Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Lineage II: Hellbound Released

NCsoft announces the release of the Hellbound content expansion for Lineage II in conjunction with the imminent release of a Limited Collector’s Edition of the MMORPG sequel:

Thursday 24th April... Brighton, England/... NCsoft® Europe (http://eu.plaync.com/eu/) today announced the release of Hellbound™, the newest addition to the Lineage® II (http://www.discoverlineage2.com) franchise, in conjunction with its Limited Collector’s Edition retail package. Continuing the storyline and content in December’s popular expansion Kamael, Hellbound increases the game’s level capacity to 85, and adds significant quests and skills. Players finally get the chance to best the diabolical boss Beleth, fighting their way through multiple towers in the Steel Citadel. Enhancements to the pet system enable players to grow their wolf pet into a mount called a Fenrir. Additionally, this update adds more transformation options, where players earn the ability to temporarily transform into a powerful alter-ego with special skills that will aid them in their ventures into Hellbound.

The Lineage II Limited Collector’s Edition provides players with a whole host of exclusive extras. Featuring the most up to date game client, the Limited Edition includes three exclusive in-game items, discount tokens for server features, a stunning 148 page ‘The Art of Lineage II’ art book, the official soundtrack CD, two exclusive A2 posters and the official Lineage II world map. To complete the pack, each set also includes a highly detailed poly-resin Kamael character figurine.

Lineage II is known as the gaming market’s premier player-versus-player (PvP) online role-playing game, with a customer reach of more than 19 million players worldwide.

“The content in our Hellbound expansion really rounds out what we started in Kamael,” said Tim Tan, NCsoft’s North American producer of Lineage II. “The expansion was very popular with our players and we’re happy to follow up with more content, so soon after its launch. Players can really sink their teeth into the Hellbound area of the game, and the raised level cap gives them a fighting chance against Beleth!”

The Lineage II Limited Collector’s Edition will be available from major retailers at a recommended retail price of £54.99 / €79.99. The standard edition box of Lineage II is available at a recommended retail price of £14.99 / €19.99 and at the PlayNC® store (http://eu.plaync.com/eu/store/). Monthly subscription fee to the game is £8.99 / €12.99. The game is rated 12+ by PEGI (http://www.pegi.info).

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 21:16 silentsammy

Somewhere a Korean is happy.

LOL! that's funny cause its true.

I can't believe anyone pays money to play this piece o' crap game. Absolutely amazes me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 20:04 AnarKane

This the expansion where they were supposed to fix the controls to be something other than utter shit?

Oh, wait, this is NCSoft we're talking about...

"We can do this one of two ways. There's the hard way, which involves hours of discussion, tons of negotiation, half a dozen bribes, and no guarantee of success."
"What's the easy way?"
"Liberally placed high explosives."

8. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 19:46 z0dd

Overtime for Chinese farmers!

7. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 19:22 maldoror

Somewhere a Korean is happy.

6. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 17:02 Lorcin

I bought this back in decemeber - got around to installing it in January and was really surprised when I got a mail telling me my account had expired a month later.

Totally forgot I had the thing installed - I think I logged in twice.

Still I'm sure some people love it.

5. No subject Apr 24, 2008, 16:02 grudgebearer

How in the world did they find 19 million people to play this turd of a game?  

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

4. No subject Apr 24, 2008, 14:20 Slink

This game sure is Hellbound alright...

- - - - - -
WoW: Darsius (Earthen Ring) - CoH: Photon Prime (Freedom) - CoD4 and TF2: Slink(FSU)

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

3. Re: is this the expansion Apr 24, 2008, 13:57 General Ego

it is

friend who still plays on and off tells me that most farmers have left his server and now crafting materials have become stupidly rare and expensive (even more than they were before, w/e, I played it for like 2 months in 2004 and never looked back)

|[ Jesus is coming. Look busy! ]|

2. Re: is this the expansion Apr 24, 2008, 13:41 Sepharo

hordes of asian bot farmers that roam the servers

isn't that the game?

1. is this the expansion Apr 24, 2008, 13:29 Grounded

that gets rid of the hordes of asian bot farmers that roam the servers?

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo