Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Today in a fit of inspiration, I moved the refrigerator to clean the floor underneath. The moving was the easy part, as the floor was quite grungy. I think every eight years is not frequent enough for such a job. I think next time I try this will be 2015 at the latest.

Grungy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Helix Defense.
Link of the Day: Top 5 Things I Learned From Videogames.
Story: Man dies in spitting contest. Thanks Boing Boing.
Whiskey Geeks Keep Moonshine Tradition Alive. Whisky!
Media: MUTO by Blu. Thanks dakslf.
Bobcat loads itself.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Shine May 18, 2008, 19:24 CreamyBlood

Great story, love it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Shine May 18, 2008, 18:13 ColBlister

My shine comes out at 185 proof, in one pass. Anything over about 120 proof will kill the cells in your mouth and throat on contact. I gave my buddy a sample of still-strength stuff, cautioning him he'd need to dilute it with 1-2 parts water before consuming. He says he took the stuff home, and his wife's ex was there and he's one of those macho 'oh, I can drink anything' guys. My buddy said, no, you really don't want to try that with this stuff. But, of course, Mr. Macho had to show what he was made of. He takes a big slug and tries to shake it off. Much reddening of face, coughing and sputtering between curses and accusations followed. My buddy thanked me profusely for what he called 'the most entertaining 20 minutes of my life'.

10. Re: moonshine tradition? May 18, 2008, 17:47 CreamyBlood

they got some insane white liquor up here - you dont even feel the burn till it hits your gut, and then turns into magma

If only I could return to my salad days...

9. moonshine tradition? May 18, 2008, 16:26 space captain

shit it never stopped over here in these NC mountains, if anything its only got bigger

they got some insane white liquor up here - you dont even feel the burn till it hits your gut, and then turns into magma

Go forth, and kill!

8. Re: No subject May 18, 2008, 16:26 nin

I have just read 2 Indy reviews, both with spoilers and no warning beforehand.

Beware...

------------------------------------------------
http://theslip.nin.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: No subject May 18, 2008, 13:23 Warhawk

thanks for the head's up Warhawk, we weren't sure what to look forward to with our kid, so that helps.

I may have missed something here or there (had to go get some refreshments for the tyke), but I think that captures the essence of the potential objectionable material.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

6. No subject May 18, 2008, 10:14 strich

thanks for the head's up Warhawk, we weren't sure what to look forward to with our kid, so that helps.

----
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

5. Speed Racer May 18, 2008, 00:51 Warhawk

*double post*
This comment was edited on May 18, 00:53.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

4. Speed Racer May 18, 2008, 00:51 Warhawk

The trailers don't lie - it's like someone took all the neon lights they could find and put them in every racing scene they could find (except for a few scenes in exotic natural locales). It was better than I thought, which isn't saying much, but the movie was like a CGI Tokyo Drift with bumper cars thrown in. The racing scenes are teriffic in their badness with spinning and jumping around with neon and blur effects everywhere. Our 5-year old liked it.

A few tidbits for those with young kids - a scene with pirahnas (not too graphic, but more than I felt comfortable with our son, so I covered his eyes), the "s***" word (bleeped out), "ass" and "damn" a couple of times, ninja-style fighting, some blood on a face from a split lip and bloody nose, and one flipping the bird. I was a bit nervous going in (for a 5-year old), but to me it wasn't too much for him (in general).

3. No subject May 17, 2008, 21:11 Shadowcat

In general, I think graffiti warrants imprisonment, because nothing else seems to stop those fuckers from vandalising people's property with their insipid ugly crap. That said, Muto is absolutely INCREDIBLE. And given that most of the surfaces were covered in other rubbish, the vast expanses of white left behind are actually something of an improvement, I think

This comment was edited on May 17, 21:15.

2. Re: lol May 17, 2008, 19:59 Enahs

Is this "fit of inspiration" AKA a nagging Mrs. Blue?

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

1. lol May 17, 2008, 19:45 LittleMe

did my fridge a week ago. Its like dust that becomes grunge over the years when humidity adheres it to the floor. Took a disinfecting wipe to the floor. Nice to do that stuff, it feels therapeutic.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo