Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People

Bust out your boxing gloves: Telltale Games announces Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, an episodic game series homestarring Strong Mad's big little brother that will launch this June. The game is touted as a Wiiware game, but plans for a PC edition are mentioned in an afterthought. Homestarrunner has a clip about this, and a promotional trailer is available on FileFront, and here's the announcement:

SAN RAFAEL, CA, April 10, 2008 – Interactive entertainment pioneer Telltale, Inc. is pleased to announce Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (SBCG4AP), a new series of episodic games for WiiWare™, in partnership with Videlectrix. Starring Strong Bad, the self-proclaimed coolest person ever, the series is based on Matt and Mike Chapman's online animated series, which has been running at Homestarrunner.com since 2000. SBCG4AP will launch on WiiWare this June.

As the very first episodic series for connected consoles, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People has been designed specifically for WiiWare, with easy-to-use controls and WiiConnect24™ features. Like Telltale's popular Sam & Max series, SBCG4AP will be released as a five-episode "season" akin to a season of television. The episodes will come out on a monthly schedule. Release dates and pricing details will be revealed in a future announcement.

"Homestarrunner.com is one of the biggest success stories in online entertainment," says Telltale CEO Dan Connors. "The Chapmans have been treating the Internet to episodic content for years. We're thrilled to have teamed up with them to take episodic gaming to the next level via Nintendo's innovative WiiWare delivery system."

Telltale is working closely with the Chapmans on the series' art style, storylines, and scripts. This hands-on collaboration will deliver long-time fans the ultimate Strong Bad experience and give new players a crash course in the series' offbeat and unusual humor. The episodes play like extended cartoons, during which the player assumes the role of Strong Bad—controlling his actions, hearing his innermost thoughts, and becoming part of his awesome world. SBCG4AP features the cast of characters and locations from the Homestarrunner.com cartoons, and the games are fully voice acted by Matt Chapman and the rest of the original cast.

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People is a story-driven series with a comic spin that's undeniably Strong Bad. The player uncovers each episode's comedic plot through character interaction, dialogue-based puzzles, and the use (and abuse) of inventory items. In addition, each episode will be crammed with time-wasters to keep players poking around in the world, including Strong Bad emails to check, prank phone calls to place, and mini-games styled after the arcade games on the Homestarrunner.com website.

"Telltale has been rejecting my ideas for green text adventures for years," laments thousandaire gadabout Strong Bad, "but we finally reached a compromise with this puffy 3D point-and-click-em-up adventure. They claim all the coding was done with green text, so I guess that's pretty cool."

In addition to WiiWare, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People will be available on PC. For more details about the series, including a brand new trailer, screenshots, and Strong Bad's development blog, please visit www.telltalegames.com.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. "adventure?" Apr 11, 2008, 19:45 Kxmode

I already check dozens of e-mails at work! Why would I want to play a game about checking e-mails?

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. No subject Apr 11, 2008, 19:17 Tanto Edge

I think it'd be great if he followed through on the adventure games. I love his adventure parodies.

I do not find the whole homestarrunner thing funny at all... except for the bubble dude who's always on his cellphone, I have friend that look like that, so That is funny to me.

The rest of it... *shrugs* put it on the shelf next to the rest of the self gratifying flash animations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

17. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2008, 16:11 xXBatmanXx

has fully realistic plane physics, has zero in game advertising...

I prefer peanut M&Ms....

Playing: Two Worlds(PC), Dead Rising, Rb6 Vegas 1, Lego SW Saga.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2008, 13:19 sponge

It wouldn't be Blues without someone bagging (almost) each and every game that's announced. Here's to hoping when the game arrives it gives us all something brand new, has fully realistic plane physics, has zero in game advertising...

Then you'll have people bitching that it's not as good as Sins of a Solar Empire, and trashing it based on that.

15. No subject Apr 11, 2008, 11:26 xXBatmanXx

eh, stick to toons.

Playing: Two Worlds(PC), Dead Rising, Rb6 Vegas 1, Lego SW Saga.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

14. No subject Apr 11, 2008, 07:37 space captain

trogdor was a man.. he was a dragon man.. or maybe he was just a dragon... but he was still TROGDOR!!!!  
Go forth, and kill!

13. Re: No subject Apr 11, 2008, 03:32 Reactor

It wouldn't be Blues without someone bagging (almost) each and every game that's announced. Here's to hoping when the game arrives it gives us all something brand new, has fully realistic plane physics, has zero in game advertising...

12. No subject Apr 11, 2008, 03:29 Hump

Hey Virge, how's things?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

11. No subject Apr 11, 2008, 03:26 sponge

Good ol BN comments don't disappoint with the negativity long before the game is released!

10. Re: Strong Bad Apr 11, 2008, 03:00 ViRGE

Yeah... the Trogdor thing came about about six years ago but I still see people quoting it online (I don't hang out with nerds IRL so never there). Go figure. Personally, I haven't been there in something like five years...
Ditto. It was funny, for its time. Now I'm not so sure it's as funny as it is annoying.

9. Re: Strong Bad Apr 11, 2008, 02:53 dubfanatic

Didn't Strongbad peak about four years ago?

Yeah... the Trogdor thing came about about six years ago but I still see people quoting it online (I don't hang out with nerds IRL so never there). Go figure. Personally, I haven't been there in something like five years...

8. Re: Strong Bad Apr 11, 2008, 02:12 The Half Elf

I'm still waiting for WoW Molten Core....

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Strong Bad Apr 11, 2008, 01:22 Jerykk

I'd rather have a Trogdor game with real-time parallax occluded peasant burninating.

6. Re: Strong Bad Apr 11, 2008, 00:54 Reactor

The end of the trailer is a good laugh.

5. Re: Strong Bad Apr 11, 2008, 00:00 Bet

Sam & Max peaked a long time before they brought out the new games, and a lot more people know the Strongbad characters, yet Sam & Max is going pretty good by all accounts.

Wondering if the non-game-playing people I've known to cite Strongbad will pick these up.

4. Re: Strong Bad Apr 10, 2008, 23:21 Elf Shot The Food

3. Strong Bad Apr 10, 2008, 23:05 Elricsi

Trogdor!

2. It's like it was meant to be.. Apr 10, 2008, 22:17 Dan =0)

I'm not kidding; I'm seriously not kidding.

Dan =0)

Shameless self-plug(s): http://drdk.bandcamp.com
http://www.myspace.com/dankupkamusic
http://drdkmusic.net76.net

1. No subject Apr 10, 2008, 22:16 Aero

Cool. I like Strongbad's cartoons, I don't know if I'd necessarily like to play a Strongbad game, but Telltale knows what's up with these episodic releases.

I still haven't gotten around to finishing the first Sam & Max season. It's certainly not old-school Lucasarts quality, but it's still very good.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo