Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Some shouting last weekend lead to some slight hoarseness in my voice, and a little superficial research suggests that this apparently called Laryngitis just like voice loss caused by colds and such. The best treatment for my condition is said to be not to use my voice for a while, which would clear things up in a matter of days, so anyone who knows me and my verbose nature will understand why I now fear this may never go away.

Hoarse Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Crazy Flasher 2.
Link of the Morning: The 10 Craziest How-To Books You Never Knew Existed. 1+3=old punchline.
Stories: Capt. America, Thor, Iron Man movie Updates. Thanks nin.
Referee banned for changing his mind.
Historian pleads guilty to stealing Lincoln letter.
Media: SNAKE Game in the Student House. Thanks Digg.
Crazy Dog Really Likes The Campfire. NSFW.
Prehistoric Mammoth Discovered.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

18. Re: CoH - free weekend for cancelled accts. May 22, 2008, 15:40 Cutter

I did a while back and got my fill. Finally picked up the Burning Crusade and took the plung back into WoW. Fun so far, but I'll definitely be keeping a lot more casual.

"He was one of a kind. He was a mutant. A real heavyweight water buffalo type...who could chew his way through a concrete wall and spit out the other side, covered with lime and chalk, and look good in doing it." - Bill Murray as Dr. Hunter S. Thompson -

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. CoH - free weekend for cancelled accts. May 22, 2008, 15:19 xXBatmanXx

Anyone still playing City of Heroes?
If so - can you do the "re-invite a friend" and send it to me?
This way you get some free play time as well as I.

Wanted to see if I can bring my character back from the dead, check the game out for a month.

/edit: As an FYI to everyone with INactive accounts:
In celebration of Issue 12: Midnight Hour going live, we have reactivated your game account through the end of this weekend. Simply log on to City of HeroesŪ/City of VillainsŪ between now and Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 8:59 PST/11:59 EST and your account will be active* and playable!

"I'm an idiot...I move...."
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

This comment was edited on May 22, 15:22.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 13:24 xXBatmanXx

BTW, has anyone seen Indy yet? I've heard mixed reviews.

I was hoping to catch it while in Denver, but my days are getting long. Was invited to go tomorrow before my flight, but I think I will be working right up until I have to head to the airport. Double :(.

I will catch it this weekend.

BN 360 Scoreboard:

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

15. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 13:12 complicity

I am sure she received a nice monetary tip, better than if she had ignored him.
As long as that was the only tip he gave her. <rimshot>

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

14. No subject May 22, 2008, 12:55 strich

I sometimes wonder if it's worth it to be married. I think I would save about a grand a month if I was alone, insurance costs and such. Is it better to be alone or to have someone to fight with?

I just celebrated an anniversary yesterday and i gotta say that she's the best thing that ever happened to me. Plus, she puts up with my crap, so give it some time to let the problems pan out and talk about it.

I actually did something really stupid last night. I had dinner alone due to a fight and while sitting at the bar I noticed a cute bartender that had waited on me before. We wound up talking some, she was just being a good bartender but after my second jack and coke on an empty stomach I had a good buzz. I wrote my number on the back of the check with a note that said "If you ever want to chat". Will she be disgusted or just blow it off as something a drunk did? Has anyone ever had something like that work?

While stupid, i think it's human nature. I'm not condoning it, but i understand it. I was a bartender for 10 years working with gorgeous female bartenders at my side. It's hard not to do something like that when you've had a few. Just don't follow up with it if your relationship means anything to you.

Sorry for the ramble, I think I need to find a shrink.

That goes for most of us on this board.

So Blue, didja have to shack up with Gunnar?

BTW, has anyone seen Indy yet? I've heard mixed reviews.

----
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne
This comment was edited on May 22, 12:57.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

13. No subject May 22, 2008, 11:56 Acleacius

Renehan had suffered from bipolar disorder
WTH, does being Bipolar have to do with stealing Historical Artifacts? Unless it's intended to seek leniency from the court. It has to do with swings in mood from hyperactivity to depression, not kleptomania.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

12. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 11:45 xXBatmanXx

You mean how dumb is it other than the fact that your wife can see the back of the check?

I think he meant the bill.

But still dumb overall.

ahh. Well, she is a hot bartender, doing her job.
They are like strippers, they know how to work people.
I am sure she received a nice monetary tip, better than if she had ignored him.

Hot Bartender Chic: +1
Upset married dude at bar drinking his sorrow: -1

/I wouldn't sweat it...unless she calls. heh. If you are questioning what to do after she calls, maybe you need to look at your current situation a little more carefully!

BN 360 Scoreboard:

This comment was edited on May 22, 11:46.

11. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 11:34 Acleacius

Dang, that's a tough one Blue, if you don't mind dropping $15 bucks Echinacea is helpful for sore throats and cutting down cold symptoms in about half the time.

Capella don't sweat it, if that's the worst thing you ever do in a marriage (I have never been married, so take this with a grain of coffee) then you have nothing to worry about. Well not to much she certainly has a right to use this against you but after all it's your fault. Still it would only give her a minor upper hand.

Mostly the point is who hasn't gotten a little drunk when frustrated in a situation, then done something natural look for comfort even if it's just someone to talk to, however following up is where the problem would be, it's like the adage looking is ok but touching is damn destructive. So if your trying to follow up with the bartender then you and your marriage have serious issues and yes a counselor would be a good idea for you solo, at least at first.

This comment was edited on May 22, 11:39.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

10. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 11:28 complicity

You mean how dumb is it other than the fact that your wife can see the back of the check?
I think he meant the bill.

But still dumb overall.

9. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 11:12 xXBatmanXx

I wrote my number on the back of the check with a note that said "If you ever want to chat". Will she be disgusted or just blow it off as something a drunk did? Has anyone ever had something like that work?

BN 360 Scoreboard:

8. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 10:29 Warhawk

That's probably because the Mrs wanged you with a frying pan to end the argument.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

7. wow May 22, 2008, 10:21 Wowbagger_TIP

Very Zero Wing-ish dialog in that crazy flasher game. Can't even figure out what the name has to do with it. Bizarre.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

6. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 09:59 Steelcamp

"perhaps booze would alleviate this situation"
Tom Servo - MST3K

some sort of tea - honey - lemon juice - whiskey
stir it up
feel better...

This comment was edited on May 22, 09:59.

-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...

5. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 09:51 complicity

I think the fact that I can't even recall what I was shouting about pretty well proves that.
That's probably because the Mrs wanged you with a frying pan to end the argument.

4. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 09:47 nin

I am ashamed to admit this, but it was actually at MrsBlue

I actually thought about listing her, but didn't want to get too personal...

I hope everything turns out ok...

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/
This comment was edited on May 22, 09:47.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 09:45 Capella

I sometimes wonder if it's worth it to be married. I think I would save about a grand a month if I was alone, insurance costs and such. Is it better to be alone or to have someone to fight with?

I actually did something really stupid last night. I had dinner alone due to a fight and while sitting at the bar I noticed a cute bartender that had waited on me before. We wound up talking some, she was just being a good bartender but after my second jack and coke on an empty stomach I had a good buzz. I wrote my number on the back of the check with a note that said "If you ever want to chat". Will she be disgusted or just blow it off as something a drunk did? Has anyone ever had something like that work?

Sorry for the ramble, I think I need to find a shrink.

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

2. Re: No subject May 22, 2008, 09:31  Blue 

At Rock Band?
At the xbox?
At the dog?

I am ashamed to admit this, but it was actually at MrsBlue.

I usually don't lose my cool, but some stupid argument got to the point where I did lose it, and voices were raised (to put it mildly).

The fact that this has derailed my Rock Band singing has caused some amusement for both of us... we agree it is a punishment I probably deserve. I think the fact that I can't even recall what I was shouting about pretty well proves that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

1. No subject May 22, 2008, 09:22 nin

Some shouting last weekend

At Rock Band?
At the xbox?
At the dog?

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/