Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Why No PC Civilization Revolution

Take-Two: New ‘Civilization’ Will ‘Never’ Come To PC on MTV Multiplayer offers reasons from 2K Games why Civilization Revolution will not be coming to PCs. The article points out the game was actually prototyped on the PC, but it was designed as a console game and they would not want to cause confusion for PC gamers expecting this to be Civilization V. In a neat aside, the 2K producer quoted is Blue's News alumnus Jason Bergman.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 14:56 Yosemite Sam

I agree, it is sort of nice to see them taking stock of the different expectations. I'd rather not have another SimCity Societies-like disappointment.

EA gets 2K and thats just what we will probably get.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 09:15 Blackhawk

I can't see where any of the hardcore console crowd would ever even be interested in a real Civ game. WTF are they making? If it's not Civ call if fucking something else.

Um, they did? In fact, that was what the whole news item was about - how they're calling it something else because it isn't a classic Civ game. It is a spinoff.

11. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 08:11 Enahs

Loony is a fucking producer @ 2K?

When did this happen?

Congrats to him!

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,155195/

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

10. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 04:26 Dmitri_M

Yeah, the PC is brimming with excellent turn-based strategy, and it looks like it'll stay that way.

There are better TB titles than Civ that get much less press attention.

9. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 03:55 manic half

why do we need it anyway? we have civ4 and its great?

more to the point, we have sins of a solar empire!

8. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 03:48 Kobalt

Companies understands that you can release much lower quality software for a console and people will like it, and more importantly, buy it.

No one thinks you are cool because you are a elitist prick you know.

7. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 02:34 Sepharo

Wasn't Carcassonne a big hit on Live Arcade? I don't see why Civilization wouldn't be.

And besides what is "the hardcore console crowd" ?

Thought the whole point was that they are "casual" gamers.

6. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 01:46 Cutter

So is this Sid Meir's "Civilization" or not? I'm confused here. Because, you know, Civ has always and really only should be a PC game. I can't see where any of the hardcore console crowd would ever even be interested in a real Civ game. WTF are they making? If it's not Civ call if fucking something else.

'The media says I use fear as a tactic. That doesn't even make sense. How do you use fear as a breath-mint?'
- Terry McGurrin as George W. Bush

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: No subject Mar 15, 2008, 00:36 Coolone

Finally, a cross-platform dev with a brain! If they developed the game for consoles and released it on PC, it would have been suicide for the Civ series on PC

4. No subject Mar 15, 2008, 00:01 Aero

I agree, it is sort of nice to see them taking stock of the different expectations. I'd rather not have another SimCity Societies-like disappointment.

It's also terribly depressing though. Companies understands that you can release much lower quality software for a console and people will like it, and more importantly, buy it.

3. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2008, 22:46 nin

Loony is a fucking producer @ 2K?

When did this happen?

Congrats to him!

------------------------------------------------
http://ghosts.nin.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. No subject Mar 14, 2008, 21:44 Veinman

I'll bet this is a good game, but for the money, I'd get Civ IV definitely.

1. Good Mar 14, 2008, 21:15 Jerykk

It's nice to see that the developers recognize the different standards between PC and console gamers.

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo