Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ghostbusters Movie/Preview

Gametrailers TV profiles the upcoming Ghostbusters game (thanks Ant and Digg), offering interviews with the developers at Terminal Reality about the project in a video preview that includes a bunch of gameplay footage. The episode also offers the Gears of War 2 footage.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: No subject May 12, 2008, 12:06 zirik

The only point i was trying to make is that it shouldn't be hard to get him to appear in your movie/videogame/barmitzvah/hentai video if you offer him the right pay. That's all.

everyone has a price.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: No subject May 12, 2008, 08:57 TangoBaker

Again, not commenting on whether doing anything for pay is good or bad in and of itself or unusual in his profession or a even a bad idea.

The only point i was trying to make is that it shouldn't be hard to get him to appear in your movie/videogame/barmitzvah/hentai video if you offer him the right pay. That's all.

17. Re: No subject May 12, 2008, 08:28 Ecthelion

The point is not that he only does good stuff or bad stuff. The point is that he will apparently do anything for pay.
I don't think there's a single actor that hasn't been in a few embarrassing movies in his career. I forget who it was that said something along the lines of "you take whatever work you can get", but I think it's true. Even the more selective actors (like Murray) have to "just do it" from time to time to keep the paychecks rolling in and keep their name in the public eye. All of those fancy cars don't pay for themselves, you know.

16. Re: No subject May 12, 2008, 08:12 kanniballl

The point is not that he only does good stuff or bad stuff. The point is that he will apparently do anything for pay.

Well, in his defense "Garfield" probably sounded like a good idea at the time. I'm not saying I liked it, but in the early stages it probably sounded like it might be a decent flick. When they were pitching it, I could see someone thinking "hmm, this might be a cute kids movie" or whatever.

And something like that, you don't know how everything fit together until you see the final product at which point it's too late.

But Garfield 2, I don't know what they were thinking.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

15. Re: No subject May 12, 2008, 07:33 TangoBaker

This comment was edited on May 12, 07:33.

14. Re: No subject May 12, 2008, 00:29 Elf Shot The Food

"their game concept looks better than terminal reality's version."

They're doing a Ghostbusters-esque game called TimeO, so we'll see who had the better ideas.

13. Re: No subject May 12, 2008, 00:15 Cutter

Remember Garfield & Garfield 2?

Uh, remember Lost in Translation and The Life Aquatic?

"He was one of a kind. He was a mutant. A real heavyweight water buffalo type...who could chew his way through a concrete wall and spit out the other side, covered with lime and chalk, and look good in doing it." - Bill Murray as Dr. Hunter S. Thompson -

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

12. Re: No subject May 11, 2008, 22:32 zirik

That's not UE3. It's whatever proprietary engine Zootfly uses.

their game concept looks better than terminal reality's version.

11. Re: No subject May 11, 2008, 22:17 Kosumo

But But But busting was ment to make me feel good, and I only feel meh!

10. Re: No subject May 11, 2008, 21:12 Elf Shot The Food

"That tech demo of Ghostbusters in Unreal3 was far more entertaining."

Was it this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=rM4cuKgGNvg

That's not UE3. It's whatever proprietary engine Zootfly uses.

9. Re: No subject May 11, 2008, 20:12 kanniballl

I remember around 1996 when they decided to do a new GhostBusters cartoon (Extreme Ghostbusters), based on the old one. I think it went along the lines of Egon mentoring a group of young ghost busters at the old firehouse. I only caught a few episodes (it stunk).

Anyway, one episode had me scratching my head, wondering if the actors were annoyed at the cartoon.

In one episode they had statues of Peter and the likes wearing the (original) proton packs. This was plot-important because their new tech was out of order so they grabbed the packs from the statues.

What's weird is that for some reason they had to digitally mask the faces whenever the statue was in view, like when the news shows a suspect being hauled into a police car.

I have to wonder if someone was overly protective of their image or the Ghostbusters property? Or if something stupid went on with the studio.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

8. Condensed version. May 11, 2008, 20:10 Ant

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Ghostbusters_The_Video_Game_New_Footage_Interviews for the non-HD and without the extra craps.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

7. Re: No subject May 11, 2008, 20:05 TangoBaker

I don't think it's very hard to get Murray to do anything these days. Remember Garfield & Garfield 2?

6. Re: No subject May 11, 2008, 19:31 PHJF

That tech demo of Ghostbusters in Unreal3 was far more entertaining.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. No subject May 11, 2008, 18:06 Donkey_Punch

The Ghostbusters game looks pretty lame. You know the product is in trouble when they say the motivation for making it is because the logo is well known.

4. gt = ass May 11, 2008, 17:43 bigspender

just wanted to express my hatred for gametrailers
kthx

CRITICAL PATCH released within 2 weeks = RETURN TO STORE
IN GAME ADVERTISING = GO ***** YOURSELVES

3. Re: No subject May 11, 2008, 16:12 Nuclear Watchdog

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 12, 09:40.

================================================
"Whattadya wanna hear, that I'm your bitch? Fine. You came in
here, took it to me, and now I'm your bitch. Happy now?" - Creston

2. Re: No subject May 11, 2008, 15:44 sir

In other vaguely movie related news, Star Wars Kid finds a new use for his 'lightsaber' - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/5001920.stm

This comment was edited on May 11, 15:46.

1. No subject May 11, 2008, 14:38 Aero

The more I see of Ghostbusters, the more pessimistic I become. It looks like a pretty mediocre, run of the mill third-person shooter. What attracts me to it is the contribution by the cast (getting Bill Murray to do this is incredible). Originally, they had said it was written by Dan Akroyd, but from the trailer it looks more like it was written by some guy at Terminal Reality and they asked Akroyd if it was good, and he gave some input. Not quite the same thing.

Anyways, Gears of War 2 looks pretty cool.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo