Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Majesty 2 Announced

Paradox Interactive announces Majesty 2 The Fantasy Kingdom Sim, a fantasy RTS sequel in the works at 1C:Ino-Co for release early next year. Here are some screenshots and the announcement:

New York, USA (April 18, 2008) Globally renowned publisher Paradox Interactive, is proud to announce that, having acquired the license for the much loved Majesty brand, will be releasing a long hoped for sequel in 2009.

Majesty 2 The Fantasy Kingdom Sim will focus on reinventing many aspects of the original game, updating the franchise for the 21st Century. A key element that will permeate the game is the charm and humor of the original Majesty.

"This is by far the biggest release from Paradox to date and it is sure to become one of the most anticipated titles of 2009", said Fredrik Wester, Executive Vice President for Paradox Interactive. "Our aim is to release a fantastic game that not only encourages existing fans to renew their passion for the series, but also to reach out to the broader gaming community that has grown so much since the original was released", he continued.

"It's the height of any developers dream to work with such a cherished Triple A franchise with so many fans worldwide and such a unique position in the gaming industry", said Alexey Kozyrev, CEO 1C:Ino-Co. "As a team we have reached the level of skills and acknowledgement in the international arena to be worthy of such a task."

Majesty 2 The Fantasy Kindom Sim is scheduled for release during Q1 2009 for the PC platform. Confirmation of other platforms will be announced at a later stage.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Linux port Apr 21, 2008, 14:55 Zero_Dogg

Sounds very nice. Hopefully this will get a Linux port too, like the original Majesty which was ported by Linux Game Publishing ( http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com/ )

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Majesty 2 Apr 19, 2008, 16:47 rist3903

I am very much looking forward to this one.

This comment was edited on Apr 19, 16:48.

10. Majesty 2 Apr 19, 2008, 10:22 amygdala

Majesty was always a strange hybrid between a god-sim and an RTS. I loved the base game, and the expansion pack made it that much better.

When Cyberlore collapsed I was sorry to see the Majesty 2 plans go down with them. I hope that Paradox has some of the original team onboard.

9. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2008, 08:51 Chicken

Majesty was awesome for it's take on RTS... my only fear is they are going to make it another generic (direct control) RTS to try and increase it's appeal.

8. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2008, 19:45 Bet

The original Majesty was a great game - hope Paradox is up to making a sequel.

Yeah, I also hope they can pull it off, although the premise is so simple it would be hard for them to mess it up. Their other self-developed games never disappoint me.

Still got Majesty 1 installed. Load it up from time to time. Compared to playing 100+ hours of Company of Heroes every month, among other RTS games like Dawn of War, Majesty is just so...relaxing.

7. Re: Hopeful Apr 18, 2008, 19:34 Prez

Me, I think there's room for both styles. I have a blast with my regular SC:FA Lan sessions. But yeah, the Majesty style RTS is woefully rare.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

6. Re: Hopeful Apr 18, 2008, 19:27 Nate

Supreme Commander is click, click click taken to the extreme. It felt more like work than fun.

I'm really glad Majesty is coming back. This was such a fun and refreshing RTS.

5. Re: Awesome! Apr 18, 2008, 17:53 Prez

Wow - What a great surprise! Majesty was a refreshingly original RTS, and I can only hope that the sequel is as enjoyable. I was just thinking of loading the first one up for another go.  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

4. Awesome! Apr 18, 2008, 17:29 Than

I loved the first Majesty game. Can't wait for this.

3. No subject Apr 18, 2008, 16:56 Tomas

Awesome - I loved and still promote Majesty 1 to people. Such a fun and unique take on RTS. I hope they do as good a job as the guys at Cyberlore did. A lot of love went into the first one. =)

2. No subject Apr 18, 2008, 16:39 Bhruic

The original Majesty was a great game - hope Paradox is up to making a sequel.

1. Hopeful Apr 18, 2008, 16:25 Com

I remember when the original Majesty came out, my RTS playing friends and I felt like we're finally seeing where the genre is going to evolve, and how it was going to become less of a thinking and more of a thinking man's game.

Back then I wouldn't have believed that this direction would die and we'd be back to click click click CnC style gaming, with bloom.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo