Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Love is in the Air

This page is home to Love, an unusual project described as a "first person not so massively multiplayer online procedural adventure game," being independently developed for Win32 (and possibly Linux and/or OS X) by Quel Solaar (thanks Mike Martinez and Kotaku). The site offers screenshots of the project, and information, though the summary on Rock, Paper, Shotgun gives a good sense of the game's offbeat approach:

You wonít be picking up rifles in your adventures, but more likely the plans for the rifle-building machine, that can then be utilised by everyone in your village. Part Zelda, part Tale In The Desert, part adventure shooter, and wholly abstract and beautiful, Love looks the kind of amalgam of art, programming and internet savvy that weíve desired without even being able to imagine. It has the potential, and Steenberg has the huge intellect, for this to be one of the most precious events in PC gaming.

Nonetheless itís unclear whatís going to happen to Steenberg and his project. He says heís not doing it for the money and that he only needs 200-or-so subscribers to justify running the live game. From what Iíve seen heíll be lucky to avoid being swamped by thousands, those hungry legions of gamers who want something quite different from their MMO experience, and just arenít getting it.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: No subject Feb 27, 2008, 08:25 BubbleMage

awwww precious!

Lithph when thay that!

What a steaming pile of monkey diarrhea this will be.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: No subject Feb 27, 2008, 04:11 osage no onna

The art style reminds me a bit of Another World/Out of This World.

I instantly thought of Another World and Flashback when I saw the screens. Anyway, sounds interesting. I'll definitely be watching this.

6. I'm wooed Feb 27, 2008, 01:37 Ligur

I'm a sucker for surprises when it comes to gaming, I like the hell out of this project.
Maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic.

5. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2008, 23:38 Jerykk

The art style reminds me a bit of Another World/Out of This World.

4. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2008, 23:10 the_culture

Damn, you guys are ruthless.

I think it looks pretty cool. Look forward to something different and unique.

3. No subject Feb 26, 2008, 22:00 dubfanatic

precious events in PC gaming.

awwww precious!

2. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2008, 21:57 Cutter

I was going to say, 'If you ever wondered what ass looks like...'.

"You know, the best part of the best drug in the world isn't the high. It's the moment just before you take it. The dice are dancing on the table. Between now and the time they stop, that's the greatest high in the world."
- Walter Abrams

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. No subject Feb 26, 2008, 21:29 Zanthar

Woo! That looks like pure shit.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo