Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 3: Collectors Edition

There's a Fallout 3: Collectors Edition listing on Gamestop.com (thanks No Mutants Allowed) indicating an extra spiffy version of Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG sequel is in the works. The extras they list include a Vault Boy Bobblehead, a hardcover art book, and a Vault-Tech lunchbox.

View
50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

50. Re: No subject Apr 18, 2008, 14:27 Kxmode

Nuclear Watchdog, Fuck You

Wow. Fallout fanboys are dangerous!

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: Play Fallout People! Apr 17, 2008, 21:26 ibm

my "pointless" was me editing out my flaming of the troll. Seconds after I posted I remembered what arguing on the internet was

48. Re: Play Fallout People! Apr 17, 2008, 16:58 Masa

Or maybe I'm just getting old at 33 I thought everyone pretty much played Fallout...LOL!

I know 19-year-olds who have played it and enjoyed it. Considering the general lack of patience many kids have these days, seeing some who can actually play this game and enjoy it (let alone appreciate its overall value, artistically) is amazing.

Granted I have not played any of the Fallout games before, I understand how they fit into being PC Classics, and would love to have them all in one package.

Fallout's 1-2 were packaged together a number of years ago and sold for $10 at Walmart. As for Tactics...that's a mixed bag; it was worth playing through once, and really just for the story.

I'd love to see a DVD containing all three games, myself.

And they'd have to port those games to the 360 and PS3, which is basically impossible.

No, I don't know where you'd get that silly idea from. The PC CE edition of Quake IV contained Quake 2 as well as it's best expansion packs on the DVD. It's at the publisher's discretion how much they release and for what format (assuming there are no potential legal entanglements with Sony or Microsoft, given the veracity of online releases over Live and such, you never know).

pointless

Heh, welcome to a facet of consumerism.

But if like Jerryk says it's a weapon in the game then fair enough I guess, if it's meant to be display the dark humour that the original Fallout displayed then I guess I don't get it.

Yeah...that's more a Jerykk-esque trait you just encountered than anything you're not actually "getting", as far as humor goes. He's speaking in generalities (you'd think the guy would drop that trait after posting this long) again to merely have something to say than to actually make a point. The weapons in both games weren't that funny, they were highly detailed and utilitarian, but except for a few notable exceptions, the game's arsenal was NOT at the core of the series' dark humor.

I guess if a person's sense of humor was dull enough to think the weapons were *that* funny, then I'd wager a guess to say almost anything would set that person off into hilarious laughter.

I know about that the console maker (MS or sony) is taking a cut, but if piracy was such a huge problem for PC, at least the PC and console prices should be the same!

Which is a shame they're not the same price, honestly; the two being the same price in line with the usually-cheaper PC edition.

The FPS combat and simplified interface dont bother me as long as the humour and atmosphere is done right!

Even it was over-simplified (again, laughing in the face of Jerykk and other naysayers face - "simple" compared to what?), Bethesda stands a better chance at making the game as good as it should be than almost any other developer out there.

47. Vault-Tech lunchbox Apr 15, 2008, 16:41 Kxmode

Perfect for keeping your nuked food toasty warm!

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

46. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2008, 07:21 InBlack

Nuclear Watchdog, Fuck You

Fallout 3 might rock, or it might suck. Ive played Fallout 1 and 2, and Ive gotta say they are probably my favorite RPGs ever. Probably the BEST PRGs ever.
If this game gets the quirky humour right (read SLAVERs, infanticide and ghouls pretending to be egyptian mummies) its going to be a classic. The FPS combat and simplified interface dont bother me as long as the humour and atmosphere is done right!

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 08:08.

I have a nifty blue line!

45. No subject Apr 13, 2008, 14:32 Dev

Jerykk: Naw, it could be another PC exclusive thing

shinchan0s: You fail at reading sry.
The PC COLLECTORS is $10 more than REGULAR console edition.

Here's lets use a simpler example for you since you are having difficulty.
The PC REGULAR edition is $10 CHEAPER than console REGULAR edition! So what, is that a pirate DISCOUNT??
If piracy were really such a big problem with sales, console games should be CHEAPER, not MORE expensive than PC, because there's far less of it going on with consoles.
And yes, I know about that the console maker (MS or sony) is taking a cut, but if piracy was such a huge problem for PC, at least the PC and console prices should be the same! (both MS cut and the supposed "piracy tax" you mentioned being taken into account).

See for yourself, dont take my word for it:
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=0&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=fallout3
This comment was edited on Apr 13, 14:38.

44. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2008, 07:40 HellSlayer

=)get a life=} What, are you a professional lunch box maker?:) hahaha just kidding man:) hahahaha

If you would die tomorrow...what then? John 3:16
God gave man dominion--the pains you see are because of our decisions--not His!

o0

43. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2008, 20:38 ibm

I'm not disputing that having a themed lunchbox was cool when you were a kid, it's the appropriateness of giving away a lunchbox with Fallout 3.

But if like Jerryk says it's a weapon in the game then fair enough I guess, if it's meant to be display the dark humour that the original Fallout displayed then I guess I don't get it. Yes I was born before 1980 and yes I played and loved the first 2 Fallout games.

The lunchbox isn't even that good though, the design and composition of the picture could have been a lot better and Vault-Tec should of been pressed into the metal in relief, it's far to shiny and new looking and the lid isn't even hinged!

http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/02/61/26105_lunchbox_normal.jpg

http://img2.putfile.com/main/4/10117294173.jpg

I regret posting about it in the first place, but at least it made a change from an 'Oblivion with guns' or 'NMA are losers' type comment.

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 20:43.

42. No subject Apr 12, 2008, 17:49 Sepharo

Zephalepha is back?

41. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2008, 17:15 Fion

Lol trust me, in the 70's and early 80s EVERYONE used lunchboxs, and the cool kids had the best ones.

I know it sounds retarded now, but so do most fads. Like the pet rock. But like the pet rock, you weren't 'cool' if you didn't have a lunchbox lol.

40. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2008, 17:10 CJ_Parker

If you weren't born before 1980, you wouldn't I'm afraid. Having the sweetest lunchbox meant you were the coolest kid among all your severely retarded nerd friends in school.

There, I fixed that for ya .

39. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2008, 15:20 Nuclear Watchdog

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 13, 13:53.

================================================
"Whattadya wanna hear, that I'm your bitch? Fine. You came in
here, took it to me, and now I'm your bitch. Happy now?" - Creston

38. No subject Apr 12, 2008, 14:53 Nameless Again

I guess Nuclear Watchdog has nothing better to do than get up on the boards and use his mouth on all the other guys up here, till he gets his fill.

Negative attention is still attention though, isn't it?

Troll.

37. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2008, 14:37 Nuclear Watchdog

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 13, 13:53.

36. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2008, 11:29 Fion

really don't get the lunchbox thing, is this targeted at 10 year olds or even younger kids?

If you weren't born before 1980, you wouldn't I'm afraid. Having the sweetest lunchbox meant you were the coolest kid in school.

35. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2008, 11:18 shinchan0s

I like how PC CE costs $10 more then console regular edition lol. PC ftw!

Pirate tax?

34. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2008, 11:05 Nuclear Watchdog

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 13, 13:52.

33. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2008, 11:01 Nuclear Watchdog

Blue, just ban Nuclear Watchdog, please.

Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"
LOL! Yes, please do, that's a great idea. Because it's not like I don't have six other accounts on here. But if you must, please, ban away. I've got accounts on here older than the crust on your nasty underwear son.

Oh and by the way, "Chewbacca Defense" is really, really stupid. I bet you think you're a genius for coming up with that one, don't you? You're my hero buddy!

32. No subject Apr 12, 2008, 10:58 Elf Shot The Food

"Is this the bobblehead that makes this game NOT suck??"

You're a tool.

31. Re: Lunchbox? Apr 12, 2008, 10:42 Bone43

senseless

50 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.