Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts Patch

The RelicNews Forums offer a change log for a new patch for Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts to update the real-time strategy game to version 2.300. Downloads of the English patch can be found on ActionTrip, AtomicGamer, FanGaming, Filefront, FileShack, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls; while patches for the various other translations of the game are available on AtomicGamer, FileFront, and The Patches Scrolls.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. No subject Mar 18, 2008, 16:37 Tim James

The newspost didn't mention that this is a pretty significant balance patch and they finally added arranged team automatch. They moved to new server equipment so stability should be better, but obviously it is going to be up and down today while they smooth things out.

The cynics may want to come back in a day or two when the dust settles. There are still a few absurd imbalances and overpowered units, but a lot of stuff has been tweaked.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 16:12 Yosemite Sam

That happens when the server is down, which should hopefully be a lot less often after this patch.

Wrong, if the server is down then yes it will ask for the disk so you can play, but even if the server is up it will still occasionally ask you to put the disk in.

EDIT It has happened twice to me, it wanted to check to see if I had the disk before I could log on. Had I known I would never have bought OF, I originally bought COH becuase of no copy protection, and now its the most pain in the ass DRM of any game I have.

EDIT and a quick search shows its in torrentland so the only people who have to jump through hoops to play are the people who paid for it, thanks THQ up yours too bitches.

EDIT and thats a sad thing becuase the game itself is a masterpiece.

EDIT well except for AI stupid need to bring vehicles into battle ass first.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 16:39.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

6. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 14:26 mexpak

Nope, still wants the DVD in the drive too every once in awile, cause ya never know, you may have become a pirate since the last time it checked.

That happens when the server is down, which should hopefully be a lot less often after this patch.

No, they aren't out to get you

5. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 13:45 Wade

Way to miss out on a really great gaming experience just because you're being a big brat.

4. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 13:26 Yosemite Sam

Er, all thats in place is a cd check and if you're registered with Relic Online you don't need the cd in the drive.

Nope, still wants the DVD in the drive too every once in awile, cause ya never know, you may have become a pirate since the last time it checked.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

3. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 13:21 RTSNut

Since he pirated his game, he can't use his CD, nor is he registered.

2. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2008, 12:47 Kamakazie

Er, all thats in place is a cd check and if you're registered with Relic Online you don't need the cd in the drive.

1. No subject Mar 18, 2008, 11:50 Paketep

Since it doesn't have any trace of copy protection removal, they can go f*** themselves.

My CoH is staying in 1.71, and my OF in the shelf, thank you.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo