Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

PC Rainbow Six Vegas 2 & Assassin's Creed Delays

This forum post reveals a new release date for the PC edition of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, which is now due on April 15, approximately a month after the games console releases. The Assassin's Creed Website likewise reports a delay, saying the PC edition of the stealthy action game is now expected on April 8, 2008. Thanks FiringSquad.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

7. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 20:10 Dalumberjack

still think R6 rogue spear was the best one they made and probably ever will

I never wanted to do this job in the first place! I... I wanted to be... A LUMBERJACK! Leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia! With my best girl by my side! The Larch! The Pine! The Giant Redwood tree! The Seq
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 19:53 PHJF

As for Vegas... if the Health system is still as pathetic as the last one, than I spit on it. Seriously, what crazy fuck created the hype around the crazy fuck health system that right about every tactic FPS features these days? It really ruins the tension.

works very well in CoD4 online... in fact, makes things more tense, screen flashing red and all while you hobble to safety. In hardcore I mean, it's a little ridiculous in softcore.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 19:12 DrEvil

It doesn't ruin anything for me, as it is still possible to die, and there is still the tension of trying to get to safety to recover if you run in to an area and get overwhelmed. I prefer it to keeping an old style health # on screen and having to collect health packs or whatever. That was/is the least fun aspect of any shooter I've ever played.

It's a player and developer friendly way to do health/damage etc. Few people give a fuck about realism. Developers can tune every encounter with the expectation the player will have 'full health' and not have to worry about frustrating players with progression halting issues from an 'old style' health system and/or having to sprinkle health packs everywhere, especially before big encounters.

To each their own. It's an improvement over a numeric health as far as I'm concerned.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 19:16.

4. No subject Mar 12, 2008, 19:03 Eldaron Imotholin

I didn't expect AC any earlier. Did anyone?

As for Vegas... if the Health system is still as pathetic as the last one, than I spit on it. Seriously, what crazy fuck created the hype around the crazy fuck health system that right about every tactic FPS features these days? It really ruins the tension.

"Shit! Shit!"
"What?"
"I just got hit by a bullet in my eye Šnd in my throat!"
"Dude... just sit back and chill for a sec."
*5 seconds later*
"Thanks for the advice! I feel like newborn baby already!"

I fucking hate it.

Pardon my French.

Cheers...

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

3. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 18:43 Coolone

Delayed until.....April? Thats not really that bad. If you want to see the real definition of delays, look at Valve and Blizzard. (it's always worth it with them though)

2. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 18:39 ochentay4

dont count on it.

1. No subject Mar 12, 2008, 18:17 Kedyn

At least with the extra time, Vegas 2 might not be as much of a piece of shit as Vegas was for PC.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 18:18.

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo