Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thief 4 Hint?

A news blurb from yesterday on the Eidos Montreal Website teases the fact that they are working on another project besides Deus Ex 3: "Eidos-Montréal is proud to announce the recruitment for our 2nd “AAA” project. … A hint! The title begins with the letter “ T ”… " (thanks Kaz). If we speculate that this will be for an existing franchise (otherwise it's not much of a hint), knowing that the TimeSplitters series has moved to EA and that Tomb Raider: Underworld is being developed by Crystal Dynamics, this leaves us with reason to hope this may indicate a return of the stealthy Thief series. We're just sayin'…

View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. Re: No subject Apr 10, 2008, 00:03 Lilricky

I think Shakespeare said it best, "Rage, rage against the dying of PC gaming..." or something like that. But seriously, there are alot of pc games out there that are better than whats out there for consoles. Also, PC games tend to innovate more than console titles.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2008, 11:09 Bone43

It's a console world now, lads. *Sigh*

Yes it certainly seems that way.

PC gaming = crappy ass ports.

38. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2008, 01:48 Cutter

I'd love a new Thief game - if they were going old school. But you know they won't. Basically you can kiss all the old good IP's goodbye that were originally made for the PC.

It's a console world now, lads. *Sigh*

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!"
- Cal Naughton Jr.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

37. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2008, 01:42 Jerykk

I only hope as with DX3 this team has the balls and the talent to make it solid game, not some trite piece of console crap.

DX3 has already been confirmed as a multiplatform title, which means the 360 is most likely the lead platform. There's a remote chance that the PC is the lead, as with Far Cry 2, but I wouldn't bet on it.

36. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2008, 01:25 Acleacius

Humm, I didn't remember T3 being the best maybe I better replay it. Do you guys mean after it had been modded with huge improvements in gameplay and graphics (JohnP iirc) among other fixes? I mean damn I remember it being pretty small and constantly loading, not as bad as DX2 of course, but still, of lest I forget the shiny MR. Plastic Man Garret.

I only hope as with DX3 this team has the balls and the talent to make it solid game, not some trite piece of console crap.

What worst thing could consoles design do to games? Well how about only having to press a button and the game does everything for you and maybe it could make a video of the mission you can post on the web to show your console friends. All the awesome moves the computer did for you while you were out stuffing your face at KFC. That give any console gamers a boner?

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

35. No subject Apr 5, 2008, 01:24 Tanto Edge

I liked Thief 3. It was a decent attempt by IonStorm (and Warren Specter) to recreate a classic title in a new approach, and I think they did a decent job.

True they veered on some aspects, but hey, why not evolve a little bit.
In the end, I'd be more than elated to see another Thief game with todays engines and design benchmarks. Given what we experienced with Assassin's Creed, and what we're to be expecting from Grand Theft Auto 4, I can say anything less than a perfect Thief game would be nigh but a simple traipse given what technology is available.

I'm excited for the new Deus Ex that this studio is bringing up.

Here's hoping the torch burns bright enough that we see a System Shock 3...

How come nobody is making it in UT3?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

34. No subject Apr 4, 2008, 23:01 Sepharo

I couldn't bring myself to play Thief 3 past the first level...
Same thing with Deus Ex 2... Both just glowed with something that wasn't right. Everything felt smoother, clunkier, and simplified. And this was before I was at all out war with consolization so I didn't go into the games expecting it. But those 2 pieces of garbage certainly put me on the path.

What's the next series to be ruined by it? Are there any left?

33. Re: Thief 4 Apr 4, 2008, 21:27 Jerykk

Thief 3 was designed around a third-person camera, which was the first (and only necessary) nail in the coffin. Immersion goes right out the door.

Really? I found the first-person perspective worked a lot better than the third-person one.

32. Re: Thief 4 Apr 4, 2008, 20:20 Overon

Thief 2 was best.

31. Re: Thief 4 Apr 4, 2008, 20:17 PHJF

Altair is anything but stealthy.

Thief 3 was designed around a third-person camera, which was the first (and only necessary) nail in the coffin. Immersion goes right out the door.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

30. Re: Thief 4 Apr 4, 2008, 20:11 Jerykk

Uhhhh, Thief and AC have nothing in common aside from the period them.

Both protagonists wear hoods. And are relatively stealthy.

29. Re: Thief 4 Apr 4, 2008, 18:57 Tony!!!

I also enjoyed Thief 3 the most out of the trilogy.  
-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

28. Re: Thief 4 Apr 4, 2008, 18:55 Tony!!!

Uhhhh, Thief and AC have nothing in common aside from the period them.  
-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

27. Thief 4 Apr 4, 2008, 18:25 Surf

Can't wait for the Console Cunts (tm) to scream "Oh, this is such a rip off of Assassin's Creed!" oblivious to the fact that Thief came out, oh, 10 years ago almost.

26. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 17:58 CJ_Parker

Wouldn't that just make it a Splinter Cell game?

Ummm... no. Splinter Cell is console crap of the highest order which a Thief sequel hopefully would NOT be (please!).

25. No subject Apr 4, 2008, 17:53 manic half

im willing to bet bioshock is the new 'standard' for these type of games. so if you thought bioshock was dumbed down or what not i probably wouldnt get your hopes up :p

24. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 17:01 MyRealName

Yeah, there are already hi-tech/modern clones to fill that need. Let Garrett (or the protege) stay where and when they should be.

23. No subject Apr 4, 2008, 16:55 Katsumoto

Controversial I know, but I thought Thief 3 was the best in the series.

etc.

22. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 16:49 Jerykk

Thief 3 wasn't nearly as bad as DX2. It wasn't as good as the first two games but it wasn't an abomination either.

I can only pray that Thief 4 won't be dumbed down or at least give you the option to remove n00b features like item glint.

21. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 16:42 PHJF

and the "consolization" war drums start beating, beating, beating in rhythm...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo