Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
User Settings
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Race Driver GRID Demo

A playable demo for Race Driver GRID is now available, offering a test drive of the PC edition of the next installment in the Race Driver series of motorsports simulations. Word is: "The demo offers 3 events to compete in. The eBay Motors Muscle Cup sees you taking the wheel of a Ford Mustang GT-R and the streets of San Francisco, the Advan International Trophy hands you a Nissan S15 Silvia and your playground is Yokohama Docks, and the Euro Touring Car Series provides some old-school tin-top thrills with a BMW 320si touring car and the sweeping curves and hairpins of Jarama." The 894 MB download can be found on AtomicGamer,, eXp Download, FileShack, and Gamer's Hell.

5. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 19:26 Aero
Yeah, not impressed. Has too much arcade in it. I'm not asking for a hard-core simulation necessarily, but I would like it to at least approximate it. They ought to build a solid vehicle-dynamics simulation first (the tire simulation doesn't necessarily have to be fancy though) and then tweak it to make it more controllable on a gamepad or for those looking for a more relaxed experience.

It seems as though weight-transfer isn't modeled at all, nor is the balance between front and rear grip. It seems to boil down to your turning ability being just a function of your speed which is no fun at all.

I highly doubt this will be popular even with the people who are just looking for an arcade experience. It's difficult to control, but not in a good way. It's frustrating rather than challenging.

Maybe they'll get it sorted by the time the full game is released. In my opinion, this is a step backward even from TRD3.

The graphics are nice though, a little heavy on the effects, but it's pretty to be sure. I understand it runs pretty well on older hardware too, which is nice and a big improvement from Dirt.

ed: It does have an in-cockpit cam. At least that's what it defaulted to for me. I think I selected "lock camera to driver" or something like that.

This comment was edited on May 9, 19:28.
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report
    Date Subject Author
  1. May 9, 18:29 No subject HoSpanky
  2. May 9, 18:34  Re: No subject Jerykk
  4. May 9, 19:19  Re: No subject Lorcin
  6. May 9, 21:28   Re: No subject Krovven
  7. May 9, 21:33   Re: No subject Krovven
  3. May 9, 18:52 No subject cronik
>> 5. May 9, 19:26  Re: No subject Aero
  8. May 9, 21:48 The audio sucks Bludd

Blue's News logo