Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Unofficial Diablo 3 Countdown

Diablo3.com and related site Blizzplanet are offering mysterious countdown timers that currently stand at 13 days and counting. It is important to note that neither site is owned or operated by Blizzard, but of course they do have some contacts there, so it seems reasonable to trust that this is somewhat significant. They're keeping things close to the vest for now, as the countdown is accompanied by this blurb: "The number of days until half the web links to Diablo3.com. But why???" Presumably we'll know the answer on May 1.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Diamonds Mar 15, 2009, 12:12 Durbee

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 23, 2009, 10:34.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Here we go again... Apr 26, 2008, 18:59 Medievaldragon

Hi, Dagok, I am owner of Blizzplanet. The Veiled Prophet was released on September 2007. So, May 1 is not about any books. The countdown has something to do with upcoming Diablo games "indirectly". The unofficial diablo3.com has something to share with fans on May 1. And that something will probably rise everyone's hopes. I can't guarantee a game will be announced this year, but it will be something meaningful to fans. On another note, the Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals ends on June 29. Diablo 2 was released on USA on June 29, 2000. Diablo 2 expansion Lord of Destruction was released on Europe on June 29, 2001. Coincidence?_site@

32. Re: Unofficial Diablo 3 Countdown Apr 19, 2008, 05:50 manic half

yeah i dunno why people are debating if there is a D3 or not.

there always has been and there always will be, they obviously want to get the timing right as to not step on the toes of starcraft or that other monster of theirs.

so already knowing it does exist, im more interested/excited to see what they have done with it.

going by starcraft II, you would have to assume it will be the same game just updated to todays standards.

31. Re: Unofficial Diablo 3 Countdown Apr 19, 2008, 00:40 Cutter

Diablo has always been a major IP, so Diablo 3 has always been an issue of when, not if they make. I'll come down on saying it's D3.

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!"
- Cal Naughton Jr.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

30. hmm... Apr 18, 2008, 23:41 Trashy

It's most likely a countdown for a book release, you know those things made from sheets of flattened tree pulp and letters marked on it.

29. Unofficial Diablo 3 Countdown Apr 18, 2008, 21:20 Kxmode

nuff said

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

28. Re: Please oh Please Apr 18, 2008, 20:35 ibm

Blizzard have worked on Diablo 3 in the past but it got shelved. Maybe they have been having another look at it.

27. Please oh Please Apr 18, 2008, 17:03 JohnnyRotten

Be D3. Please, please, please.

/fanboy off

26. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2008, 16:35 sponge

Higher resolution 2D graphics also means you can see a lot more than players at lower resolutions. I remember hacking the cfg file for RA2 and playing at 1600x1200.

Yea, that's what I meant but worded poorly. By seeing further, you could click further, and thus teleport a LOT faster and safely out of danger, since teleport didn't have a range.

I recently replayed through Red Alert & Yuri's Revenge at 1680x1050. It was quite badass at that resolution, and worked perfectly. I still prefer the pixel art of any early C&C game over the style of Generals and beyond.

25. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2008, 15:51 Jerykk

Resolution is hardcoded since it GREATLY changed the game, as (back then at least) higher resolution meant people with better computers could teleport further.

Higher resolution 2D graphics also means you can see a lot more than players at lower resolutions. I remember hacking the cfg file for RA2 and playing at 1600x1200.

24. hmmm Apr 18, 2008, 14:40 Lit_Reflex001

Sounds like an external developer to me.... Not good!

23. Re: Ladies and Gentlemen Apr 18, 2008, 14:19 shul

hey, me too!

22. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2008, 14:10 sponge

Has anyone ever released a mod for D2 to up the resolution and give it better textures? That stuff is rampant with Doom and Quake and the like.

Resolution is hardcoded since it GREATLY changed the game, as (back then at least) higher resolution meant people with better computers could teleport further. Not as much of a problem nowadays, except people with bigger monitors and higher resolution could still teleport further than someone playing at 1280x1024 or something.

There are apps that are hacks/cheats that will up the resolution, however I was not able to get any of them to work.

21. No subject Apr 18, 2008, 13:52 loomy

blue knows what is going on

he is the one

20. No subject Apr 18, 2008, 13:46 strich

Has anyone ever released a mod for D2 to up the resolution and give it better textures? That stuff is rampant with Doom and Quake and the like.

----
Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid. - John Wayne

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

19. Re: Here we go again... Apr 18, 2008, 12:14 Prez

Would be very cool if it were true. I am extreme;y skeptical 'til I hear something from Blizzard.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

18. Re: Here we go again... Apr 18, 2008, 12:11 Acleacius

Please, oh please make the texture 8 bit and max resolution 8 x 6, cause we just can't get enough of developer stupidity.
Maybe we'll get lucky and some people will ask;
Why, oh why use only 8 bit Great God Blizzard (just call him GGB for short)?
GGB: Same reason I said for D2 release, we didn't know anyone wanted better graphics!
Oh, really GGB why did you spend so much on better looking movies, then?
GGB: Shut up!
Ahh, thats pretty funny GGB, you have been watching gop taking points.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

17. Would be better... Apr 18, 2008, 12:08 Surf

If it was The Church of Scientology will be shaken in X days

16. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2008, 12:08 Acragas

If Blizzard was doing this, it would be on one of their official sites, not a fan site.

Settle down, folks.

15. No subject Apr 18, 2008, 11:54 Mr. Tact

Personally, I think it has something to do with the earthquakes we are having in the midwest today..!  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo