Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis Issues & Workarounds

Crymod Modding Portal has a list of known issues and workarounds with the just-released version 1.2 patch for Crysis. A half-dozed potential issues have been identified, and there are workarounds for all but one of them. Thanks Ant.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. No subject Mar 7, 2008, 05:02 Loopy

I had to repair my install of Crysis through the Add/Remove Programs tool and relocate my edited CVAR folder (used to get some of the DX10 effects under DX9) before this worked. Prior to that, it kept wanting me to insert the DVD, which I already had. I'm glad this worked, because if it'd come to reinstalling the game I would've probably uninstalled and just forgotten about it. I don't have DT or any virtual drive software installed right now.

I installed the ForceWare 169.44 drivers released by nvidida today after the 1.2 patching was completed. All my config settings, such as controls and HUD color, were reset. Save games have loaded fine so far. Haven't tried multiplayer.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. One Thing That Helped Mar 6, 2008, 21:19 Parallax Abstraction

One thing that fixed this problem for my was removing NaturalMod which I know a lot of people are using. The mod has a really god installer and will undo all the changes it made automatically. When I removed it, the patch installed no problem and then I was able to just put it back in. That said, it's ridiculous that having mods installed will break the installation. Why they continue to insist in using the pain in the aass Windows Installer engine instead of just making a regular installer that just overwrites the files that need udpating is beyond me.

Parallax Abstraction
Ottawa, Canada

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

17. Re: Crysis and Daemon Tools Mar 6, 2008, 20:21 Bludd

Well, they are wrong. I have DT installed and if I have the real DVD in the real optical drive, it works flawlessly. I am not running YASU or anything.

16. Re: Crysis and Daemon Tools Mar 6, 2008, 20:00 Krovven

You don't have to close Daemon Tools, you just have to have the real DVD in your real optical drive.

From their own list of work arounds.

2. "Insert Disk: Crysis DVD" error

* Turn off virtual tools such as Daemon Tools
* Repair Crysis installation
* Re-Install Crysis

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in The Witcher, Burnout Paradise, Company of Heroes, Crysis

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

15. Re: Crysis and Daemon Tools Mar 6, 2008, 19:35 Wowbagger_TIP

Do you have to keep the DVD in the drive to play, or just to patch? If it's to play, then it would be easier to just wait for a cracked patch.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

14. Re: Crysis and Daemon Tools Mar 6, 2008, 19:28 Jerykk

Only if you are using a pirated version would this be an issue.

Only if you have the disc image mounted. If you install it off disc, you don't need Daemon Tools.

Even YASU doesn't work for hiding DT from Crysis anyway (not with the latest DT Lite that is)

DT Pro has IDE simulation which basically bypasses any copy-protection.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 19:46.

13. Re: Crysis and Daemon Tools Mar 6, 2008, 19:28 Bludd

You don't have to close Daemon Tools, you just have to have the real DVD in your real optical drive.

Even YASU doesn't work for hiding DT from Crysis anyway (not with the latest DT Lite that is)

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 19:28.

12. Re: Crysis and Daemon Tools Mar 6, 2008, 19:25 Krovven

What Bludd said.

Why would you bitch about it telling you to close Daemon Tools? Close it, install patch. Problem solved. Only if you are using a pirated version would this be an issue.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in The Witcher, Burnout Paradise, Company of Heroes, Crysis

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

11. Re: Crysis and Daemon Tools Mar 6, 2008, 19:12 Bludd

Yep, but
1) EA won't allow it
and
2) Crytek probably isn't very keen on removing it either. Maybe replacing it with something, sure

10. Re: Crysis and Daemon Tools Mar 6, 2008, 19:06 Jerykk

Wouldn't it make it easier for everyone if they just removed Securom and the CD-check?

9. Crysis and Daemon Tools Mar 6, 2008, 18:46 Bludd

If you have the DVD in your non-virtual optical drive, Crysis does not complain about Daemon Tools (or any other virtual drive) being installed. If you don't have the DVD loaded, it says you have to insert it and it still does not complain about Daemon Tools being installed.

If you, however, try to run the game with, say, a mini-image loaded in Daemon Tools so you don't have to have your DVD at the ready when you want to play, it does complain.
This comment was edited on Mar 6, 18:48.

8. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 18:46 Jerykk

* Turn off virtual tools such as Daemon Tools
* Repair Crysis installation
* Re-Install Crysis

What they fail to specify is whether you have to keep Daemon Tools turned off in order to play the updated game. If you do, that's a problem because the only reason why this conflict exists is because of Securom.

7. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 18:43 The Half Elf

Considering they DON'T blame people for having Daemon tools and offer a work around for it, but DO blame people who are having same game issues with cracked versions of the game I really don't see your point.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 18:30 Jerykk

Hmm, I wonder if Crytek updated the Securom with the patch and just forgot to mention it...

5. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 18:25 sponge

Nice to see the pro-Crytek committee blame the user for having perfectly legit third party apps like Daemon Tools, and not installing PunkBuster which is OPTIONAL in every other PB enabled game.

Sad day when people have to defend a company's shitty DRM. Nice try, indeed.

4. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 18:16 HardCore

None of you guys apparently could take the time to read the issues before taking your shot. FAIL.

They are all self caused problems from using cracks, daemon, removing punkbuster, people removing files, a bad copied/mirrored patch, or a third party windows installer problem.

Glad to see the anti-crytek committee come out to play though, nice try.

3. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 18:06 dubfanatic

I've been saying it since Far Cry... if Crytek put half the effort into testing and gameplay design as they do in making their games look pretty, their games might be worth playing.

2. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 17:53 Overon

I thought this patch was the long delayed hugely touted be all end all for crysis. Anyone test it properly? Nope.

1. No subject Mar 6, 2008, 17:49 g_mann

That doesn't surprise me that Crysis still has issues.

Tooo funny

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo