Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

APB Rights Revert

Gamasutra reports that Realtime Worlds has bought back the distribution rights to their upcoming MMORPG APB (All Points Bulletin) from Korean publisher Webzen (thanks Mike Martinez). They quote Realtime Worlds founder David Jones (Grand Theft Auto, The Monkees) on the significance of this: "Owning the distribution rights to APB marks a major milestone in Realtime Worlds’ evolution into a premier online entertainment company. By controlling the rights to APB we can ensure that gamers around the globe experience the revolutionary gameplay we envisioned when we first began creating the property. We are excited about the prospect of having direct, personal relationships with our players, which is a dream come true for many development studios."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. No subject Apr 22, 2008, 11:17 xXBatmanXx

heh - brought this game up the other day and got chastised for it. BONG!@ Here it is bitches, still alive and still a dream. The concept behind this is spectacular - hope they pull it off well.

Playing: GTAIII(PC),Two Worlds(PC), Dead Rising, Lego SW Saga.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. No subject Apr 22, 2008, 03:53 space captain

anyone ever seen that movie "Head"? that is some freaky deeky shit .. btw, goes great with lots of acid  
Go forth, and kill!

6. No subject Apr 22, 2008, 03:22 Acleacius

Is he really the same Davy Jones? If not does this KFA David Jones have a bio link so we can see the trail of kicked ass he has left behind?

Edit: I see some linkage at the bottom of this interview, now.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 03:24.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

5. No subject Apr 22, 2008, 01:24 loomy

just fyi guys, david jones is the fucking man

4. No subject Apr 22, 2008, 00:28 Steele Johnson

That's great news. It's probably the only mmo that I really care about at this point.

3. The Monkees Apr 21, 2008, 21:43 Acleacius

Rofl, damn I loved that show and I highly doubt it has pasted the test of time, unless you tend to view your TV time as Mescaline Time!

I can't decide if it's funnier if Blue is joking or serious.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. No subject Apr 21, 2008, 21:40 Veinman

Too bad I don't care about MMOs at all. We surely won't see Crackdown 2 for a very long time.

1. I hope this will be good Apr 21, 2008, 20:55 Bludd

Because, um, yeah.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo