Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

It was on this day eleven years ago that PC Gamer revealed 3D Realms' plans for Duke Nukem Forever.

Anniversary Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Puzzle Cube.
Stories: Guillermo del Toro to direct `The Hobbit' movies.
Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan on Late Night.
For Airlines, Runways Are the Danger Zone. Thanks j.c.f.
Science!: Costly Lesson on How Not to Build a Navy Ship. Thanks j.c.f.
Media: Star Trek II Wrath of Khan - In 5 seconds.
Live Grenade Removed From Soldiers Leg.

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2008, 10:41 xXBatmanXx

Sit around all day, drinking coffe and messing around doing pretty much no work, on a game that pretty much doesn't exist....

That sounds like my job. Except the coffee. And the DNF.

Creston

Yup - same here, just no DNF.
It is amazing how bored you can get of the internets when it is the only thing you have to do all day....

Oh you should see him in this revelry tonight, he'll spread a pestilence across the land

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. Re: Movies? Apr 25, 2008, 23:17 Enahs

It is supposed to be The Hobbit as well as a collection of his other short stories about Middle Earth tied in as well.

How well it will work, who knows.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

39. Re: Movies? Apr 25, 2008, 21:27 Yosemite Sam

As in plural? How the hell can you make multiple movies about The Hobbit?

Ya I think they are milking it, its a 300 page book so it would, based on the LOTR movies come in at 3 hrs. They could do a 2 - 2.5 hr theater release and a 3 hr extended DVD. Two movies though, they will either be short or they are going to have to make shit up to fill the extra time, heh I supposed they could just do lots of 10min panorama shots.

"That team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!" Homer Simpson

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

38. Re: WTF guys and gals Apr 25, 2008, 20:45 Tigger

Spawn of Fredrickson?

Just don't say his name 3 times.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

37. Re: GTA4 Apr 25, 2008, 20:16 Jerykk

Is that really piracy, though? A store selling copies early is still selling legitimate copies.

Huh? I'm talking about the 20,000+ people downloading the game off torrents.

36. Re: DNF Apr 25, 2008, 20:03 Kxmode

At this rate we'll be ranting and raving about Duke Nukem forever. That's not a pun by the way.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

35. Re: GTA4 Apr 25, 2008, 19:56 Creston

I'm actually glad GTA4's rampant piracy is receiving so much media attention

Is that really piracy, though? A store selling copies early is still selling legitimate copies. This street date bullshit is just crap anyways. If a store has a copy, then fragging sell it. I went by the gamestop today to see if I could talk my way into an early sale, but sadly no. The manager was in and I think he has all his copies rammed up his sphincter.

Oh well. I guess I can wait three more days.

Creston

34. Re: No subject Apr 25, 2008, 19:53 Creston

Those who played the PC version....does it look better on the PC?

I got it for free with my then fairly top of the line 7900GT, and it looked really, really good. But that was, ofcourse, two years or so ago? Most of the levels were a bit blocky, I felt, but it was still pretty good eye candy.

Creston

33. Re: WTF guys and gals Apr 25, 2008, 19:49 Creston

Since when did Blues become a stomping ground for a-holes? I see some of the posts and comments about other posters and I'm completely baffled at the lack of respect for one another.

You must be new here. Hi! Welcome to Bluesnews!

Creston

32. Re: No subject Apr 25, 2008, 19:47 Creston

Sit around all day, drinking coffe and messing around doing pretty much no work, on a game that pretty much doesn't exist....

That sounds like my job. Except the coffee. And the DNF.

Creston

31. Movies? Apr 25, 2008, 19:47 Creston

As in plural? How the hell can you make multiple movies about The Hobbit? Here's the story :

- Bilbo Baggins gets recruited by Gandalf the Wizard to go on an adventure.
- Bilbo meets the Dwarves.
- Bilbo and the Dwarves get ganked by some trolls, who are killed by sunlight.
- Bilbo and the Dwarves get attacked by Orcs. Bilbo flees into the mountains.
- Bilbo finds the ring, and fucks around with Gollum.
- Bilbo magically meets up with the Dwarves again, and they're ganked by spiders.
- Bilbo and the Dwarves reach whatever the town is called, and Bilbo sneaks into the Dragon's Lair.
- Bilbo talks to Smaug. Smaug gets pissed and attacks the town, and somehow gets killed.
- Bilbo and the Dwarves drink a lot of beer, and Bilbo goes home.

The end.

How the hell do you make more than one 100 minute movie about that?

Creston

(PS : I know I forgot that thing about the inn and the cellar and the barrels in there somewhere. I couldn't remember when that happened.)

30. Re: GTA4 Apr 25, 2008, 19:35 Jerykk

How does MS not smack these guys on the peepees? I have to wait 3 fugging more sleeps while they enjoy? Grrr.

I'm actually glad GTA4's rampant piracy is receiving so much media attention. Now developers/publishers won't be able to claim piracy as an excuse when they abandon the PC like a bunch of whores.

29. Re: No subject Apr 25, 2008, 19:29 Jerykk

Those who played the PC version....does it look better on the PC?

Durr. Everything looks better on the PC. Also plays better with mouse and keyboard. Great game, btw. Best of the series.

28. Re: WTF guys and gals Apr 25, 2008, 18:28 FatalTourist

Spawn of Fredrickson?

Escape Pod Films

27. No subject Apr 25, 2008, 17:40 Prez

Uh... how about that DNF, huh? 11 years. Wow. Ya know?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

26. Re: GTA4 YouTube Apr 25, 2008, 17:31 Yosemite Sam

He said people were complaining about lag (screen jump, etc.) but he said it was the video quality capture technique

Ah K so its not the game lagging out, cool, that would drive me nuts.

"That team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!" Homer Simpson

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

25. Re: GTA4 YouTube Apr 25, 2008, 17:25 xXBatmanXx

Looks like lots of gameplay videos hitting YT and looks like T2 is clamping down and getting them killed ASAP, I found one thats still up though and I got to say 'holy fucking lag batman' not you bats I sure hope its just a bad video job and a representation of gameplay, though it would explain T2's clamp down effort.

The guy I linked to yesterday had his stream pulled, but it was perfect in the stream. He said people were complaining about lag (screen jump, etc.) but he said it was the video quality capture technique, and that it looked suprb.

I am looking forward to comparisons of the PS3 and 360. Not that I care a whole lot (360 ftw) but it will be interesting to see nonetheless.

Oh you should see him in this revelry tonight, he'll spread a pestilence across the land

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

24. GTA4 YouTube Apr 25, 2008, 17:23 Yosemite Sam

Looks like lots of gameplay videos hitting YT and looks like T2 is clamping down and getting them killed ASAP, I found one thats still up though and I got to say 'holy fucking lag batman' not you bats I sure hope its just a bad video job and not a representation of gameplay, though it would explain T2's clamp down effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdyiPwXAGkA&feature=related

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 17:24.

23. Re: GTA4 Apr 25, 2008, 17:13 xXBatmanXx

And Chinatown has always been a haven for lawlessness for those who know where to find things. Chinese buddy of mine just got himself a fully unlocked iPhone - which aren't even available in Canada - and he's using it on the Rogers network. I may ask him to snag me one of those.

Drop a line if you are taking orders.

22. Re: DNF Apr 25, 2008, 17:09 Cutter

The Green Bay Packers win the SuperBowl defeating the New England Patriots.

And that's how it should have went down this year too. Grr!

French Teacher: Don't forget Mr. Powers, later your have a brief oral exam.
Young Austin Powers: Well, I hope it's mostly oral and not too...brief, baby.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo