Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 21:59 MachineMk2

Settle down Francis...er...Dagok.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 21:38 Krovven

Dagok seriously put your 'I SHALL DEFEND THE PS3 THRONE' drama away and enjoy it for what it is.

Why don't you 360 fanboys stop taking unwarranted and ignorant jabs at the PS3 and accept both for what they are? Have you ever seen me take pot shots at the 360, for something other than the shitty hardware? Nope.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in The Witcher, Burnout Paradise, Company of Heroes, Crysis

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

16. No subject Feb 29, 2008, 20:58 TB

1. Kojima said from day 1 he was aiming for a 50gig disk just to fit enough of the dialog on.
2. No it will never fit on a DVD.

15. Re: Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 19:45 Cabezone

If they use some decent compression for the audio, you won't be able to tell the difference and it'll prolly fit on 1 DVD, depending on how much HD video they have. If they have a ton of prerendered HD video, it's going on be at least 2. If they used the game engine to do realtime videos, you should be able to fit it on a single DVD.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

14. Re: Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 19:37 Lorcin

Actually all you little console fanboys aside - this news sucks. Exactly how many DVDs is this game going to come on?

Or are they going to do a pisspoor port ala Resi 4 for the PC.

(BTW before you tell me there is no PC version planned please open your eyes)

13. Re: Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 18:19 The Half Elf

Dagok seriously put your 'I SHALL DEFEND THE PS3 THRONE' drama away and enjoy it for what it is. Your princess was already de-flowered.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 16:59 Krovven

Dagok the reason for his HA HA, is because Sony's been up in everyone's grill about how Blu-Ray has so much storage capacity over DVD and HD-DVD.

I still don't see how this is supposed to be something of a negative joke.

Blu-ray still does have greater capacity than both DVD and HD-DVD, nothing has changed and the 360 is stuck with DVD capacity.

Obviously they are using a lot of the Blu_Ray capacity for MSG4 and I assume they are using lossless audio if they are pushing the capacity. The first MGS on PS2 pushed the DVD capacity limit as well. I'm sure they could drop the quality on the audio/video to get all languages on 1 disc, but why would they? It serves no purpose. How many 360 games have multi-language audio in regions it's not needed?

Furthermore this is a self serving article Title by the author to get hits.

So again, I don't see how this is a negative joke, or how this makes the 360 look better that nin feels the need to reference Nelson laughing at the PS3.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

11. Re: Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 16:57 nin

Considering how much talking was done in say.. Stalker, Bioshock, Oblivion, and it all fitting on a DVD, is MSG4 reciting words out of the dictionary or what?

Metal Gear Thesaurus - hours of reciting fun!

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 16:33 The Half Elf

Dagok the reason for his HA HA, is because Sony's been up in everyone's grill about how Blu-Ray has so much storage capacity over DVD and HD-DVD.

Considering how much talking was done in say.. Stalker, Bioshock, Oblivion, and it all fitting on a DVD, is MSG4 reciting words out of the dictionary or what?

Out of curiosity, why would anyone want to listen to the voice overs in another language?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: wtf Feb 29, 2008, 16:31 xXBatmanXx

I don't remember there being any prerendered video in the previous games, although I do remember a few real-life video clips (nuclear explosions at the end of metal gear solid, if I remember correctly).

Intro?
15 minutes of story movie before you play the game?

There is a TON!

must finish BioShock.....step away from the 360 and play BioShock on PC....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Linux PS3's Feb 29, 2008, 16:31 xXBatmanXx

Anyone know if it's possible to link PS3's with different SKU's together and run windows? I think it would be awesome to see someone get 2 or 3 ps3's running and use that as a PC for games!

The processes he is running only make sense for computing, not for graphics or rendering.

The calculations are done on the lowest level, which is why it makes sense to use a PS3 with linux - but does not good for processing games.

must finish BioShock.....step away from the 360 and play BioShock on PC....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Re: wtf Feb 29, 2008, 13:22 Smoove

I don't see how they are reaching blue ray capacity unless they are going the Lost Odyssey route and including shitloads of pre-rendered HD video, or not using compression, etc.

Based on previous metal gear solid games, it most likely just has that much talking they can't fit both languages on the disc. I don't remember there being any prerendered video in the previous games, although I do remember a few real-life video clips (nuclear explosions at the end of metal gear solid, if I remember correctly).

6. Re: Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 13:18 JM

And did you actually read the article before making the comment?

"Unfortunately because of disc space, we don't have the space to include other languages, other voice over files for the respective versions," stated Payton. "So the Japanese version's not gonna have English VO, and the North American and European versions won't have Japanese VO."

Oh fucking no, what ever will we do without multi-language VO in regions it's not even needed.

<Nelson points_at='nin'>
HA-ha!
</Nelson>

5. Linux PS3's Feb 29, 2008, 11:53 Tumbler

Anyone know if it's possible to link PS3's with different SKU's together and run windows? I think it would be awesome to see someone get 2 or 3 ps3's running and use that as a PC for games!

Battlestar Galactica Game
Completely Free, Friggin Awesome
http://www.game-warden.com/bsg/
Uses Freespace 2 Engine

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

4. Re: Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 11:53 Krovven

<Nelson>
HA ha!
</Nelson>

He can laugh all he likes. He stuck with the DVD format for their games.

And did you actually read the article before making the comment?

"Unfortunately because of disc space, we don't have the space to include other languages, other voice over files for the respective versions," stated Payton. "So the Japanese version's not gonna have English VO, and the North American and European versions won't have Japanese VO."

Oh fucking no, what ever will we do without multi-language VO in regions it's not even needed.

This comment was edited on Feb 29, 11:55.

3. Super Computer. Feb 29, 2008, 11:48 Acleacius

The scientist has not performed any modifications to the PS3 hardware. They have just been networked together via a regular Gigabit Ethernet switch. "Overall, a single PS3 performs better than the highest-end desktops available and compares to as many as 25 nodes of an IBM Blue Gene supercomputer," Khanna concluded.

Ok, now a console has impressed me and damn thats powerful! 0_O

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

2. Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 11:37 nin

<Nelson>
HA ha!
</Nelson>

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. wtf Feb 29, 2008, 11:34 DrEvil

I don't see how they are reaching blue ray capacity unless they are going the Lost Odyssey route and including shitloads of pre-rendered HD video, or not using compression, etc.

This comment was edited on Feb 29, 11:44.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo