Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Prey 2 Art

The Radar Group Website has a bit of Prey 2 Concept art on this project page (thanks Shacknews), the first media for the shooter sequel since it was first revealed as a gleam in 3D Realms' eye well over a year ago (story). The nature of this Radar dealie is unclear, as much of the site is "coming soon," including a blog section for Scott Miller, suggesting more of a 3D Realms connection than just Prey 2. Back to the game, the page lists Prey 2 simply as a PC/Xbox 360 first-person shooter with an unannounced developer, but it does offer a brief description as well:

The follow-up to 2006's action game of the year, you reprise your role as Tommy, the Cherokee warrior who saved Earth from alien invasion in Prey. This time, abandoned and framed for the disappearance of his family, Tommy escapes an Earth that no longer wants him for a future that cannot survive without him. Building on the mind-bending portal and gravity-defying gameplay of the original with several new innovative twists, Prey 2 promises to once again take players into a compelling science-fiction world with breathtaking visuals and adrenaline-pumping action gameplay.

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

38. evden eve nakliyat ankara May 17, 2008, 15:25 kardelen133

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 3, 20:46.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: ... Mar 17, 2008, 01:17 Jerykk

On the other hand, I wish Quake 4 had been longer, I'm sure many people would disagree but I kept wanting to see the next level, the new sights, etc. I'd buy an expansion if there was one.

Really? I found Prey a lot more enjoyable than Quake 4. While Prey had a relatively unique setting, weapons, enemies, etc, Q4 really felt like more of the same. Besides, Quake has always been about multiplayer. Q4 should have focused on that instead.

36. Re: ... Mar 16, 2008, 20:50 CreamyBlood

I don't get why people are saying that Prey was too short for them. I actually felt like it really dragged towards the end.

I agree with you there as I was happy that it ended when it did, I'd had enough and it was almost becoming a chore.

On the other hand, I wish Quake 4 had been longer, I'm sure many people would disagree but I kept wanting to see the next level, the new sights, etc. I'd buy an expansion if there was one.

Are there any games similar to Prey or Q4 that I missed? I'd buy another mindless shooter with interesting scenery if I knew what to get.

35. Blegh Mar 16, 2008, 16:40 Creston

The first six levels or so were awesome (Basically everything you saw in the demo.)

After that it got boring as fuck. And while on paper the idea of the spirit world and "gathering spirits to be reborn" or whatever, may have seemed like a good idea, in reality it just turned the game into a ridiculous grindfest. Playing it with Godmode on would have accomplished the same thing, and wouldn't have been so boring as the implementation in Prey.

So Prey 2? I think I'll skip.

Creston

34. Re: ... Mar 16, 2008, 13:08 Prez

I liked the Indian (native American) slant Prey had; it added some flavor. The portal system was pretty trippy. Prey was fun. Quake 4 was a throwback, and a pretty good one at that. I got it for $15 and it was well worth it for that price. Sin Episodes I never tried, mostly because I loathe episodic content. Wonder how the story ends? Well, keep wondering - no more Sin for you! Episodes suck.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

33. Re: ... Mar 16, 2008, 11:51 grahamslam

I would have taken SiN Episode 1 over all of those, at least until you got to those heavy chain gun guys, who completely blew the balance

I thought SiN episode 1 was really good, but I agree with the heavy chain gun guys kinda blew it at the end. They said there was a problem with the auto-adjustment of skill level that was fixed with the patch. I never got around to replaying it with the patch but I'm sure that issue was resolved. I'd love to replay that game again. And maybe it's just me but I love short and quick games for less money (aka episodic content). I don't like to feel like the game goes on and on and on, and if its that good from episode one, I'd definately get the episode two, etc. I'm sad they cancelled episode two, was greatly looking forward to it.

32. Re: ... Mar 16, 2008, 10:23 Beamer

Quake 4 was terrible, too. Some decent atmosphere setup at times, but the level design was poor and they forgot to add AI. I can't call a game "good" when on the hardest difficulty level enemies often just sat there staring at you as you shot them.

I would have taken SiN Episode 1 over all of those, at least until you got to those heavy chain gun guys, who completely blew the balance. It wasn't a very good game, but I definitely felt it was better than Quake 4, Prey and STALKER.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

31. Re: ... Mar 16, 2008, 09:27 CJ_Parker

I don't get why people are saying that Prey was too short for them. I actually felt like it really dragged towards the end. It was just getting totally repetitive and there was nothing new anymore. I definitely couldn't have taken much more of the same. I'd say it had just about the exact right length but then I got the game at a budget price of under $30 so maybe that's why I didn't feel betrayed by Prey's length.
I wouldn't want any sequel to be much longer unless it would offer something/anything genuinely new and different each level. But if it's anything like the 1st Prey then ~10 hours or even less than that is just fine.

30. ... Mar 16, 2008, 08:26 theyarecomingforyou

I also don't understand why people hold STALKER so highly - I was very unimpressed with it, despite the concept being very appealing.

Of course, I also liked Quake 4 for most of the same reasons. Sometimes you don't want to think to much and just have a good time blasting things to bits.
Exactly. It didn't try to change the world - it was just a solid action game. I enjoyed it even though I usually prefer shooters with more depth.

Ah well, Prey was a decent enough game... I picked it up dirt cheap online and then activated it through Steam. The gravity and ghost-walking aspects added a puzzle element somewhat similar to Portal, though with less emphasis. I really disliked the heavily cliched dialogue and the AI wasn't great but it was enjoyable and different to most other games.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

29. No subject Mar 16, 2008, 08:01 Hump

Of course, I also liked Quake 4 for most of the same reasons. Sometimes you don't want to think to much and just have a good time blasting things to bits.

exactly

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

28. Re: Prey On-line Mar 16, 2008, 06:05 Ihya

Decidedly average gameplay, but it tried to be a little bit different which is to be applauded.

27. Re: Prey On-line Mar 16, 2008, 04:52 CreamyBlood

Like most of the posters here, I liked Prey as well. A rather mindless shooter on rails with a bit of story, fun stuff to look at and shoot and some neat levels (the planetoids were cool).

26. Prey On-line Mar 16, 2008, 02:35 Zoomboy27

I was one of the few to play it on-line. Great set of weapons and you could go ghost and shoot people from the spirit world while your character was dead-like in a corner(took some planning). The occassional portal twist made it lots of fun. Above average on the on-line department - I just loved that on-line play.

25. Re: The page is gone Mar 16, 2008, 01:25 Jerykk

I liked STALKER though I agree that it had quite a few issues. Tons of backtracking, time limits on side-missions, generic and shallow side-missions, excessive respawn rates, no ability to repair weapons or armor, useless eating requirement, only two factions you can actually join, side-missions assigned to you without your consent...

In spite of all these issues, I still liked the game. The close-quarters combat was great and the AI was unpredictable. Still, I'm hoping that Clear Sky can resolve most of the issues of the original game and really make it shine.

24. Re: The page is gone Mar 16, 2008, 01:12 Beamer

stop being a pathetic petty bastard and play it through.

Wait, thinking guns should be accurate in a shooter is pathetic?

In fairness they get more accurate, but what was the point of having you be so awful to start? GRIND!

Game sucked. The plot was more predictable than any I can recall in recent years. The combat was dull. And you spent half the game just traveling from one area to another. There were some interesting concepts, but they did not come together.

I really do not get the love for this game. It took all the shittiness of MMORPGs and put them into a single player game? How is that fun? FedEx this. Run by a base and clear it. FedEx that. Run by the same base and see it full of more guys. I remember that stupid gate by the train station - there must have been a mound of a hundred bodies at it when I just stood there picking people off. Yet every time I had to go through there more guys were standing there, on top of dead bodies, waiting to die.

Innovative!

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

23. Re: The page is gone Mar 16, 2008, 00:52 manic half

onsidering my disappointment with buying STALKER off of Steam recently (the inaccurate firearms kill it for me

stop being a pathetic petty bastard and play it through. STALKER is fantastic.

anyone have a link to the art somewhere else? concept art is my favourite part of gaming due to my art background.

22. The page is gone Mar 15, 2008, 21:33 MrAsh

I tried loading both of the Radar Group websites and got a generic hosting service page stating they weren't up anymore.

Considering my disappointment with buying STALKER off of Steam recently (the inaccurate firearms kill it for me, and my Bully on 360 is having issues so I have to wait for a patch there) I went ahead and bought the first Prey on Steam since I never played past the demo. 20 bucks for a mindless shooter for a few hours works for me.

21. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 20:47 Prez

Will DNF make it out before Prey 3?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

20. No subject Mar 15, 2008, 19:58 Hump

The best part was the opening sequence; not surprisingly that was the area featured in the demo.

**SPOILER ALERT**

agreed. I also enjoyed the aftermath when they first wake up inside the ship and are being moved along the conveyor with thousands of others who were transported aboard. It made for a memorable emotional impact. Unfortunately the game never returned to that level of cinematic feel.

I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

19. PREY was awesome. Mar 15, 2008, 19:09 [THA] Hamst3r

I gotta play it again, it was a great game. Maybe once now and once again when this sequel comes out.  

- The Hamster Alliance
http://www.hamsteralliance.com/ (music)

http://twitter.com/hamst3r | http://www.facebook.com/hamsteralliance | http://www.youtube.com/hamsteralliance

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo