Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Race Driver GRID Demo

A playable demo for Race Driver GRID is now available, offering a test drive of the PC edition of the next installment in the Race Driver series of motorsports simulations. Word is: "The demo offers 3 events to compete in. The eBay Motors Muscle Cup sees you taking the wheel of a Ford Mustang GT-R and the streets of San Francisco, the Advan International Trophy hands you a Nissan S15 Silvia and your playground is Yokohama Docks, and the Euro Touring Car Series provides some old-school tin-top thrills with a BMW 320si touring car and the sweeping curves and hairpins of Jarama." The 894 MB download can be found on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, eXp Download, FileShack, and Gamer's Hell.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. The audio sucks May 9, 2008, 21:48 Bludd

It's like it clips constantly.

MEH!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 21:33 Krovven

the way the camera follows the car. I can't put my finger on WHY it bothers me so much

I want to see an in cockpit cam

K, do people seriously not try to change settings when they don't like something?

THERE IS LIKE 5 DIFFERENT CAMERAS!!!!

Hood, bumper, 2 or 3 different chase cams, and....wait for it...COCKPIT.

Try checking the options before you complain about shit.

----------------------------------------------------
Grand Theft Auto IV.....what else is there?

PSN ID= Puscifer73
"Blues News" Steam Community... http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/
This comment was edited on May 9, 21:34.

6. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 21:28 Krovven

This comment was edited on May 9, 21:34.

5. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 19:26 Aero

Yeah, not impressed. Has too much arcade in it. I'm not asking for a hard-core simulation necessarily, but I would like it to at least approximate it. They ought to build a solid vehicle-dynamics simulation first (the tire simulation doesn't necessarily have to be fancy though) and then tweak it to make it more controllable on a gamepad or for those looking for a more relaxed experience.

It seems as though weight-transfer isn't modeled at all, nor is the balance between front and rear grip. It seems to boil down to your turning ability being just a function of your speed which is no fun at all.

I highly doubt this will be popular even with the people who are just looking for an arcade experience. It's difficult to control, but not in a good way. It's frustrating rather than challenging.

Maybe they'll get it sorted by the time the full game is released. In my opinion, this is a step backward even from TRD3.

The graphics are nice though, a little heavy on the effects, but it's pretty to be sure. I understand it runs pretty well on older hardware too, which is nice and a big improvement from Dirt.

ed: It does have an in-cockpit cam. At least that's what it defaulted to for me. I think I selected "lock camera to driver" or something like that.

This comment was edited on May 9, 19:28.

4. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 19:19 Lorcin

Ohhh pretty!

I want to see an in cockpit cam - even though they're mainly no help in game. Apart from that looks great, and even better already on the Coming Soon page of metaboli

3. No subject May 9, 2008, 18:52 cronik

Pass!

2. Re: No subject May 9, 2008, 18:34 Jerykk

Wait, you actually play racing games using the third-person cam?

1. No subject May 9, 2008, 18:29 HoSpanky

I played this demo on the 360, and I'd assume the thing I have an issue with is in this one: the way the camera follows the car. I can't put my finger on WHY it bothers me so much, but it feels different from any other racing game in recent memory, and it's horrible.

If they fix that, the game is gorgeous, very well presented (check it out and you'll know what I mean before you even start a race), and has a solid framerate. it leans toward realism a bit more than arcade, but just barely.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo