Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky in August

GSC Game World announces August 29, 2008 as the worldwide ship date for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, the prequel to the irradiated first-person shooter S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. Here's the announcement, which includes the latest pimpage for game:

Basingstoke, England – 27th of march 2008 – GSC Game World, computer games developer, its publishing subdivision GSC World Publishing and Koch Media, a leading marketer of video games, today announced the planned release date for the title S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. According to the agreed plan, the game will ship August 29, 2008 worldwide. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky will be published by the games labels Deep Silver and GSC World Publishing.

“The topic of the release date for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky has created a lot of interest among gamers, press and fans. We’re pleased to announce an exact date for this highly anticipated game now,” said Craig McNicol, Managing Director of Koch Media.

“Our intention to deliver the game simultaneously worldwide is both a challenge and big responsibility to the many fans of the game around the globe. We are looking forward to achieve this ambitious goal in August.“ - said Sergiy Grygorovych, GSC World Publishing CEO.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky is a survival FPS game for PC based on a ‘what-if’ scenario of the second Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant accident. The game is created as a warning to mankind against mindless play with technologies. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky is the official prequel to the renowned S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game by the Ukraine-based GSC Game World studio. The game is set in 2011and brings forth the events to have preceded the third campaign of Strelok to the Zone center. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky introduces an alternative look onto the events of the original game and offers the player to try himself out as a mercenary s.t.a.l.k.e.r. in search of his own path in the world of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Official game site: www.stalker-game.com

View
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

41. Re: No subject Apr 2, 2008, 18:25 Tango

Edit: delete

This comment was edited on Apr 2, 18:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

40. No subject Mar 28, 2008, 08:42 Rhialto

I wonder why they give a very specific date, we all know they delayed the 1st one MANY times. I prefer quotong Sergiy in this news who says

- We are looking forward to achieve this ambitious goal in August.

About weapons if you had read everything about it before the release, there was interesting things said, like

- Real bullet ballistic. Realistic ballistics is calculated for all the ammo with such parameters as weight, speed, environment resistance taken into account. This will allow attaining greater uniqueness for each of the weapons. For example, the Russian Vintorez has its bullet lose speed with distance and fly along parabola.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 08:45.

39. Re: Don't Just Stand There... Mar 28, 2008, 01:37 Jerykk

Uh, it sure didn't feel like I was less accurate with the iron sights.

38. Re: Don't Just Stand There... Mar 28, 2008, 01:23 manic half

i remember reading on the STALKER forums at one point that apparently you lose accuracy while using the iron sights.

im not sure if it was a bug or intended (wtf?) but someone noticed it while going through modding files.

37. Re: Don't Just Stand There... Mar 27, 2008, 21:56 Prez

Yeah - FEAR was pretty damn good. At least I thought so. Amazingly frenetic firefights in that one. Prey was just the right length and had some neat innovations.

Stalker's weapons seem a little too inaccurate at times, but it seems like a design decision and not a bug or failure to model weapons correctly. The beginning weapons are crap, and the later weapons are awesome until they begin to break down, and then they start misfiring way too often and lose accuracy. So you never just find that "uber" weapon and stick with it throughout.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

36. Re: Don't Just Stand There... Mar 27, 2008, 21:51 Jerykk

I skipped FEAR, Prey, and several others to include Crysis.

You missed out on some good games.

35. Alas.. Mar 27, 2008, 21:39 Dreagon

...one of the last true shooters, that actually feels like a PC shooter. I'll be sure and pick this one up.  
------
Carpe Papilla

"@Dreagon - Comparing Oblivion to Deer Hunter was just ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself... it just made you look like a Class-A cunt." - theyarecomingforyou

34. No subject Mar 27, 2008, 21:08 Bone43

Q1 Bahaha Bahahahahahahahahahahaha, oh wait we meant August ya RIGHT!

33. Don't Just Stand There... Mar 27, 2008, 20:30 Golem

I wanted to shoot that guy so badly...

It's a great game no matter how I look at it. One of the best FPS no doubt. Some may not like it for one reason or another but it was refreshing to me.

I'm so sick of the regular crap I haven't bought many of the top sellers. I skipped FEAR, Prey, and several others to include Crysis. Though I will most likely pick up Crysis sooner or later...

I actually enjoyed the weapons and the difficulty of starting off with just a crap pistol. It was a great way of letting you level up without the traditional leveling up. But mid-way into the game with the better weapons it almost gets too easy.

I better check into that realism mod. I loved the first half dozen Rainbow games because I can never go back to a game which requires you shoot three rockets up an opponents ass to kill him.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 20:31.

32. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2008, 20:08 Jojo BoZley

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Perfect! That made me instantly crack up!

31. No subject Mar 27, 2008, 19:38 Hump

I love these games in principal - but in reality I just cannot get into them. Every single one of the elements are right - but at the same time some designer along the way forgot to inject it with my own brand of digital crack.

I can empathize. I used to be the same way with RPG's until Oblivion came along. I still can't get into hard-core RPG's though (I tried with all my might to get into Planescape but never finished it). I'm also that way with RTS games. I love the ideas, I try everytime a new one comes out that catches my eye but (Dawn of War was especially bitter for me as I loved the look), ultimately, something just doesn't click.

Luckily I'm a total shooter whore because I was able to thouroughly enjoy STALKER

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

30. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2008, 19:30 Tango

I thought it was great. I haven't enjoyed the environment in a game as much since HL2. It was flawed (and seriously so, in some cases) but it was as close as I care to get to RPGs.

29. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2008, 18:40 PHJF

Considering this was touted as such a non linear game, I couldn't bring myself to play through a second time. You rarely have the option to do anything in more than one way, and exploring the open-world design didn't yield anything but the odd worthless artifact.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

28. No subject Mar 27, 2008, 18:38 D4rkKnight

Just posting to say the weapons were unsatisfying, it was the very first thing I noticed, especially that crappy pistol they start you with. The firefights were never very fun for me because of that, needless to say I did not finish the game, stopped at like 6 hours in...about when I realized I had to fight hordes of enemies over and over again with these crappy gun fights.

27. No subject Mar 27, 2008, 17:05 jimnms

I actually just started playing STALKER again. I'm still using the unpatched version because I wanted to finish where I left off (I was about half way through when I stopped playing). I'm pretty close to the end now, and after I finish it, I'll patch it and replay it from the beginning after I upgrade my machine.

Overall I think the game is one of the best PC games to come out in a while, but yes, it does have its flaws.

I agree with the first guy, the weapons are kind of unsatisfying. I still get distracted by the "backwards" weapon models, but I can live with it. The weapon animation doesn't seem to match the actual firing of the weapon.

One feature/bug I've noticed is that you can put any gun in semi-auto and fire as fast as you can click the mouse button, and the gun always returns to the original aimpoint after the recoil and before the next shot. If you put it in full auto and fire single shots, the gun recoils and the aimpoint will not return to your original aim, but slightly above it.

I've fired quite a variety of guns, so I'm not just speaking out of my ass here. But IMO, the best any FPS has ever done to get the feel closest to firing an actual gun is Rainbow Six: Raven Shield.

Steam Profile

26. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2008, 17:03 Tumbler

This is one of thoose guilty failures of mine. I own the game. It's upstairs in a box along with X3 and various others which no matter how much I try and love them I just cannot get into them.

Same, only it's next to a box of BF2142. Bought them both on sale for $10 each at CC a few weeks back and can't seem to get into either of them. Stalker doesn't run well on my system either, most PC games i'm playing now run reasonably well but even after all the patches I guess it's still a bit too much for my hardware.

Oh and if you buy something at CC via there website and you go to pick it up and it's not ready, IE it's on the shelf still, they give you all the money back plus a couple bucks! So really I got the games for -$7! Pretty good deal overall! But I bought a 12 month Live card with it so it's not like the money ended up back in my account.

Maybe I'll upgrade to somehting new soon and give it another shot... Probably not though...

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 17:05.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

25. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2008, 17:01 Krovven

The early guns were inaccurate, as they should have been; added to the atmosphere. 1/2 through you get a pin-point assault rifle and it's sniper heaven, though.

Well maybe I never got far enough...unfortunately I lost my saves last time I formatted, as I thought they were in the Steam folder, but I guess they goto My Games. So I have to start over (for the 3rd time). First time I didn't lose my saves, but may as well have as they weren't compatible with the patch.

Anyways, the sniper rifle and assault rifle I had (both with sniper scopes) couldn't shoot straight for shit, in any stance. I was 6+ hours into the game and extremely tired of missing by 10 yards when the cursor was right over their heads.

I was holding off until Clear Sky came out this spring, but now that's not happening. So far they have given me little reason to want to continue playing...yet I still want to give it a full effort. Maybe I'll try it, yet again, once I'm done Bioshock. But with GTA4 and GT5 Prologue both in under a month...it's unlikely.

----------------------------------------------------
Burnout Paradise, Bioshock, Ratchet & Clank ToD

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

24. One of the last great PC games Mar 27, 2008, 16:40 Surf

Enjoy it folks, it will unfortunately be one of the last great, unique PC games out there. It took great chances, defied all odds, and was a stellar, though imperfect game.

Those that missed it really missed it. I thought it was a great base platform of which the company could greatly expand upon. I really look forward to this but its taking WAY too long, September? (Aug29 = sept 1st)

23. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2008, 16:35 manic half

I'm kinda proud of myself for playing bioshock last night for a few hours.

for some reason, even tho im well aware of the flaws of bioshock on pc, i can look right past them and totally lose myself in that game.

a city at the bottom of the ocean is a little too fascinating.

22. Loved this game Mar 27, 2008, 16:32 Pineapple Ferguson

Great, but flawed game. Too easy to get encumbered, too much trekking back and forth, and too may bugs that took too long to get fixed. Hopefully they will address these complaints in CS.

41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo