:57 xXBatmanXx

Played Saints Row last night for about 4 hours.

Very different than GTA games. Harder, controls are a little wacky (like GTA4 wacky), music stations are blah, tons of cars, some SA feel to it.

I like it. Seems more laid out for the player, ie: "do this, do this, you have the option to do this stuff, etc". Whereas GTA is more of a 'stumble up this' sort of thing.

Anyway, I am going to play through it. Has some fun mini and side games/missions. Damn hard ones.....

"I'm an idiot...I move...."
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

37. No subject May 30, 2008, 11:36 xXBatmanXx

Although some great posts - Charlie misses some obvious reasons - although I am not a fanboi of the system per se, I do justify my purchase as a better idea than purchasing a PS3 (FOR ME). I have a family member with the PS3, and that works for HIM (he has a PSP and enjoys using the two together).

I point out data in this thread, staying away from speculation and fannyisms, and yet I still get attacked.

Whatever. You owning all systems just shows that you are a fool with money - how could you possibly enjoy all systems without it being a complete waste? There aren't enough hours in the day to fully enjoy multiple consoles. I have PLAYED all systems and decided on the 360 (also have older systems collected over the years and a DS Lite - which is for sale). I have other things in life to do than play games (wish I didn't) - but I also like going outside.

It was a tough decision to get a 360 for me, being a PC "fanny", but hey, I am glad I did. Part of it was the games available for the 360 and number of known people who have a 360.

Can't dispute the hard data I provided, call me a fanboy for that? Then I am not the one that derailed the conversation.

BN 360 Scoreboard:

This comment was edited on May 30, 12:04.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

36. Re: No subject May 30, 2008, 10:57 JM

But I don't see why a section with news in in every day should be removed, just because you don't like what people are saying.

I was trying to make a point. Should we get rid of the consolidation section? Obviously not. By expressing my frustration the hope is that perhaps some of the more rampant fanboys around here will start to realize that they are contributing nothing to the "discussions". Of course, I don't actually expect that to be the result as fanboys are a strange breed.

35. Re: No subject May 30, 2008, 10:48 nin

It's annoying and childish and until recently, a relatively rare occurrence on Blue's News. Glad you're OK with it though as you're certainly getting what you like.

There's a number of things I'd like cleaned up around here, too - but it's not my web site. I would suggest you email Blue.

But I don't see why a section with news in in every day should be removed, just because you don't like what people are saying.

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

34. Re: No subject May 30, 2008, 10:41 JM

Maybe you should avoid the section then. I enjoy the Consolidation section for it's news and being able to comment on it.

I'd like to come here and read meaningful comments, but you can be fairly certain if there is a PS3 story on the list, then the lame fanboy remarks are sure to follow. It's annoying and childish and until recently, a relatively rare occurrence on Blue's News. Glad you're OK with it though as you're certainly getting what you like.

This comment was edited on May 30, 10:43.

33. Re: No subject May 30, 2008, 10:14 nin

Maybe it would be best to do away with the consolidation section altogether if it would mean a return to respectability.

Maybe you should avoid the section then. I enjoy the Consolidation section for it's news and being able to comment on it.

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

32. No subject May 30, 2008, 09:22 dryden555

a great post Charlie. I greatly suspect younger ages are tied into console fanboyism. Typically they can afford only one console which helps fuel their "anger" when one game looks better or worse on one console. I love gaming but I could care less about what console a game plays on.

31. Re: No subject May 30, 2008, 02:50 Charlie_Six

What's depressing to me is that the fanboyism isn't based on anything beyond what a person owns. Since I own all five game systems (DS, PSP, 360, PS3, and Wii), fanboys seem somewhat mentally insane, to the point that I now question their thinking abilities in other areas of life as well.

What exactly drives people to come to the defense of large multinational mega corporations in such a daily manner? Has marketing so effectively infiltrated people's minds? Do you all have public relations positions within Microsoft and Sony? What is going on here?!

There is little doubt that Sony and Microsoft will make a Playstation 4 and another Xbox. What this means is that the fanboy flame wars will continue for at least another 7-10 years. Do you guys honestly want to continue these kinds of posts for the next 7 years of your lives? If so, why focus on just console systems and not hamburger joints? Shoe companies? TV companies? Life insurance policies? I really want an honest answer from people like Creston, xxBatmanxx, and whatever PS3 fanboys are here.

Sometimes I think these posts are due to the highly competitive nature of male video game fans. It's like a middle class version of urban street gangs or something. Or perhaps a better comparison would be the zealous love of sports teams men have.

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

30. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 23:52 JM

I think it says something about the PS3 that MGS4 is being viewed as some sort of second coming, or maybe first coming, for that console. How desperate are PS3 owners for A game?

Bluesnews is becoming more and more like joystiq and kotaku with the rampant fanboism. Is anyone here over 12? Maybe it would be best to do away with the consolidation section altogether if it would mean a return to respectability.

29. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 22:44 Beamer

I'm fairly certain the new content on the PS3 is the same stuff already available on XBL.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

28. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 22:36 the_culture

And what? No enthusiasm for Bioshock?

Well, I'm excited. I beat the game on the 360 and was wanting to go back and play through it again, focusing on different plasmids. Now that it's coming to the PS3 in October with new content, I'm doubly excited.

27. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 21:34 MachineMk2

It's actually like comparing a real GAME to a 97 hour collection of boring as shit cut scenes. But I'm sure that the possibility of a 90 minute cut scene where two guys talk to each other is immensely exciting to MSG fans?

Creston

That one made me snarf. Agree completely. I can do without self-important, convoluted, dogmatic dialogue that requires a score card, a compass, a dramatis personae, 3-D glasses, and a cellular phone to call a friend who can tell me to switch the controller ports (which, admittedly, was a unique touch).

I think it says something about the PS3 that MGS4 is being viewed as some sort of second coming, or maybe first coming, for that console. How desperate are PS3 owners for A game? I think I have my answer. I hope MGS4 is everything people hope it will be, I really do.

And what? No enthusiasm for Bioshock?

26. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 18:39 Beamer

Actually batman the delay was only 12months for the US and Japan, the vast majority of places got PS3s 16+months after the 360.

Maybe countwise it's "the vast majority of places," but unit-wise it's "places where these systems sell far fewer units."

people really do seem to forget just how long the 360 was out before the ps3.

What does that matter? It got more consoles in more homes, which is the main stat publishers care about. So starting 10 million units behind, or whatever it was, is a major disadvantage. You can spin it as "the PS3 has been selling better since it came out," but when a publisher is looking he only sees 20 million potential customers vs. 13 million.

It's actually like comparing a real GAME to a 97 hour collection of boring as shit cut scenes.

97 hours of cut scenes that make no sense and have no discernable plot.
God I find those MGS games boring as hell.

The ones in GTA4 are boring. I have to say that overall I liked San Andreas better than 4, although obviously 4 took an enormous leap in detail, graphics and physics. I just felt there was more to do in San Andreas.

I found SA to be a bad game. Not a bad GTA game, but a bad game. Tedious, stupid, obnoxious, annoying, frustrating, and full of such shitty control.

Saints Row topped GTA:SA in every conceivable way. It's control was perfect. Yeah, the humor was lame, but SA had shitty humor. Yeah, every character outside of Johnny sucked, but SA didn't have any tolerable characters, either.

GTA4 blows both of them away and makes SR feel last-gen... except in control. I enjoyed my time with GTA4, but if I want to spend time cruising a city and running people down I'm still going to fire up SR. Better controls, better driving, better combat, and a garage full of really ugly cars.

If you put the saved garage and meaningful mods, the character customization, the combat and the control from SR into GTA4 you'd have a hell of a game.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

25. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 17:58 Creston

Its amusing when someone will claim 360 GTA4 with MGS4 PS3.

Its like comparing a high budget B list movie to a blockbuster hit.

It's actually like comparing a real GAME to a 97 hour collection of boring as shit cut scenes. But I'm sure that the possibility of a 90 minute cut scene where two guys talk to each other is immensely exciting to MSG fans?

Creston

24. No subject May 29, 2008, 17:56 xXBatmanXx

The ones in GTA4 are boring. I have to say that overall I liked San Andreas better than 4, although obviously 4 took an enormous leap in detail, graphics and physics. I just felt there was more to do in San Andreas.

??? Really? I thought SA was overly tedious....and that is saying ALOT for a GTA game. hehehehehe

BN 360 Scoreboard:

This comment was edited on May 29, 17:56.

23. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 17:55 Creston

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

"Welcome to Cluckin' Bell Muddaa Fukkaaaaaa!"

I miss San Andreas' fast food places.

"Cluckity Fuck, how can I serve you?"
"Only 90% guano!"
"If you come back... you're a moron!"
"Maybe you'll be lucky enough to find a feather!"

And the fucking Annihilator is just fucking pathetic. I want my Hunter!!!

Creston

22. Heh May 29, 2008, 17:52 Creston

IMO, saints Row couldn't hold a fucking candle to GTA, so after the very very good GTA4, I'm sure that Saints Row 2 probably looked pretty fucking crappy.

The only things I liked in Saints Row over GTA were :

1) You could blow up the L.
2) You got launched out of your car if you frontalled something. Although in Saints Row it happened WAYYYYYYY too often. I like how often it happens in GTA4.

Everything else about it just screamed "Me too!"

Creston

21. Re: No subject May 29, 2008, 16:53 xXBatmanXx

They'd be crazy not to - not that GTA4 is perfection (although it's very, very good) but more to make their own game stand out, instead of just looking like a knock off...

I was thinking along these lines last night, about the "very very good" about GTA4. I was playing Superman Returns, and by chance, didn't really think about it when the msg came up, but pulled up the map. Wow......pretty vast scale, a lot like GTA4 on the scale size, but not near the detail.

I think GTA4, Supes, and other large city games are an example of what can be done with care and detail. Put some damn sweat into these games instead of churning out crap. It sure does open people's eyes as to the possibilities.

And this is all on the console! (still praying GTA4 will be on PC)

Supes is boring btw....goes back tomorrow. (rental)

BN 360 Scoreboard:

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo