Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Previews

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Mafia II May 6, 2008, 07:46 Acleacius

Aero, I agree the music was amazing, I hope the same team works on M2.

Gothic 1999 or 2000, think they were the first to have all fully voiced dialog as well in a RPG and full time schedules their own huts to sleep, eat and sell in front of if they were vendors. Each had their own jobs guards, cooks, miners, field workers, trained with weapons and black smiths whom really made sword. Not only that you as the Player could learn skills like Blacksmithing to make you own weapons. You would heat, hammer then soak you blades.

Yeah console aiming sucks.

I think most people whom were able to beat the race used joysticks or wheels.

The cars were amazing, but the handling issues on the track plus forcing you to win, clearly the AI was rigged, the only way they went off the track was if you bumped them off. Their cars stuck like glue to the track while our cars was like jelly.

Yeah that first mission was tough, the big problem was they didn't offer difficulty levels, so they sold only to hardcore, it was completely unbalanced in certain way.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Mafia II May 6, 2008, 06:21 Doma

"The cars themselves have had a massive handling overhaul. Without getting any actual hands-on driving time myself, it's difficult to say whether they've nixed the authentic ricketiness of Mafia's fragile '30s motors in favour of a crowd-pleasing arcade approach, though what I've seen looks promising."

NOOO!
The realistic cars were one of the best things about Mafia.
Fuck arcade driving.

3. Re: Mafia II May 6, 2008, 02:26 Jerykk

I had some trouble with the race but it was far from impossible. Just stick to the outside of turns and slow down. Anyone familiar with racing sims probably didn't have any issues with it. However, those who treated it like NFS or something probably thought it was impossible.

As for the Mafia 2 preview, I found some disturbing info:

There are some things to worry over. The reticule system has an assisted-aiming feature designed for controllers, leading your shots towards enemies in a way that's unnatural - 2K would do well to let PC gamers turn it off. That isn't to say Mafia II will be a console-led title, as everything else at the presentation suggested heavily that the PC version will, yet again, be the definitive one.

Aiming assist? Looks like the 360 is the lead platform for this one.

This comment was edited on May 6, 02:32.

2. Re: Mafia II May 6, 2008, 01:42 Aero

I beat the race on my first try and never really heard about its infamous difficulty until later. I was using a wheel though which probably helped. I did have trouble with the very first car-chase escape mission though. It was rough being plopped right into a new game with relatively realistic vehicle controls and then be expected to escape from a faster car in an unfamiliar city, and at night no less.

The realism they were going for in the car's handling made them interesting to drive but, because they were such old cars, was also incredibly frustrating. There were cars that could barely make it up the incline of the bridge.

It had fantastic music as well. Django Reinhardt is phenomenal and it fit the game perfectly. The whole thing came together with a very nice aesthetic flavor.

Anyways, yeah I'm looking forward to Mafia 2. Which game six years ago had persistent city dwellers?

1. Mafia II May 5, 2008, 23:21 Acleacius

Daniel Vavra
prevented it becoming the most impossible-to-beat level in gaming history.
What an ass, selling people a game and intending to make the 3rd or 4th mission impossible to beat for majority of gamers. Knowing full well customers can't return their games once opened.

Steve Hogarty
Oblivion started it
Steve's not real sharp, only missed it by about 6 years.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo