Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA Getting More Unreal

Epic and EA Announce Extension of Unreal Engine 3 Agreement for Select Upcoming Titles announces an extension of EA's and Epic's licensing agreement for the Unreal Engine 3:

Under its initial Unreal Engine 3 license with Epic Games, EA has been utilizing Unreal Engine 3 on several important cross-platform games including: Medal of Honor Airborne™ and Army of Two™. Details of the additional games in development under the new license agreement are not being released at this time.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Important Apr 9, 2008, 22:59 CreamyBlood

Under its initial Unreal Engine 3 license with Epic Games, EA has been utilizing Unreal Engine 3 on several important cross-platform games including: Medal of Honor Airborne™ and Army of Two™.

I wonder how they define 'important'? Does it have anything to do with being fun or important to gamers? Is it a shareholder thing? Are these games 'important' to anyone?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. ... Apr 9, 2008, 20:23 theyarecomingforyou

As far as not running 99.5% of computers well maybe not on mommy's cow computer but it runs well on a decent box with average setting.
I was unhappy with performance on my C2D @3.2GHz with 8800GT o/c - not the best system but still ahead of the curve. The game isn't that attractive with medium settings, no-AA and running at 30fps... definitely ranks worse than TF2 / UT3 running with everything cranked at 90-150fps.

Talk about water effects? shit the CryEngine has some of the nicest water effects Ive yet seen
Again, useless if no-one can run it (certainly most PCs can't it well, nor can consoles).

LOL UE3 the best engine out there...LOL!!!
As far as I can tell that was directed at me and that was definitely not what I said. However, there are only a handful of main engines out there and this is how I rank them, factoring in performance: HL2/TF2, UE3, Crysis, D3/Prey/Q4/ETQW. Far Cry 2 is coming up and that looks to become a top contender as well, likely outdoing Crysis. Obviously CryEngine is the most technically impressive engine at top settings, far and away the best based on the tech video they demonstrated, but the performance is such that it's simply a joke.

Even better...LOL...what next Vista is the best OS ever made...
WTF are you talking about? Go smoke crack somewhere else.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

12. what's in the name? Apr 8, 2008, 18:48 Kxmode

unrEAl

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/
This comment was edited on Apr 8, 18:49.

11. Re: ... Apr 8, 2008, 18:43 4D-Boxing

LOL UE3 the best engine out there...LOL!!!

No need to comment on that one!

Perhaps when it doesn't run shit on 99.5% of computers?

Even better...LOL...what next Vista is the best OS ever made...GOt to love these interwebforums...long live free speach cause I need to laugh every now & then!

10. Re: ... Apr 8, 2008, 17:26 Bone43

Talk about water effects? shit the CryEngine has some of the nicest water effects Ive yet seen, HL2 is no comparison or for that matter UE3.

As far as not running 99.5% of computers well maybe not on mommy's cow computer but it runs well on a decent box with average setting.

9. ... Apr 8, 2008, 16:26 theyarecomingforyou

Wonder when EA is going to start using the CryEngine...
Perhaps when it doesn't run shit on 99.5% of computers? Or perhaps when it actually offers a better experience than UE3. So, maybe never.

UE3 SUCKS A$$..
It's not perfect but it's one of the best engines out there. The new features they've added recently, particularly fluids and shadows, are very impressive - the water finally puts HL2 to shame.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

8. No subject Apr 8, 2008, 14:22 DangerDog

Pretty sure EA doesn't get any cut on the Crytek engine when it's licensed, it was even in the news not too long ago that EA didn't sign on to release Crysis on any of the consoles and that Crytek was looking for a publisher.

Although reports have mentioned that Crytek now has their engine working on next-gen consoles, to what degree and how well it looks etc is anyone’s guess.

7. I use the POS Apr 8, 2008, 13:30 Wildone

UE3 SUCKS A$$..

6. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2008, 11:36 Optimaximal

Probably Never... they'll just sit on it and collect the occasional royaly payment from licensing, just like they did with Renderware and all their good licenses, like System Shock.

edit: AGAIN with Gears of War being branded as Epic's 'breakthrough' release... ARGH, it makes me so angry!

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 11:38.

5. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2008, 10:58 JayDeath

Anything EA these days = no sale for me.

Steam: Henry Krinkle

Why isn't there a remake of Westworld?

4. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2008, 10:43 the_culture

Engine license agreements used to be news many years ago.

I was thinking the same thing. I remember during the Unreal Engine 2 days, these types of announcements would be exciting because a publisher chose a powerful, solid engine (for those days).

Now, I cringe every time I hear this because I think, "Great; now five more games are all going to look the same... and all have that infuriating delayed texture loading issue."

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 10:43.

3. No subject Apr 8, 2008, 10:26 Veinman

Engine license agreements used to be news many years ago. I'm not sure why anyone would care these days. It's more news-worthy to NOT be licensing something.

2. Re: No subject Apr 8, 2008, 10:23 maldoror

Epic & EA. Gay marriage realized.

Keep churning out those shitty lifeless cross platform FPS's, someone is buying them right?

1. No subject Apr 8, 2008, 10:19 Rainier

"will power five upcoming EA titles: Medal of Honor: Airborne and Army of Two"

Those two titles are both out already, and it was a refering to the "initial Unreal Engine 3 license" agreement Epic/EA had, so those two shouldn't be counted as part of the "more than five upcoming titles."

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo