Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: sigh Apr 22, 2008, 00:39 Kedyn

Epic's President Mike Capps isn't the world's biggest fan of the Nintendo Wii, we think it would be fair to say. Speaking at this year's New York Comic Con, the President of all things Unreal hammered home just how awful he thinks this whole motion-sensitive thing is.

Obviously he has never played the uninspired, derivative trash that his own company is cranking out these days. Bravo, Epic! Make ANOTHER Unreal Tournament, and fill it with the same junk you did the last two times! Who cares if no one buys it? You're still great as long as you're spewing your opinions on the internet! Maybe if you keep telling everyone how bad the things you don't like are, they might believe you!

Or maybe you'll just flood the internet with moronic opinions that no one gives two shits about while simultaneously releasing a series of games that becomes exponentially less inspired with each edition. Either way, you win!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: sigh Apr 21, 2008, 18:06 Stolk

In this case Epic is totally right though

That does it. Case settled.

13. Re: sigh Apr 21, 2008, 16:11 Jerykk

I don't think Nintendo ever cared about Epic.

12. Re: sigh Apr 21, 2008, 16:01 nin

Are these guys seriously trying to cut themselves off from any part of the industry that might've once cared about them?

Sounds like it - their egos are clearly larger than the building they work in...

------------------------------------------------
http://ghosts.nin.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: sigh Apr 21, 2008, 15:28 ExcessDan

In this case Epic is totally right though

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 15:28.

ExcessDan

10. Re: sigh Apr 21, 2008, 15:08 Yosemite Sam

Ok who took away Epics ritalin supply... and Wii games, excite truck and carnival are good non-inhouse titles too.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

PSN id PR345(PS3) PST Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

Looking for an active crew in GTA 5? I'm a Crew lieutenant for VCCM, adults only, 500+ members.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

9. sigh Apr 21, 2008, 14:41 The Magician

I really hate to make disparaging remarks about the company that makes the engine that I'm dev'ing for, but seriously - the people at Epic are acting like cocks. The "PC gaming is dead", trash talking Wii, devving Engine 4.0 primarily for consoles first, the sucktastic abortion that is UT3 .. Are these guys seriously trying to cut themselves off from any part of the industry that might've once cared about them?

8. Re: Epic: Apr 21, 2008, 14:39 jm0ris0n

Not me. I like spending large sums of money on things that I absolutely hate. Makes me feel alive.

Glad I'm not the only one!

7. Re: Epic: Apr 21, 2008, 14:01 Bet

I like paying more for things I like, too.

Not me. I like spending large sums of money on things that I absolutely hate. Makes me feel alive.

6. Re: Epic: Apr 21, 2008, 13:16 sponge

I'd rather pay $60 for a game I enjoy than $40 for a game I don't.

Thank you Captain Obvious? I like paying more for things I like, too.

5. Re: Epic: Apr 21, 2008, 12:57 Quark

I'd rather pay $60 for a game I enjoy than $40 for a game I don't.

4. Epic: "Wii is a virus." Apr 21, 2008, 12:21 Hyatus

You know, I do partly agree with him in that my Wii does not get used much. The rest of it makes him sound a little...ermm....prissy?

I have a feeling he'd only play a game that looked pretty.

I will say, though, that Nintendo makes great games for the Wii. The third-party support sucks. There are a few great exceptions(looking at you, Resident Evil 4 / DBZ:Budokai / RaymanRR). But on the whole most of the games suck at utilizing the controllers even adequately. There are a million things those remotes can do but it seems that developers can't get a handle on them. Until they do it will be a system that will get dusted off for a week now and again throughout the year.

I still can't believe people pay $60 for PS3 and XBox360 games.

3. Re: BusinessWeek Apr 21, 2008, 11:31 the_culture

However, of the three, only Microsoft was not cited for its game-related products

HHAHAHAAHAHA

You mean RROD doesn't count as innovative?!?!?!?

2. No subject Apr 21, 2008, 10:51 ibm

I have no idea why I am posting =)
This comment was edited on Apr 21, 10:56.

1. BusinessWeek Apr 21, 2008, 10:49 ibm

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo