Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: No subject Mar 8, 2008, 23:45 John

Maybe some day TB...  
This space is available for rent
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. No subject Mar 8, 2008, 15:01 TB

The PS3 video store isnt to far away so sony'll get one up on MS again.

7. Re: Steve Ballmer... Mar 8, 2008, 14:05 Tumbler

As in Sony saying something like "Sure, we can license Blu-Ray for the 360 to you, Microsoft... But it will cost you... $200 per device "

Or because its a standard, does everyone get the same license price? Can they refuse to license it to some people like they refuse to most Chinese manufacturers? (so they can maximize their profit from early adopters)

I've very interested in this as well, I'd like to see a Blu-Ray add on drive for the 360 as it would be a great value to have a drive that worked on PC and 360 just like the HD-DVD drive.

But honestly the Blu-Ray drive isn't worth much, the ability to play HD movies is over rated and charging too much for it will keep me on DVD or renting via Live.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

6. Re: Steve Ballmer... Mar 8, 2008, 13:56 Fang

Anyone know if Sony can stick it to Microsoft through Blu-Ray?

As in Sony saying something like "Sure, we can license Blu-Ray for the 360 to you, Microsoft... But it will cost you... $200 per device :)"

Or because its a standard, does everyone get the same license price? Can they refuse to license it to some people like they refuse to most Chinese manufacturers? (so they can maximize their profit from early adopters)

--------------
Find a Halo 3 Custom Game going on right now:
http://www.halo3customs.com/

5. No DLC annoucement today - Rock Band Mar 8, 2008, 12:18 LarryLaffer

It pisses me off there was no DLC announcement. I look forward to every friday getting off work and seeing what they are offering to decide whether I'm gonna pony up the few bucks to buy it.

I'm actually doing a little Rock Band later this evening. Great game, gotta have a surround sound system though. The louder the better.

Laffman.......

4. No subject Mar 8, 2008, 06:22 Optimaximal

hmmm, Dark Sector...

Stopped caring about that when Digital Extremes proved they couldn't design a game worth their salt after both Unreal 2 and Pariah failed to warrant any merit what so ever...

3. Steve Ballmer... Mar 8, 2008, 02:32 Toebot

"We'll Support Blu-Ray In Ways That Make Sense."

Let me guess. If I pony up for Vista Ultimate, I can rip and burn PS3 games, no questions asked?

2. Re: GTA4 LCPD trailer Mar 8, 2008, 01:44 Charlie_Six

That was a weeeird trailer. "I'm fighting terrorism, one old lady at a time!"  
Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

1. GTA4 LCPD trailer Mar 8, 2008, 00:28 Creston

That's awesome. Help Tourists... and illegal aliens in expensive helicopters! Be a hero!

Hehe.

Creston

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo