Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BlizzCon 2008 Announced

Blizzard announces the 2008 installment of the BlizzCon convention:

MARLOW, UK – 12th May, 2008 – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for its third BlizzCon™ gaming convention, to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on 10 and 11 October. BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment®’s Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises. In response to the demand to accommodate more attendees, this year’s event has expanded from two convention halls to three.

“Whenever we’ve been able to meet and interact with Blizzard gamers from around the world, it’s been a great experience for us,” stated Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re looking forward to seeing even more of our players at this year’s BlizzCon and delivering another entertaining and informative event for them.”

BlizzCon will offer a wide variety of activities to help all attendees get the most out of the two-day event. In addition to serving as a gathering place for the different Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, attendees will be able to enjoy:

• Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment releases
        • Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
        • Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
        • Areas and activities devoted to licensed products such as the World of Warcraft® Trading Card Game
        • Costume, machinima, and character sound-alike contests with great prizes
        • Commemorative merchandise based on the Blizzard Entertainment franchises
        • A silent auction
        • More exciting activities to be announced

Tickets for BlizzCon will go on sale in the next few weeks at a price of $100 USD per person. As the event draws closer, further details will be announced on the official BlizzCon website: www.blizzcon.com.

View
17. Re: Buy tickets May 12, 2008, 20:08 osage no onna

I've lvl'd 2 shamans, one enhancement, one elemental, to 70, and the class is pretty freaking powereful, so I'm wondering if this is just another jump on the bandwagon or...

Shamans are awesome while leveling up, but woeful at whatever the max level happens to be at the time. I'm guessing you mostly raid or BG with yours at 70, because that's pretty much all they're any good for.

I recommend enrolling your enhacement shammy into a 2v2 or 3v3 arena team and I rather think your opinion might change.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 12, 11:59 No subject strich
  18. May 12, 20:16  Re: No subject Talisorn
  19. May 13, 04:06   Re: No subject InBlack
  20. May 13, 13:23    Re: No subject m00t
  2. May 12, 12:28 Get em early! Techie714 ©
  3. May 12, 12:31 Buy tickets tj
  4. May 12, 12:57  Re: Buy tickets ColoradoHoudini
  5. May 12, 13:15   Re: Buy tickets Grounded
  7. May 12, 13:23    Re: Buy tickets LordLaggart
  10. May 12, 16:16   Re: Buy tickets Alamar