Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed Patch

A new patch for Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut Edition updates the PC variant on this stealth game to version 1.02. The 35 MB patch addresses a number of bugs, adds support for x64 editions of Windows and fixed DirectX 10.1 support. The download is available from AtomicGamer, FileFront, FanGaming, FileShack, Gamer's Hell, Internode Games Network, and Strategy Informer.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: x64 again... May 15, 2008, 08:58 MacD

There is an oddly simple way to fix all sound problems in AC, and I wonder why Ubi doesn't patch it properly (my guess is Creative payola, but, well...):

backup/delete the eax.dll in the AC directory and replace it with the eax.dll from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. It seems that the eax.dll version 4.something which AC comes with sucks, and the STALKER easx.dll (v3.something) runs everything fine. This fixed my sound delay and missing sound problems.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: fixed DirectX 10.1 support May 15, 2008, 08:53 MacD

Why the hell do you need another one? alt+F4 is faster than esc+naviagtetomenuchoice+click. So what is your whine? Seriously, if that is your only issue with the game, there is nothing wrong with it.

16. Re: x64 again... May 14, 2008, 06:50 InBlack

And they wonder why the PC gaming market is in decline.

Maybe they need to re-learn to make intelligent thoughtfull games that don't rely "just" on pretty graphics or "just" on hype.

I have a nifty blue line!

15. x64 again... May 13, 2008, 22:53 necrosis

I take that back. You still do have to shut off sound acceleration in the control panel to hear 1/2 the SFX in the game.

Nice patch EA/Ubi... NOT!

14. x64 May 13, 2008, 22:42 necrosis

Where? Whenever I run the game it still runs in x86 mode according to Task Manager.

Least it seams they fixed the issue with having to shut off sound acceleration to even hear people's speech in the game.

13. Re: No subject May 13, 2008, 20:32 Cutter

Yeah, the potential for this game was massive, but utterly failed with the seriously repetitious gameplay. Had they crossed the gameplay of Thief and Hitman with this setting it would have been huge and highly memorable.

"He was one of a kind. He was a mutant. A real heavyweight water buffalo type...who could chew his way through a concrete wall and spit out the other side, covered with lime and chalk, and look good in doing it." - Bill Murray as Dr. Hunter S. Thompson -

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

12. No subject May 13, 2008, 19:39 Karl_L

Joss.
I wouldn't recommend it.
But perhaps you will like it.
Basically, its a heap of boring unskipable cutscenes.
With the same mission repeated over and over.
Walk around the city, pick a pocket, sit on a bench and listen, punch a man. And then stab the main dude.
Combat is just a game of timing, there is almost no stealth involved, The game constantly wrenches control of the camera from you. Climbing is fun but requires no skill (just hold down 3 buttons to run and he does it all automatically)

This is no "Theif" or "Hitman" or even "Prince of Persia" as LittleMe suggested. Prince of Persia requires skill.

11. No subject May 13, 2008, 18:03 Shadowcat

Overon: I think they removed it in a previous patch because it was messing up on nVidia systems. Now this patch adds it back in, presumably in a form that is more stable across different video cards.

10. No subject May 13, 2008, 17:30 Phangan

its quite a good game. but repetitive at end like exploring every observation post or help a civilian, etc... . there not much replayability. also cant cut cinematics, dont get me wrong i like to follow the storylines and watch the cinematics but its over the top.

9. Re: No subject May 13, 2008, 17:08 Overon

So someone clarify. Is dx10.1 in or out? They said this patch would remove it but it does not?

8. Re: No subject May 13, 2008, 16:51 Jerykk

Joss if you like the Prince of Persia games you'd certainly like this one.

I disagree completely. I loved the PoP games and that made AC all the more underwhelming. The appeal of the PoP games is that they required skill and planning. You had to figure out how to get from point A to point B and then you actually had to do it.

In AC, platforming is completely automated. You hold one button and the game does everything for you. Altair can also climb pretty much anything, so there's no real planning involved either. As a platformer, AC is just terrible. If you like PoP, stay far away from AC.

And this criticism doesn't even include the painfully formulaic and tedious level design, dumbed-down combat, stupid AI, contrived stealth mechanics, etc.

7. No subject May 13, 2008, 16:11 LittleMe

Joss if you like the Prince of Persia games you'd certainly like this one. Also the countryside is very nice. The horse riding is something to see. Very nice game. Not the best game ever either.. I enjoyed it but after about 2-3 weeks I think I'm done with it.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

6. Re: fixed DirectX 10.1 support May 13, 2008, 15:39 Joss

Should I pick this game up? Is it fun?

5. Re: fixed DirectX 10.1 support May 13, 2008, 15:21 Enahs

Does Alt+F4 not work?

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

4. Re: fixed DirectX 10.1 support May 13, 2008, 14:01 MMORPGHoD

Yeah, who needs to quit a game easily anyways. Just push the off button on your console, oops. I guess they forgot it's a PC.

3. Re: fixed DirectX 10.1 support May 13, 2008, 13:43 Mashiki Amiketo

Every game need 4 quit menu's...obviously.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

2. Re: fixed DirectX 10.1 support May 13, 2008, 13:14 Jerykk

Still no "Quit to Desktop" option. Seriously, how hard is it to add such a simple option to the Pause menu? Makes me wonder if Ubisoft has listened to any of the feedback on the game.

1. fixed DirectX 10.1 support May 13, 2008, 12:40 LittleMe

So its back in eh? Something to keep conspiracy theorists busy.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo