Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Safety Dance

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2008, 14:22 Yosemite Sam

Heh ya know I seem to remember 'the road runner show' getting flak becuase everybody was thinking kids were just going to start jumping off of cliffs becuase the coyote never died. I mean seriously people just got their heads up their asses and the news gravitates to these morons so thats what gets the headlines. Youth crime is no worse now then its been, well forever, its probably less now then it was a hundred years ago, you just here more about it becuase the population has increased, more people equals more crime. If anything at all is affecting the youth today its the fact that both parents have to work to make ends meet so the kids are being raised by strangers, you want to help kids make it easier for a parent to stay at home.

"That team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!" Homer Simpson

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. No subject Apr 26, 2008, 13:49 DangerDog

The realism of the game is greater, still cartoon/computer looking but the physics "euphoria technology" adds a greater amount of reality to the game, there’s gore effects which I don’t recall previous GTA games having.

It does depend on the person and the way you play the game, taking a knife and stabbing women in the park while they crawl on the ground screaming for help and begging for you to spare their life would surely be a bad thing for someone who’s already a brick short of a load, but what are you gonna do – these same deranged people are already getting off on movies like Hostel or SAW XXIV.

The language alone warrants playing the game with headphones on with kids around, let alone not letting them watch you play the game, or worse letting them play it too. Fat chance in that happening though as it’ll be played in the family living room with the surround sound system blaring "Fuck You’s" and blood curdling screams.

I’m not a proponent of censorship but parents do need to be fully educated to the point that this is not a game for kids.

5. No subject Apr 26, 2008, 10:26 xXBatmanXx

I think NWA said it best "FUCK DA POLICE"

Oh you should see him in this revelry tonight, he'll spread a pestilence across the land

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2008, 06:39 4D-Boxing

Prez..well said.

It's all about the parents...to many do not do their job! We all see it when we go to the malls, take the bus, subways etc...

3. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2008, 04:54 Prez

How can one get desensitized to violence from a game when they've already been bombarded by non-stop violence on the evening news for decades?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. No subject Apr 26, 2008, 04:22 DangerDog

I wouldn’t go so far as to call it a “training ground for crime” perhaps another step towards being desensitized to violence. It’s too bad that kids who shouldn’t have access to this kind of content will be playing it, I do think that adults/parents need to be aware that this game is not for kids and should be played away from eyes and ears of children and immature teens, much like you would a violent movie.

I sure wouldn’t want to be a teacher having to deal with the kids who are not only exposed to the content that exists today but are emulating it in the classroom and playgrounds.

1. Huey Newton said it best... Apr 26, 2008, 02:42 Cutter

So what do they blame crime on for the last several millenia before the advent of GTA and video games in general?

I'm pretty sure Huey Newton wasn't a gamer when he coined the phrase, "Off the Pigs!".

French Teacher: Don't forget Mr. Powers, later your have a brief oral exam.
Young Austin Powers: Well, I hope it's mostly oral and not too...brief, baby.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo