Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch

The Patches Scrolls, official home of the unofficial Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines patches, now offers a new version 4.9 update for the Source-engine action/RPG from deceased developer Troika Games. The patch is available as an incremental update for version 4.8 and as a full patch for the last "official" version of the game.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: xbb Jun 14, 2008, 07:31 the

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 9, 2009, 09:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. xbb May 31, 2008, 02:00 cxb

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 31, 16:59.

17. Re: Yawn... May 28, 2008, 04:23 andruha

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 19, 2008, 11:38.

16. Re: Yawn... Mar 7, 2008, 21:00 skyguy

Hey man,

I did a fresh install of vtmb, 1.2, and 4.9 on Vista. I got to the kill Boris mission, and saved right before I walked into his office. When I got into his office, he said something in Russian and my only option was to say "I do not have a valid reply." After that I could talk to him but it would just loop the "I do not have a valid reply" sequence. I then killed him, but then got locked in place before I exited the room. I couldn't move.

I reloaded the game a couple of times with the same result.

So I decided to turn console mode on, so I could use "noclip" to continue. However, with console mode on, everything worked fine. I didn't get the "I do not have a valid reply" message, I was able to converse with Boris just fine, and exit the level as normal.

This may be an indication that the patches need to be tested with console mode off, since toggling that mode seems to result in different game behavior.

15. Re: Yawn... Mar 7, 2008, 10:35 skyguy

I love you Werner!

14. Re: Yawn... Mar 7, 2008, 04:53 Wesp5

Hmmm, are you implying I patch the game just for publicity reasons? No, it's just so complex that even after all this time new bugs are found. I really hope myself that this will end someday ;)!

13. Re: Yawn... Mar 7, 2008, 02:30 Prez

It's been a long time since I've seen this kind of dedication. I'm going to pick this game up and play it, with the unoffical patches of course...  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Re: Yawn... Mar 7, 2008, 01:25 nin

But anyways, I'm done for now. I'll meet you very soon when the next one graces our gaming news!

------------------------------------------------
http://ghosts.nin.com/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

11. Re: Yawn... Mar 6, 2008, 22:20 JohnBirshire

Just my .02 ...

Thank you nin for the constructive response to my post. However, I am unfortunately not seeing what you had mentioned. There are posts alright, but looking back at the dozens of "Vampire The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch" headlines you can find by simply clicking "Previous 2 days", and seeing them all over the place, I have noticed that very few, if any, are the type of posts you mentioned. In fact, the majority of the posts are:

"Wow, they are still patching this game?!"

"Why are they still patching it?"

Or my personal favorites: "I think I'm going to reinstall this game and try it again or" "I'll have to try this game now". Ironically, these posts make up the majority of posts. This is EXACTLY why I comment that this is being done for publicity. So as you can see, most posts support my argument, they do not counter it.

But anyways, I'm done for now. I'll meet you very soon when the next one graces our gaming news!

10. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 20:46 Pineapple Ferguson

It's an excellent game. One of my favorite RPGs in recent memory, and the fan patches have done a lot to address the shortcomings of the original version.

9. No subject Mar 6, 2008, 19:07 Tomas

Almost everytime I see a new patch for this game I think about reinstalling it.

8. Re: Yawn... Mar 6, 2008, 18:38 nin

Sorry to play devil's advocate, hopefully I don't get fanboi flamed, but these patches have long ago turned into simply being free publicity from the few websites that would still bother to report each patch 456,128 patches later.

I won't flame you, but I will say that it's a new version of the patch, and Blue covers patch releases.

I could see if Blue posted these, and each time, no one commented at all. Then ya, maybe the locals aren't interested.

But it seems like every time there's a new patch, posts get made, and people that haven't tried the patch end up posting questions that hopefully get answered.

edit: Just my .02 ...

------------------------------------------------
http://ghosts.nin.com/
This comment was edited on Mar 6, 18:39.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Yawn... Mar 6, 2008, 16:38 JohnBirshire

Sorry to play devil's advocate, hopefully I don't get fanboi flamed, but these patches have long ago turned into simply being free publicity from the few websites that would still bother to report each patch 456,128 patches later.

Seeing it on bluesnews every other day for several years is honestly ridiculous.

edit change to/to from
This comment was edited on Mar 6, 17:04.

6. Re: !!!!! Mar 6, 2008, 15:46 Krovven

One of these days I'll actually get around to reinstalling Bloodlines and take advantage of the hard work these guys put into these patches.

Ditto.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in The Witcher, Burnout Paradise, Company of Heroes, Crysis

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

5. Re: !!!!! Mar 6, 2008, 15:25 Sepharo

But Starcraft doesn't get patched once a week.

4. Re: !!!!! Mar 6, 2008, 15:06 Skoll

Seriously, this is THE most patched game in history surely?!

If so, then Starcraft is a close second. That game is still getting patched 10 years after release...

http://www.bandega.com - Never miss a show again

3. Re: !!!!! Mar 6, 2008, 13:55 ibm

One of these days I'll actually get around to reinstalling Bloodlines and take advantage of the hard work these guys put into these patches.

2. Re: !!!!! Mar 6, 2008, 11:55 Frosty

Guinness Book of Records...

Seriously, this is THE most patched game in history surely?! And by a non-employee, a desolved company...

Yes it's a great game, but... I honestly think it has been patched enough;) You can play the game pretty much problem free, anything else is being a bit too nit-picky;)

1. !!!!! Mar 6, 2008, 10:12 Surf

I just f'ing patched to 4.8 last night! Sheesh. This is great though, wish this guy would patch other great games, starting with Stalker.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo