Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Rainbow Six Vegas 2 & Assassin's Creed Delays

This forum post reveals a new release date for the PC edition of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, which is now due on April 15, approximately a month after the games console releases. The Assassin's Creed Website likewise reports a delay, saying the PC edition of the stealthy action game is now expected on April 8, 2008. Thanks FiringSquad.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. saç ekimi merkezleri May 17, 2008, 15:32 kardelen133

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 3, 20:46.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. No subject Mar 13, 2008, 18:25 Eldaron Imotholin

Fellow PC gamers, I can tell you one thing: after the first mission in AC we'll realize that this game probably doesn't have much more to offer. Some who like the story will go own because of it, only to sigh in disappointment because they finished it in 2 days.

Simple, short and repetative. Assassin's Creed.

I played the game at a friend's for an hour, so the "simple" and "repetative" remarks are based on my own opinion.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

25. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 13:53 Wowbagger_TIP

I wounder if they will use Jade Raymond's boobs to sell Vegas 2 like they did AssAssin's Crud?
If I had her boobs, I'd use them too.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

24. No subject Mar 13, 2008, 11:52 Donkey_Punch

I wounder if they will use Jade Raymond's boobs to sell Vegas 2 like they did AssAssin's Crud?

I will pass on the horrible console ports to the PC thank you very much.

23. No subject Mar 13, 2008, 08:09 Veinman

Assassin's Creed has a lot more in common with Crackdown than Thief. I would describe it as Crackdown where you have to be nice, and are basically a pussy.

22. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 05:38 Prez

On a side note, I still think Assassins Creed looks like Thief on steroids!!!:)  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

21. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 04:50 Optimaximal

The only thing that made CoD4 more intense was knowing that 'hiding places' were anything but secure. You make a noise while you're waiting on your health and they empty a magazine into the wall to try and finish you off. And to the best of my knowledge, there was no health regeneration in Hardcore mode.
Oh, it's there. You just don't notice it because you die if someone as much as sneezes on you...

I fell off a wall the other day on a HC server and snapped my leg, but recovered eventually... Only to have a butterfly land on my hand and I died of a heart attack.

20. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 03:39 Jerykk

Yeah, we've seen it happen so many times we've lost count, but it still pisses us off when a great game franchise becomes unrecognizable.

So true. Though, I think I'm becoming desensitized to it. After I played DX2, I was on the verge of suicide. After playing R6:V, GRAW, CoD2 & 4, Oblivion, etc, I was just disappointed. At this point, if DX3 turns out to be worse than DX2, I probably won't even sigh.

19. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2008, 03:04 Wowbagger_TIP

i find it kind of amusing how personally insulted some of the hardcore old fanbase is. what game in this day and age has not been nerfed to shit because of halo or consolitis in general. why would R6 be immune.
Everyone hates to see a game they love get fucked over so that it can load off a disc and be played with four buttons and a thumb knobby by kids that had never even heard of the game before. Yeah, we've seen it happen so many times we've lost count, but it still pisses us off when a great game franchise becomes unrecognizable.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

18. No subject Mar 13, 2008, 01:14 manic half

RSV was the best multiplayer experience i had all year last year. maybe even best multiplayer experience ever (this was on xbox 360 however).

i played through the single player campaign and enjoyed it. i find it kind of amusing how personally insulted some of the hardcore old fanbase is. what game in this day and age has not been nerfed to shit because of halo or consolitis in general. why would R6 be immune.

17. Re: Again... Mar 12, 2008, 23:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Even if you judge it as a pure action game, it isn't impressive. Here's how it goes:

1) Walk into a room.
2) Terrorists pop out of closets.
3) Take cover.
4) Aim at enemy's head (while you are still behind cover) when he predictably and consistently pops it out.
5) Fire.
6) Rinse and repeat.

Even if that's not the whole story, he does have a point. There were a lot of areas that were like that. I hope that RSV2 will have better AI that will not be so predictable, will flank you better, and make better use of nades and FBs. Would be nice to see them provide cover fire for each other too.

This comment was edited on Mar 12, 23:44.

16. Re: Again... Mar 12, 2008, 23:18 Prez

Ahh, Jerryk the killjoy strikes again!  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

15. Re: Again... Mar 12, 2008, 23:11 the_culture

1) Walk into a room.
3) Take cover.
4) Aim at enemy's head (while you are still behind cover) when he predictably and consistently pops it out.
5) Fire.
6) Rinse and repeat.

Yeah, Gears of War was... Wait, you were describing Vegas... sorry about that.

14. Re: Again... Mar 12, 2008, 23:09 Jerykk

It is a great game in its own right.

Even if you judge it as a pure action game, it isn't impressive. Here's how it goes:

1) Walk into a room.
3) Take cover.
5) Fire.
6) Rinse and repeat.

Maybe it's just me but I'm pretty tired of heavily scripted, completely linear pseudorealistic military shooters. Now, if it's a heavily scripted, completely linear sci-fi arcadey shooter, that's not so bad because the enemy variety and actual combat tend to be much more engaging. Oh well. Hopefully Deus Ex 3 won't be as bad as DX2.

13. No subject Mar 12, 2008, 22:51 Veinman

Put yourself and a buddy in Wartown with Realistic damage and High terrorist population. That's 70 tangos. Now tell me you hate having regenerating health.

For having walked away from "realism" so much, the game can still be quite hard. And when you get really messed up, you pretty much can't see anything at all, it's much worse than just some red flashing.

But whatever, if you hate it, you hate it.

12. Re: Again... Mar 12, 2008, 22:30 the_culture

If you only like tactical shooters, accept that the property's owners have decided not to make Rainbow tactical shooters anymore. Mourn the loss of the leader in a genre that is almost dead. I know I do.

I've got to agree with that. I was definitely disappointed that Vegas was more action and less (no planning), but it was still a fun game. Those first few levels on the streets downtown with bullets flying all around and car windows being smashed, and total chaos.

Vegas does have its place in gaming; but I understand why some Rainbow fans hate it.

11. Again... Mar 12, 2008, 22:09 Blackhawk

The thing people keep missing is that they didn't make decisions that made R6 Vegas into a poor tactical shooter. They decided, rather, not to make it a tactical shooter at all. As a modern military action shooter, it is a blast. Saying it isn't realistic is like complaining that Freelancer wasn't a realistic depiction of space combat, or WoW doesn't capture the nuances of European martial arts. That wasn't what any of them were trying to do.

Now, if you like action shooters, grab a copy. It is a great game in its own right.

If you only like tactical shooters, accept that the property's owners have decided not to make Rainbow tactical shooters anymore. Mourn the loss of the leader in a genre that is almost dead. I know I do. I played and loved every Rainbow game from the original through Iron Wrath, the SWAT series, OpFlash, and the original Ghost Recon, every one of them several times (except Black Thorn - blech) and I was disappointed that Rainbow wasn't going to be a realistic series anymore.

Oh well. I'm mature enough that I can enjoy the action series as an action series instead of insisting that it is a bad game because it isn't like a different game released to a different market.

10. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 21:40 Jerykk

It's a player and developer friendly way to do health/damage etc. Few people give a fuck about realism.

Uh, isn't R6 supposed to be realistic? To force the player to plan their actions beforehand and proceed with caution? Last time I checked, you don't need tactics when you can just run through a level blasting terrorists left and right. In fact, you can't have tactics in R6: Vegas because the levels are completely scripted and there's no way to avoid being ambushed by terrorists popping out of random closets.

Calling R6: Vegas a tactical shooter is a joke. You might as well call Duke Nukem a tactical shooter. So yes, I give a fuck about realism, especially in a game that needs to be realistic.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the incredibly cheap cover system. Not only can you see enemies while you are perfectly safe behind cover but you can actually aim at them too. Amazing. You might as well just turn on God mode and autoaim.

9. Re: No subject Mar 12, 2008, 20:20 Teddy

It doesn't ruin anything for me, as it is still possible to die, and there is still the tension of trying to get to safety to recover if you run in to an area and get overwhelmed. I prefer it to keeping an old style health # on screen and having to collect health packs or whatever. That was/is the least fun aspect of any shooter I've ever played.

Ehh... Rainbow Six never had health packs or numeric health. You get shot, you're injured or you're dead.

As for it making things more intense... it absolutely does NOT make things more intense. That's a load of crap if you ask me. Intense was Rogue Spear or Raven Shield. You were shot, you're injured. Your aim is off now, your movement is down to a limp (and a noisy one at that, compared to standard walking), and you know there are several players from the opposing team still at full health trying to track you down. Trying to find a spot of relative safety to hide in with the hopes of catching one or two of them off-guard.

The idea that sitting down somewhere until you were full health again was a LONG way away from making things more intense. OH MY GOD, my screen flashed red!!! Nevermind, I'm healed again.

The only thing that made CoD4 more intense was knowing that 'hiding places' were anything but secure. You make a noise while you're waiting on your health and they empty a magazine into the wall to try and finish you off. And to the best of my knowledge, there was no health regeneration in Hardcore mode.
This comment was edited on Mar 12, 20:29.

8. No subject Mar 12, 2008, 20:14 xXBatmanXx

Delays are ok, I have too much to play as it is.....
I want to replay AC on PC when it comes out.

Liberty City: Not as racist as the Midwest.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo