Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

BlizzCon 2008 Announced

Blizzard announces the 2008 installment of the BlizzCon convention:

MARLOW, UK – 12th May, 2008 – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for its third BlizzCon™ gaming convention, to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on 10 and 11 October. BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment®’s Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises. In response to the demand to accommodate more attendees, this year’s event has expanded from two convention halls to three.

“Whenever we’ve been able to meet and interact with Blizzard gamers from around the world, it’s been a great experience for us,” stated Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re looking forward to seeing even more of our players at this year’s BlizzCon and delivering another entertaining and informative event for them.”

BlizzCon will offer a wide variety of activities to help all attendees get the most out of the two-day event. In addition to serving as a gathering place for the different Blizzard Entertainment gaming communities, attendees will be able to enjoy:

• Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment releases
        • Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
        • Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
        • Areas and activities devoted to licensed products such as the World of Warcraft® Trading Card Game
        • Costume, machinima, and character sound-alike contests with great prizes
        • Commemorative merchandise based on the Blizzard Entertainment franchises
        • A silent auction
        • More exciting activities to be announced

Tickets for BlizzCon will go on sale in the next few weeks at a price of $100 USD per person. As the event draws closer, further details will be announced on the official BlizzCon website: www.blizzcon.com.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. No subject May 14, 2008, 08:58 Mr. Tact

LOL. They could charge $500 and it would still sell out.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. No subject May 14, 2008, 06:35 Big Tuna

100 bucks? You gotta be kidding me...Blizzard needs to get a grip. These events are about the fans, not making money.

ID Software makes these guys look plain retarted. Quakecon costs NOTHING to get in and NOTHING to play in the tourneys.

21. No subject May 13, 2008, 17:18 Phangan

watching a moonking making a fool of himself, priceless!

This comment was edited on May 13, 17:19.

20. Re: No subject May 13, 2008, 13:23 m00t

3 tix to Foo Fighters - $152
2 tix to NIN - $136

~57.6 per ticket average. So you could *almost* go to 2 concerts for $100. Not counting air-fare of course which probably is ~$200 - 400 round trip from anywhere far enough away to warrant flying. Oh then there's hotel...

As for me, I'll just watch all the interesting things on Youtube for free.

19. Re: No subject May 13, 2008, 04:06 InBlack

I love Blizzard, but to pay 100$ to watch some pimply dorks sucking up to them......ahem....no fucking way....100 bucks FFS!!!! Save your hundred bucks people and go to a heavy metal concert or something....

I have a nifty blue line!

18. Re: No subject May 12, 2008, 20:16 Talisorn

I'd love to be able to afford to go to one of these events, if only to prove to myself once again that there are scarier nerds out there than me. Unfortunately I just can't justify the flight from Australia.

17. Re: Buy tickets May 12, 2008, 20:08 osage no onna

I've lvl'd 2 shamans, one enhancement, one elemental, to 70, and the class is pretty freaking powereful, so I'm wondering if this is just another jump on the bandwagon or...

Shamans are awesome while leveling up, but woeful at whatever the max level happens to be at the time. I'm guessing you mostly raid or BG with yours at 70, because that's pretty much all they're any good for.

I recommend enrolling your enhacement shammy into a 2v2 or 3v3 arena team and I rather think your opinion might change.

16. MARLOW, UK? May 12, 2008, 19:21 Kxmode

Did they move operations over to the UK?

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

15. Re: D3 May 12, 2008, 19:09 Ludomancer

"I would go if Diablo 3 were going to be announced..."

*cough*

This comment was edited on May 12, 19:09.

14. Re: Buy tickets May 12, 2008, 18:35 Buckermann

...= u fail.
Maybe tj fails regarding selling tickets on ebay, but at least he doesn't types like a complete moron.

13. Re: Buy tickets May 12, 2008, 18:12 Horde4Life

U can't, u need to show the credit card you used to purchase the tickets in order to get the tix = u fail.

12. No subject May 12, 2008, 16:43 Mr. Tact

Who has even less space in his inventory because he has to carry a quiver or ammo bag...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11. Re: Buy tickets May 12, 2008, 16:36 The Half Elf

Well I would like to see an overhaul of totems. Between 4 totems, ahnk's, mounts, etc my main backpack is full of stuff for the class. As much as I love my cow shammy (first/main) character, I shelved him for my lovely Troll Hunter.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

10. Re: Buy tickets May 12, 2008, 16:16 Alamar

I'd like to show up just to punch the devs in the face whom were responsible for fucking up PvE by putting so much effort into balancing PvP.

I'd also like to punch whomever is responsible for overlooking the shaman class for so long.

So they've balanced things for PvP, so you must mean PvE in your next comment...

I've lvl'd 2 shamans, one enhancement, one elemental, to 70, and the class is pretty freaking powereful, so I'm wondering if this is just another jump on the bandwagon or...

-Alamar

9. Re: So no more Blizz on E3? May 12, 2008, 13:54 VultureMAN

drop E3 because they got clueless.

Show up at PAX for the West Coast Gamers convention. Where vendors still ask nicely for a spot to showcase their wares

This comment was edited on May 12, 13:54.

8. No subject May 12, 2008, 13:23 m00t

E3 is dead as a consumer gaming show and largely dead as a media event. I say let it die. Last year was terrible.

This comment was edited on May 12, 13:24.

7. Re: Buy tickets May 12, 2008, 13:23 LordLaggart

Yes Diablo 3 would be too good to be true. I played WOW for a while and never really liked it as much. I need blood and gore and lots of badies. I'm glad i'm not the only one wishing for some D3.

6. So no more Blizz on E3? May 12, 2008, 13:21 MrTA

It seems that Blizzcon will be an annual show now to bad if that affects Blizzards visits on E3. As a european fan of Blizzard I could go to E3 and check them out there since my mag pays it for me but go to Blizzcon only? Not likely :S Hopefully they will attend some tradeshows so we euros can have a chance to see them at least.

And it should be interesting to see what they will announce this year. Both wow expansion and sc2 is alive already. Maybe Diablo mmo and some news on that Starcraft console game?

5. Re: Buy tickets May 12, 2008, 13:15 Grounded

I would go if Diablo 3 were going to be announced...but thats a pipe dream

4. Re: Buy tickets May 12, 2008, 12:57 ColoradoHoudini

I'd like to show up just to punch the devs in the face whom were responsible for fucking up PvE by putting so much effort into balancing PvP.

I'd also like to punch whomever is responsible for overlooking the shaman class for so long.

And punch a bunch of whiny casual kids in the mouth.

i'm way too angry over a video game I hardly play any more.

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo