Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Graveyard Released, Demo

The Graveyard is now available, along with playable demos for the PC and Mac editions of this offbeat game described like this: "The Graveyard is a very short computer game designed by Auriea Harvey and MichaŽl Samyn. You play an old lady who visits a graveyard. You walk around, sit on a bench and listen to a song. It's more like an explorable painting than an actual game. An experiment with realtime poetry, with storytelling without words." The PC demo is mirrored on AtomicGamer, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and PixelRage, while the Mac edition is mirrored on AtomicGamer, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and PixelRage.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2008, 15:25 anyawow

I could have appreciated this if it was colorful. I saw no screenshots before installing and running the 'game'. Upon seeing it was black and white, I was extremely disappointed.
Too bad. Deleted.

The most colorful and relaxing thing I have seen on PC is this screensaver:
http://www.astrogemini.com/autumn-screensaver.html
This is a work of art.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Very nice. Mar 22, 2008, 11:40 axed

i dont know... going to an actual graveyard and watching old people struggle to stay alive is more entertaining.  
_____
mhmmm.

10. Very nice. Mar 22, 2008, 09:48 Blackhawk

Don't think of it as a game. Think of it as a piece of interactive art built with game technology. With that in mind, I thought it was fantastically done.

Maybe you just have to have been there.

9. No subject Mar 22, 2008, 09:23 Quboid

Suddenly endless WW2 shooters don't seem like such a bad thing if this is innovation, eh?!

Quboid

- Quboid

8. No subject Mar 22, 2008, 09:06 EMkaEL

Buying the full version of The Graveyard adds only one feature, the possibility of death. The full version of the game is exactly the same as the trial, except, every time you play she may die.

only $5.

7. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2008, 03:18 CJ_Parker

ummmmmmm..... kthxbutno  

6. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2008, 01:48 CreamyBlood

I walked to the bench and couldn't sit down. So I went to the gate and the demo ended. No song for me. I'm a miserable failure as far as grandmas go.

5. No subject Mar 21, 2008, 23:37 cronik

Interesting concept, I like the way this makes you aware of your own mortality.

4. No subject Mar 21, 2008, 22:24 Wilson

Independent game development is what's supposed to save the PC, not turn it into art. It's all well and good that people want to make games that mean something, but it'd be nice to have some games that are, you know, games, too.

I'm ready for another Cave Story or La-Mulana right about now.

3. No subject Mar 21, 2008, 20:42 cronik

Oh shit, I do the exact same thing in real life so I think I may enjoy this one!

2. Re: No subject Mar 21, 2008, 20:27 Elf Shot The Food

If nothing else, you have to give them credit for trying something a bit different.

1. No subject Mar 21, 2008, 20:15 Aero

Excuse me while I hang myself.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo