Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Zero Ballistics Open Beta

The Zero Ballistics Website announces the launch of open beta testing for Zero Ballistics, a multiplayer tank combat/first-person shooter in the works at QuantiCode. Here's the deal:

Zero Ballistics is a unique blend of first person shooter and tank combat, focusing on multiplayer gaming exclusively. To learn more about the details, read the Game section.

We are glad to announce that an open beta version of Zero Ballistics is now available. To download the free beta go to the Downloads section.

The open beta features:

• Two levels set in an alpine environment
        • Three different main weapons, and one secondary weapon
        • Three different skills Deathmatch and Team Deatchmatch modes
        • Best of all, it's absolutely FREE to play

Deathmatch and Team Deatchmatch modes are available and if your graphics card supports shader model 2.0, then there is no reason why you aren't already downloading the open beta of Zero Ballistics and start playing right now!

Have fun and come back to check for the first of many updates introducing new features.

Please feel free to leave comments in our Forum, good ideas are always welcome.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2008, 11:43 QuantiCode

Hi guys,

we have just released a new version of the Zero Ballistics beta! The new update features some bugfixes, tweaking and balancing issues and a completely new level!!!
It's free and it's fun so give it a try and download the game at:

http://www.zeroballistics.com

See you soon on the battlefield

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 11:44.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Pretty fun Apr 4, 2008, 17:07 Bludd

I think it's pretty frantic and fun if there are more than 4 people on the server.

I played on the official server and one dev told me they are just 6 people and only three of them are full-time.

I think that is pretty impressive.

Anyway, it just crashed to desktop while playing. I fired it up again but it crashed when I joined the server.

edit: got back in on second try and played some more.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 17:45.

9. Re: hi everyone Apr 4, 2008, 16:39 Overon

I like it when devs post in the forums. It humanizes them.

8. Re: hi everyone Apr 4, 2008, 15:18  Mike 

Hi Quanticode! I didn't say I didn't LIKE it, just that there wasn't much there (Besides you blowing me up repeatedly you bastard! <shakes fist>)

Looked pretty decent and the net code was solid. I would like to see a little more than was there, it seemed more of a network test than anything, simply due to the simplicity of it, is all.

7. Looks Neat Apr 4, 2008, 15:03 FLY

I shall give it a try! Looks awesome. We need more tank combat simulators. More simulators for that matter.

6. Re: hi everyone Apr 4, 2008, 14:37 maldoror

Will give it a try. =)

5. hi everyone Apr 4, 2008, 14:33 QuantiCode

i am bernhard from QuantiCode

1. we are sorry if you (Mike) didnt like our game. We thought that offering 3 different weapon types, 3 different skills and 2 levels was enough for a beta test.

i also dont know with how many people you played because if there was only one oponent i can understand your criticism a little bit better. its a multiplayer game designed for up to 10 players. the more players there are, the more you can see its full potential.

i would like to add that there IS a radar, but you can only see your oponents when they fire a shot (like in COD4 for instance.)

2. Zero ballistics is kind of a pun. please download the beta and see for yourself

ok, i hope this motivates some of you to download our beta despite it being a boring game

bye

bernhard

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 14:33.

4. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 13:10  Mike 

Meh. just played about 15 minutes. You drive around a valley with cannon and machinegun (And no Radar) blowing each other up. Buildings non-destructible. Kinda boring. they should have made it more robust before releasing the test. Nothing WRONG with it, just not much there.

3. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 12:40  Mike 

I have it installed now, will fire it up at lunch in 20 mins and report back.

2. Re: No subject Apr 4, 2008, 12:00 Blahman

why is it called "zero" ballistics? wouldn't you want at least some ballistics in a tank/FPS game?

1. No subject Apr 4, 2008, 11:54 Overon

I want someone to be the guinea pig for this. Play it can come back and tell us. And by "someone" I don't mean me.

That is all.

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo