Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: No subject Mar 7, 2008, 04:17 Pedle Zelnip

The article comes up with the 2 year figure based upon the adoption of XP after Windows 98, but I think that's a flawed analogy as XP was a genuinely superior OS to Windows 98 in many ways (technologically, usability, performance, etc)

Vista OTOH, is simply not superior to XP by any metric IMHO. It certainly isn't faster, it doesn't allow me to do anything that isn't possible in XP, and the UI (while pretty) is more of a hindrance than a help.

PZ
------------
Reading: Nothing yet, planning on reading Isaac Asimov's "The Robots of Dawn" shortly

PZ
------------
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: No subject Mar 7, 2008, 03:07 cronik

Hell, I only switched to XP last year. The author of that article is crazy if they think XP has a practical lifespan of only 2-3 more years.

Gee, and I thought I was late making the switch when I finally moved to XP in '05 after I couldn't get San Andreas running proper under 98se.

2. Re: No subject Mar 7, 2008, 02:26 Prez

Just like what Blue said.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

1. No subject Mar 7, 2008, 01:55 Shadowcat

Hell, I only switched to XP last year. The author of that article is crazy if they think XP has a practical lifespan of only 2-3 more years.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo