Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard Online Store

The Blizzard Store is now offering digital distribution of some of Blizzard's titles, with plans to add more going forward. The site also offers the ability to register CD keys for certain titles to allow them to be downloaded. Finally, they are also accepting registrations for a beta lottery to give access to beta testing down the road. Thanks Shacknews.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Damnit May 7, 2008, 08:48 InBlack

My mistake U> Im not treading on your over-inflated ego on purpose, really Im not. I just keep forgeting how your name is written. It's an honest mistake, sorry about that.

Again my mistake on claiming Blizzard's games were PC only, I meant to say PC & MAC only, as in NOT FOR CONSOLES.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 16:14 manic half

yeah but digital download version of Sins of a Solar Empire is the collector's edition with extra stuff. Even though they're in PDF form and kind of sucky. Plus there's consolation in the fact that all of profit goes to the people who deserve it.

why dont they just ask for donations then? i love SoaSE and its one of my favourite purchases this year, but i bought it retail and they didnt give me an option of extra stuff!

also this thread has made me get rid of the dust on my diablo2 box and i think ill see if i still dig it.

19. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 15:26 Boston

yeah but digital download version of Sins of a Solar Empire is the collector's edition with extra stuff. Even though they're in PDF form and kind of sucky. Plus there's consolation in the fact that all of profit goes to the people who deserve it.

18. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 14:03 Tumbler

For 39.99? No thanks.

$24.95 @ half.com
$32.90 @ gogamer.com
$29.99 @ Best Buy
$15.00 @ Ebay
$29.99 @ Circuit City (Just show them the sale at BB)

I knew that sounded high. I only checked EB games.com which had it for 39.99 as well. Buying games online is always a shaddy deal. I don't understand why they (companies in general) don't want to be more competitive from their website. Seems like buying stuff online is basically paying a premium for convience atm.

Sins of a Solar Empire is 44.99 for digital download, and 49.99 for download plus retail box mailed to you. Or you could go to the store and buy it for 39.99...retail. FUCKING RETAIL IS CHEAPER.
This comment was edited on May 6, 14:06.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

17. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 13:39 Ecthelion

Or, you can get your ass off of your chair, go dig through some boxes, dust of your jewel cases and play it for free - since we all probably have it somewhere.
I picked up the first one for under $5 on clearance a few years back (some office supply store stopped carrying it, so they put their existing stock on clearance), then I picked up D2 and the expansion on a whim. Unfortunately, as a singleplayer only type of gamer, I found the second one much less fun than the first. Respawning enemies took away any sense of progress, and the first one didn't have enough there to warrant a sequel and expansion, in my opinion. I finished Diablo, but I don't think I even made it halfway through the second before giving up out of boredom. I've never managed to complete a Diablo clone (what are they called - click spamfests?) either.

But to each his own. I know I'm in the minority.

16. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 13:15 kibbled

You can buy the Diablo Battle Chest that contains the first diablo.

I don't think that's a digital download. The ones that are available to download are clearly marked, and the Diablo Battle Chest is not one of them.

As far as I can tell, only StarCraft & expansion, Warcraft 3 & expansion, and World of Warcraft are available to download.
(indented/italic)
Never mind my reading comprehension sucks.

15. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 13:10 xXBatmanXx

http://www.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000038

For 39.99? No thanks.

$24.95 @ half.com
$32.90 @ gogamer.com
$29.99 @ Best Buy
$15.00 @ Ebay
$29.99 @ Circuit City (Just show them the sale at BB)

Or, you can get your ass off of your chair, go dig through some boxes, dust of your jewel cases and play it for free - since we all probably have it somewhere.

"Hay, don't worry, I am not a nob-goblin, I prefer passed out chicks or MILFS with stretch marks..."
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

14. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 12:50 Ecthelion

I don't think that's a digital download. The ones that are available to download are clearly marked, and the Diablo Battle Chest is not one of them.

As far as I can tell, only StarCraft & expansion, Warcraft 3 & expansion, and World of Warcraft are available to download.

This comment was edited on May 6, 12:51.

13. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 12:39 >U

I expect U< to post his rant and whine pretty soon on here.
That's because you're an idiot who doesn't know how to read. I have no problem with digital distribution in general so long as it is completely OPTIONAL, i.e. it is not the only means by which to purchase a particular game AND the game when purchased on physical media or other means doesn't still require software infested with the same restrictive DRM and tracking to run it. Because Steam isn't optional in that it doesn't meet those two conditions is why I oppose it.

By the way regardless of the stupid ways you incorrectly write my forum name, I'm still greater than you.

This comment was edited on May 6, 12:40.

12. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 11:55 Armengar

my phone isnt far off those requirements. Its great having scummVM on my phone too, monkey island all the way

This comment was edited on May 6, 11:56.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

11. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 11:52 Tumbler

Diablo Battle Chest:

Check out these system requirements!

Operating System : Windows 95/98/2000/NT 4.0
Processor : Pentium 233 MHz or Higher
Video Card : 3D Graphics Accelerator
Disk Space : 1 GB HD
CD-ROM : 4X or Faster
RAM : 64 MB RAM

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

10. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 11:34 kibbled

http://www.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=110000038

This comment was edited on May 6, 11:35.

9. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 11:09 Optimaximal

As far as I know all of Blizzards' games are PC-only.
They've had hybrid clients/discs for years - why do you think they're one of the only mainstream developers still clinging onto OpenGL?

8. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 11:04 nin

Their discs have been hybrids for years...

------------------------------------------------
http://discipline.nin.com/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

7. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 10:41 InBlack

This comment was edited on May 6, 10:41.

6. Re: No subject May 6, 2008, 10:20 kanniballl

If i hadn't just bought all brand new copies of their games 2 months ago to install on the mac

Looks to me that the digital downloads are PC-only. Is this so?

I don't see myself getting another PC/Mac game until StarCraft 2 and/or the new RedAlert game that will (eventually) come out.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

5. No subject May 6, 2008, 10:12 xXBatmanXx

Good for them.

"Hay, don't worry, I am not a nob-goblin, I prefer passed out chicks or MILFS with stretch marks..."
BN 360 Scoreboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 10:11 Frijoles

"An error has occurred" while creating an account. Looks like nothing Blizzard related is immune to being flooded.

3. Re: Damnit May 6, 2008, 09:31 InBlack

Glad to see Blizzard jumping on the digital distribution bandwagon.

I expect U< to post his rant and whine pretty soon on here...

2. No subject May 6, 2008, 09:31 strich

Blizz has updated their online store. How very Web 2.0 of them. If i hadn't just bought all brand new copies of their games 2 months ago to install on the mac (stupid scratched discs), i'd jump at this.

----
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo