Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

A few of you have mailed me about a racy ad that appeared here recently (as always, thank you to those who take time out to bring such things to my attention). I was told it was being eliminated as soon as it was first identified, and it should have been long gone by now, but there was apparently some difficulty in tracking this down. I've been once again reassured this is being addressed, so hopefully this is really gone by now. If you do encounter a NSFW ad here, please feel free to let me know ASAP, as we're in zero tolerance mode at this point and will just have to yoink the ad code if they reappear.

Intolerant Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Active Defense Revolution.
Link of the Morning: How to Tell You're an Aging Gamer.
Stories: Swiss man soars above Alps with jet-powered wing.
NYC cabbie is fined $1,000 for foul-mouthed tirade. WTF?
10-year-old scholar takes Calif. college by storm. Paging Dr. Howser.
Media: A Dose Of TF2 Comedy.
How To Have An Opinion About GTA IV.
I'm Only Sleeping - WoW video.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Swiss dude flying over the Alps May 16, 2008, 08:37 kanniballl

That guy is my new hero. Is his last name Stark? Seriously, when he landed I have to assume Nick Fury was waiting to talk to him about the Avengers Initiative.

He reminded me more of the Centurions. The blue guy flew around in a wing that looked kind of similar. It was a lame TV show from the 1980's, but I think it repeats on Boomerang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Centurions_%28TV_series%29

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Swiss dude flying over the Alps May 16, 2008, 04:16 LemonJoose

That guy is my new hero. Is his last name Stark? Seriously, when he landed I have to assume Nick Fury was waiting to talk to him about the Avengers Initiative.

19. Re: Racy Ad May 15, 2008, 17:00 Earthworm

Thanks Blue, I haven't seen them again since the day after the post I made.

Much appreciated.

/*New and stirring things are belittled because if they are not belittled, the humiliating question arises, ``Why then are you not taking part in them?'' -H.G. Wells*/

18. Bat's Dive Bar May 15, 2008, 16:32 Killer Kane

The Replacements...what a great band...what great memories...last time I saw them was in 94, in Louisville KY just before the final break up

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying

17. What Ads? May 15, 2008, 16:16 Marvin T. Martian

There's ads here?
Firefox with Adblock--yummy!!!

16. Re: No subject May 15, 2008, 15:19 xXBatmanXx

The cyclone in Burma I agree, bunch of fucked up assholes running that country. But the earthquake in China, WTF you talking about? the chinese goverment responded to that immediately with shitloads of resources, did a damn better job then YOUR goverment has been doing lately.

Settle down Bevis....I said I was catching up on things.. sheesh.

"I'm an idiot...I move...."
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

15. GTA May 15, 2008, 15:13 Yosemite Sam

Well I finally figured out how to get rid of wanted levels in the game, without actually having to ditch the cops, wish I had known that before the snow storm mission. Heh and I am about 35% done and I just found out that GPS has voice too, finally jacked a new enough car to get it, yes I now know I can turn it on for all cars but I prefer it this way, just doesnt seem right when my beater or hog is talking to me. At this point I almost have no time to do missions anymore, keeping my friends happy is a full time job. Game just keeps getting better and better, Rockstar kicks ass, I sure hope EA doesnt get thier slimy hands on this. Damn you Roman! if you werent family...  

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

14. Re: No subject May 15, 2008, 15:04 Yosemite Sam

It is the response (not that the US was much better with Katrina.....) that is troublesome.

The cyclone in Burma I agree, bunch of fucked up assholes running that country. But the earthquake in China, WTF you talking about? the chinese goverment responded to that immediately with shitloads of resources, did a damn better job then YOUR goverment has been doing lately.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

13. Re: No subject May 15, 2008, 14:51 xXBatmanXx

How do you really prepare for a F5 Tornado/Hurricane or 8.0+ earthquake? All the planning/money in the world can't stand up to mother nature.

I agree 100%. It is the response (not that the US was much better with Katrina.....) that is troublesome.

BN 360 Scoreboard:

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

12. Re: No subject May 15, 2008, 14:49 The Half Elf

But at the same time there is a reason they are called Natural Disasters.
Earthquakes, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Tsunami's, Flash Floods, Normal Floods, etc etc etc.
Granted they do happen, but at the same time I don't blame anyone about the Hurricanes we get here in Florida because I choose to live here (humidity is another story), and I didn't blame anyone for Earthquakes in California.
But when they do happen, especially when you have say, a 8.0 earthquake, or a hurricane that destroys a city that was built below sea level who can you really blame?

How do you really prepare for a F5 Tornado/Hurricane or 8.0+ earthquake? All the planning/money in the world can't stand up to mother nature.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Re: Cabbie May 15, 2008, 14:40 Cutter

I loathe cabbies. It should be entirely legal to kill them on the spot for being assholes IMO. The danger they are the road is very real. The waste of fuel, the negative impact they have on the economy by creating traffic jams with double parking, crusing in driving lanes looking for fares, etc. is probably much larger than anyone thinks. Not to mention how many accidents they cause with their selfish driving. I've clocked one or two in my time and come very close to throttling a lot more.

And Bats, I've always found that it seems the largest percentage of douchebag drivers on the road - outside of cabbies - are people who drive Mercedes. They seem to feel that sense they drive those POS rides they they are somehow better than everyone else and that the rules somehow do not apply to them. If I was a traffic cop I would spend my time doing virtually nothing else but my utmost to get cabbies and Mercedes drivers off the road.

"He was one of a kind. He was a mutant. A real heavyweight water buffalo type...who could chew his way through a concrete wall and spit out the other side, covered with lime and chalk, and look good in doing it." - Bill Murray as Dr. Hunter S. Thompson -

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Racy Ad May 15, 2008, 14:13 JM

If you do encounter a NSFW ad here, please feel free to let me know ASAP

You mean like the one right underneath today's "Out of the Blue"? Personally, I have no problem with it, but the "UGO Underground Online" ad with the topless woman cupping her breasts makes this site a little NSFW where I work.

9. No subject May 15, 2008, 13:41 xXBatmanXx

I am not a complete heartless prick (close though) but being out of town part of last week and this week, I hadn't really had a chance to catchup on things, (didn't have tv) and just want to give some positive thought to the Typhoon and Earthquake ridden areas of the East.

It really sheds light into the workings and problems with the governments, programs, and organizations (dictatorships, etc.) that run those areas and their complete disregard for human life....so sad.

/edit: Apparently I am headed to Denver for work next week.....any and all typical travel info for a guy is much appreciated. (eating, drinking, what to see, etc.)

I haven't been there in YEARS - and it was a pass through on a road trip....so it will all be new for me.

//edit: That list of old gamer stuff is hilariously accurate....
Your dates involve Ms. Pac-Man.
VERY guilty. I tend to gravitate to the CC Club here in MPLS....one of a very few Ms.Pac Man games in the wild - cocktail style, for .25 - The drinks are also cheap. Dive bar, punks and drunks. My kind of place. Also where the Replacements played night after night back in the day. Juke box is 2nd to maybe only 1 in MPLS....The Triple Rock Social Club.

BN 360 Scoreboard:

This comment was edited on May 15, 14:50.

8. Re: Cabbie May 15, 2008, 11:18 xXBatmanXx

Say what? Anybody would get out of there car and start yelling at someone. While I disagree with calling it assault, it is grounds for fines for assault virtually everywhere. Not to mention stupid as hell.

And now a verbal assault can be categorized as a "terroristic threat". Instant jail time.

Driving back from WI we damn near got wiped out by a dude in a Mercedes who was driving on the shoulder of a 2 lane hwy - He cut in front of me and I had to swerve onto the shoulder, I couldn't stop in time (zero warning, all of a sudden there was a white flash 2 inches in front of my right bumper and then in front of me with brakes and ass up in the air).....got the troopers involved, don't know if they ever caught up to him.... obviously didn't care about his gf/wife in the passenger seat or his kids in the back...shoulder, lane, shoulder, red light run on the shoulder, etc.

Just hope he didn't kill any innocent people.

BN 360 Scoreboard:

7. Re: Racy Ad May 15, 2008, 10:36 shul

I thought it was something like that.. but you are aware of the "cloth the anime" and "babes of UGO" ads , right?

6. Re: Racy Ad May 15, 2008, 10:32 InBlack

Tits and Ass, Tits and Ass

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Racy Ad May 15, 2008, 10:17 shul

What was that Ad about ?

4. No subject May 15, 2008, 10:10 InBlack

10-year-old scholar takes Calif. college by storm.

Poor kid, he is going to miss out on the wonderfull joys of high-school

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Cabbie May 15, 2008, 10:01 Enahs

Am I interpreting this correctly.... he's claiming his word carries more weight than a court of law?

what a pompous asshole

At the same time, this from the story:

prompting Sobszak to jump out of his cab and use a vulgarity repeatedly.

And then this:
"You're asking cabbies to be inhuman and not react to ... things any one of us would react to," she said.

Say what? Anybody would get out of there car and start yelling at someone. While I disagree with calling it assault, it is grounds for fines for assault virtually everywhere. Not to mention stupid as hell.

Both of the views expressed in the article are just superficial view points on this topic, and there is a lot more involved.

Both sound like jackholes to me.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

This comment was edited on May 15, 10:02.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

2. Cabbie May 15, 2008, 09:54 Hump

A 1982 legal decision in a case called TLC vs. Baudin found that a "driver's use of profanity during a fight with a pedestrian was not misconduct given cognizance to the realities of life in New York City."

But Daus, in a letter to Sobczak, said, "To the extent that decisions issued before my tenure, such as TLC vs. Baudin, may be read to overrule the penalty of license revocation for verbal harassment or abuse, I would override those decisions."

Am I interpreting this correctly.... he's claiming his word carries more weight than a court of law?

what a pompous asshole.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo