Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. No subject Apr 29, 2008, 10:04 CrimsonPaw

Well, here's hoping I'll be able to go into Best Buy at lunch and grab a copy. I doubt I'll have trouble, but this is the one game that wouldn't surprise me if it happened.

I told the wife last night "save all your phone calls and TIVO watching until after the kids go to bed, because you're going to be single tonight. When the kids go to bed, I'm heading upstairs and won't be down until Friday."

As for cheats, I had to use them at the end of GTA:SA when the riot started; those cops were kicking my ASS so I used the cheat that kept the star level from increasing.

~~Crim~~
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2008, 09:16 kimbambaman

Normally that would be good advice for independent developers but clearly Take2 can afford to have a PC version and probably will just to annoy jthompson some more.

Heh, I just noticed there is a "Warm Coffee" achievement in the 360 version.

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

12. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2008, 08:20 Acleacius

True, as mentioned it really wasn't necessary for PC gamers to buy console versions even thought we don't own console gaming systems, as verybad suggested in his post. I gathered his intent was to try to help 2K & Take Two from the hostile take over but at least for me I couldn't do it in this case since 2K & Take Two shit on PC gamers. If you console owners are so worried and they treat you good buy the game twice that would do it.

ea just shits on everyone, employees, customers and all gamers, sort of your equal opportunity shitter.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2008, 07:29 InBlack

Normally that would be good advice for independent developers but clearly Take2 can afford to have a PC version and probably will just to annoy jthompson some more.
Secondly not sure how they are joined acutally but 2k & Take Two seem to some degree the same company and sort of shit on PC gamers in general. The most recent was Bioshock where there were several problems but an example of stupidity would be refusing develop Shader 2 Bioshock which would have taken At The Most, one programmer 2 weeks. According to valve 40% of their steam system uses Shader 2. So they lost up to 40% of their sales out of arrogance or some stupid deal with a video card maker to exclude Shader 2 for cash.

I don't think it really matters which as both choices speak poorly about them, if I am missing something I am sure someone will point it out.

They are still 100000000000000000 times more respected than EA will ever be

I have a nifty blue line!

10. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2008, 06:45 Acleacius

Buy the game even if you don't have a console it'll play on. Just to keep a good developer out of EA's filthy clutches!
Secondly not sure how they are joined acutally but 2k & Take Two seem to some degree the same company and sort of shit on PC gamers in general. The most recent was Bioshock where there were several problems but an example of stupidity would be refusing develop Shader 2 Bioshock which would have taken At The Most, one programmer 2 weeks. According to valve 40% of their steam system uses Shader 2. So they lost up to 40% of their sales out of arrogance or some stupid deal with a video card maker to exclude Shader 2 for cash.

I don't think it really matters which as both choices speak poorly about them, if I am missing something I am sure someone will point it out.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

9. Re: Portal was offered to XBLA, but rej Apr 29, 2008, 06:28 DG

I dont think the size limit is due to bandwidth, at least not MS's bandwidth. I think they decided it's the best way to fairly enforce small games only and keep it as an "Arcade". Keeps it focused for market, avoids annoying retailers and lets devs know in advance what to aim for. They also have to consider the original hard drive being just 20gb.

8. Portal was offered to XBLA, but rejecte Apr 29, 2008, 01:04 D4rkKnight

So the size limit is for bandwidth concerns...wait a minute, don't you pay a monthly fee for Xbox live? I don't have an xbox or a live account, but that seems pretty sad to me.

7. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2008, 22:48 Valcor

GTA series is a great series for cheats and probably the only game I use them for. When you just want to have some fun in the game world, change physics, experiment, see funny stuff etc., "cheats" are the way to go.

6. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2008, 22:46 verybad

Buy the game even if you don't have a console it'll play on. Just to keep a good developer out of EA's filthy clutches!

5. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2008, 22:33 The Half Elf

Well the one nice thing I enjoyed about playing the GTA series on the PC was due to one guys Ultimate Trainer. Added quite a bit of replay value to the game.

So Bats you have to work tomorrow right?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. No subject Apr 28, 2008, 21:16 Acleacius

The only reason they are predicting 9 million is, it's not currently possible to sell more than 1 copy a minute per sales person (brick & mortar), there is only so much bandwidth available in the world currently (online sales) and finally they were not able to physically make more copies given the current limitation of making 9 million copies cut and boxed to be released in one day in the world (limited physical manufacturing on the planet) .

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 21:18.

3. No subject Apr 28, 2008, 21:00 space captain

there was a cheat code in San Andreas that changed your character into a full-on leather gimp outfit, with a big purple dildo as a weapon - and changed all the pedestrians into various types of whores that would all try to get it on with you

that should give you more of an idea "why"

Go forth, and kill!

2. No subject Apr 28, 2008, 20:55 xXBatmanXx

GTA IV We have the cheats!

How sad....I don't see a reason for cheat codes in a game like this.

Join the BluesNews 360 Achievements Leaderboard:
http://www.mygamercard.net/clboard.php?id=GW57kfq7

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Portal on XBLA Apr 28, 2008, 20:53 the_culture

the platform holders aren't doing that right now. There's a size limit and all kinds of other things.

how they want to make the games available and how much bandwidth they want to [allow].

Microsoft increased the size limit for Xbox Live Arcade titles last March to 150MB

What a bunch of dummies...

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo