Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Disk Space Issue

The Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Forums are filled with stories of users who have discovered that if (when) the PC edition of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 suffers a crash, the resulting memory dump will take up upwards of 800 MB of disk space, in some cases these log files surpass the 1 GB threshold (thanks Ant and Kotaku). A response from Ubisoft reads: "I'll try and find this out. Apologies for any frustration this approach to crash logging causes. I'll make sure the developers are aware of everyone's reaction to it here and let you all know if I hear anything back about the matter." Meantime, no solution is available other than to be vigilant in deleting these files before they take up too much space.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 11:30 Bet

For the record my game only crashed once during coop over 5 nights of playing and that was while tabbing out and back several times to setup a TeamSpeak server. Game was ok in coop as an action game but compared to the old tactical games it ranks at the very bottom.

Yeah, crashed once for me too in the last week, also due to alt-tabbing. So I got rid of the 830 meg crash file after seeing this entry on Blues.

Definitely still prefer Raven Shield of the modern games with 'Rainbow Six' attached to them. Nothing beats Rogue Spear though.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2008, 09:53 nin

So how does respawn work on t-hunt maps? Cause I can't seem to find the option...

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------
http://discipline.nin.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

35. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 21:44 Starang

#13 Yes I was sarcastic. It was just my attempt at being funny and from some of the other comments here I guess that was not that obvious.

For the record my game only crashed once during coop over 5 nights of playing and that was while tabbing out and back several times to setup a TeamSpeak server. Game was ok in coop as an action game but compared to the old tactical games it ranks at the very bottom.

34. No subject Apr 23, 2008, 19:18 Bone43

Judging by the comments this sounds like a POS that should have been a expansion pack? I'm just glad I passed this up at Fry's the other day.

33. No subject Apr 23, 2008, 18:39 4D-Boxing

IF somebody wants to quit PC gaming cause crappy company released a crappy port go ahead...if someone wants to quit because deleting some files of their HD is to much work go ahead & quit..

I think the PC gaming community will be better off without these kinds of people. It's been talked about to death in BluesNews Forums...avoid UBI & EA ports like the plague! If there is one you really want check the reviews & be ready to assume the consequences...

UBI's track record since raven shield says it all...so if you got burned by UBI & you post coments in here...ah baby..I wont even go there....

32. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 18:10 Ventura

It's exactly how Vegas 1 worked, and that was never changed

There's a part of me that actually thinks its worse. All the time I spent playing Terrorist Hunt in the original, and I never actually saw one pop right in front of me. I've had it in Vegas 2 already at least half a dozen times, and I've only had the game about a week.

The sad thing is, if they had all the terrorists pop on startup, I'd imagine coding the range check to ensure that only those in the vicinity are alerted to your presence would be rather easy.

31. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 17:30 manic half

Why do you guys think they are going change Terrorist Hunt's spawn problem? This is the same way it was in Vegas 1. Why would they patch it now?

i think its more kind of empty hope we have that they will fix it.

30. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 17:10 Teddy

They really need to fix it in a patch... soon.

I wouldn't expect a 'fix' for that. It's exactly how Vegas 1 worked, and that was never changed. Doubt they'll change it here either. We all complained about it back then too.

29. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 17:09 Donkey_Punch

Why do you guys think they are going change Terrorist Hunt's spawn problem? This is the same way it was in Vegas 1. Why would they patch it now?

28. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 16:58 Wowbagger_TIP

whats that terrorist hunt level, murder block or building or something. you start off in a house under construction and you can throw a grenade around the corner and nothing then walk over the invisible line and 4 guys appear and you have to run or shoot very fast.
I think it's Murder Town or something like that. I was just playing that one yesterday. There are at least a few very noticeable spawns in that one. But then most of them are like that really. They did a pretty half-assed job on that game mode. I guess they did it because if they didn't, they'd have to rewrite some of the AI to prevent every tango on the map from coming right at you as soon as you fire a shot or toss a nade or something. It's basically just a rush-job. They really need to fix it in a patch... soon.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 16:59.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

27. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 16:30 manic half

That's my problem too. You basically have to move forward enough to trigger the spawns, and then back off quickly to pick off the horde that will be coming. Especially in lone wolf mode. Even if you checked around a corner before going through another door, some guy just spawns out of nowhere there and wastes you a few seconds later. It makes it so that you really can't approach the map in a reasonably realistic way. It's really not much fun.

!
whats that terrorist hunt level, murder block or building or something. you start off in a house under construction and you can throw a grenade around the corner and nothing then walk over the invisible line and 4 guys appear and you have to run or shoot very fast.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 16:31.

26. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 16:27 nin

I wonder if the console versions even crash at all.

Yes, mine has crashed a couple of times. It just freezes and you have to reboot the 360.

Patch today for the 360 version. Yeaaaa!

25. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 16:10 Prez

Although this is one of the more annoying bugs to come up in a while, I find a lot of the comments here to be over-reaction. How much does your game crash? I haven't had a game crash on me in months. Just be sure to clean out your folders every once in a while. Really, you should do this anyway. CCleaner is free and it'll will do it for you. How lazy do ya have to be? Sheesh!

And to parrot what others said in the AoC specs thread when it was announced the install would require 30 Gigs, HD space is cheap, so quit whining!!!;P

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

24. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 16:02 Wowbagger_TIP

biggest gripe is in the Terrorist Hunt mode where the enemy spawns “right” in front of you or at scripted intervals, would be so much better if they randomly were placed in the whole map and then had patrols and what not.
That's my problem too. You basically have to move forward enough to trigger the spawns, and then back off quickly to pick off the horde that will be coming. Especially in lone wolf mode. Even if you checked around a corner before going through another door, some guy just spawns out of nowhere there and wastes you a few seconds later. It makes it so that you really can't approach the map in a reasonably realistic way. It's really not much fun.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

23. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 15:45 Veinman

I wonder if the console versions even crash at all.

Yes, mine has crashed a couple of times. It just freezes and you have to reboot the 360. I can confirm that it doesn't take any HD space when it does this though.

And regarding the terrorist hunt spawns, yes they can suck. I certainly hope that issue is fixed but I'm not holding my breath. Even with the spawning issues, t-hunt is still pretty damn fun.

22. No subject Apr 23, 2008, 14:47 DangerDog

While lacking strategic details of the early Rainbow Six games this one isn’t too bad for a “consoleized shooter”, biggest gripe is in the Terrorist Hunt mode where the enemy spawns “right” in front of you or at scripted intervals, would be so much better if they randomly were placed in the whole map and then had patrols and what not.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 14:48.

21. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 14:44 BurntSoul

Nin,

That's right, you are bolstering my point! I kind of put that thought in with the point about the productivity software. Ever try the Wii's Opera browser? It's okay to a point and there's no end in sight that it'll be upgraded. Can't use the latest flash version - they are stuck in time. You CAN use a keyboard and the Opera browser on the Wii (you have to buy the browser first, then download it), but you can't use Firefox or Safari or IE if you even wanted to. Why? It's a console! Nintendo's way or the freakin' highway! Only way to do it is hope and pray 5 years from now that Wii 2/3 will have a newer browser (if it doesn't get cut from development). Consoles are completely ridiculous like that. Good for them they have a ton of sheep to sell to.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 14:48.

20. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 14:40 PHJF

Every Witcher save file is 20 megs, and the game saves every ~5-15 minutes, and it doesnt remove any old saves.

150 saves... 20 megs... all in My Documents

Steam + PSN: PHJF

19. No subject Apr 23, 2008, 14:31 Donkey_Punch

UBI now makes such shitty PC games I didn't even bother pirating it!

18. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 14:30 nin

What I'm trying to say is I want a console to do all of this for me to give up PC Gaming and move to a console. If the console can't do it, I'm not moving.

Ah. The thing is, even if a console did do all those features, you'd be limited to whatever mail client/browser/chat program whoever the made the console felt you should use (IE the PSP has a cool web browser, but it's certainly not my first choice. ). The flexibility and choice that a PC offers would also be gone.

So I guess I'm bolstering your point.

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo