Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Portal 2 Revealed

Portal 2 is in the works, this was revealed by Valve's Kim Swift on last night's episode of G4's X-Play. There have already been indications that more gameplay in the inter-dimensional puzzler is coming, but this is the first word that this will take the form of a full-blown sequel. The relevant quote comes at the 2:50 mark in the 3:05 clip: "Well, uh, I think… I believe Doug Lombardi, who is our lead marketing director at Valve, has announced Portal 2, so…" He hadn't actually, but that cat is now out of the bag.

View
88 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

88. No subject Mar 28, 2008, 15:59 xXBatmanXx

Well, I played the game 4-5 times all the way through, then replayed my saves of the end of the game another 5-6 times......

Great value in the game.
Can replay it numerous times.

Welcome to Liberty City: Where the people are angry and lonely, and the taxes sky high.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

87. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2008, 20:15 Warhawk

I for one am anxiously awaiting more Portal from the developers - I loved it.  

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

86. Re: No subject Feb 23, 2008, 02:38 Bilbo

haha nice reference to a classic show!

I agree will they be able to create a great song to go with portal 2 I mean "still alive" is a pretty tough act to follow. Anyway I quite literally don't understand how they can have a sequal, you escaped and killed poor glados! Maybe it will be a prequal or something explaining how everything came to be, I think portal was a pretty dark game it had a very creepy feel to it which I havent experienced in many other games, a total classic I just hope they don't do a star wars and ruin the memory.

85. No subject Feb 22, 2008, 23:40 Dev

space captain: I don't think he had much to do with the still alive music sequence. That was all done by Jonathan Coulton

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 23:44.

84. No subject Feb 22, 2008, 21:40 space captain

i wonder how many portal fans even know what Old Man Murray is.. i hope those guys cut loose a bit more in the sequel, i didnt even really feel their vibe till the ending sequence.. altho that song than ran during the end credits was fucking gold.

gold, jerry.. gold!

Go forth, and kill!

83. Re: is this a game Feb 22, 2008, 21:17 SkavenUK

I prefer the new prawn cocktail pringles over the texas bbq flavour.

82. Re: is this a game Feb 22, 2008, 21:14 Jerykk

humm not for my tastes at all. never tried it but didnt like what i heard and read about it either so i will pass

You know there's a Portal demo, right?

81. is this a game Feb 22, 2008, 21:08 Cheese

humm not for my tastes at all. never tried it but didnt like what i heard and read about it either so i will pass

80. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2008, 20:33 Prez

I have been waiting for this. I fell in love with Glados in the first game. She needs to make a return!  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

79. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2008, 18:27 Jerykk

For me, Portal was cool and fun for like the first 5 or 6 hours, but after that it got old and tiring.

First 5 or 6 hours? The game is only 3 hours long. But I agree that they need to really expand upon the concept like in Portalized.

78. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2008, 18:20 SirKnight

For me, Portal was cool and fun for like the first 5 or 6 hours, but after that it got old and tiring. I just really don't care much about Portal any more and I never got the whole companion cube thing. Meh. I've had enough cake.

77. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2008, 18:06 Jerykk

Jerykk: What's this "Portalized" thing you mentioned?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meedeHieHAE

76. No subject Feb 22, 2008, 17:54 KilrathiAce

Everyone expected to see Portal 2 after the success. Valve "revealing" the fact they are working on the sequel is like when britney spears released her 2nd album. It was expected after the success of the first one.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

75. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2008, 17:31 Ronin

So if you don't like the discussion going this way, then bitch at the developers.

I don't like THIS discussion going this way, because the news post is about Portal...not consoles vs PCs.

I think the console vs PC debate is an important one...I'm just flabbergasted at how quickly it derailed. The post doesn't even say a thing about consoles.

-Azrael
"Don't Fear the Reaper, fear ME."
http://gamershots.net

74. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2008, 17:29 >U

Actually, I recall one of the unreal games having a gun you shot a teleporter beacon, then could teleport to it or from it or something like that. So there WAS teleportation creation in them
You are referring to UT's translocator weapon, but that is just a teleporter gun not a portal gun. A portal is not just a teleport.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 17:34.

73. No subject Feb 22, 2008, 17:26 Dev

Jerykk: What's this "Portalized" thing you mentioned?

72. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2008, 17:26 Wowbagger_TIP

Actually, I recall one of the unreal games having a gun you shot a teleporter beacon, then could teleport to it or from it or something like that. So there WAS teleportation creation in them, and from a gun nonetheless!
I don't know about Unreal, but Unreal Tournament had the translocator, which would allow you to fire a beacon and then teleport to its location. Totally and completely different from the kinds of portals we're talking about here though.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

71. expansion vs. sequel Feb 22, 2008, 17:24 Wowbagger_TIP

I don't really care whether they release an expansion or a sequel. I just want more Portal!!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

70. No subject Feb 22, 2008, 17:19 Dev

Actually, I recall one of the unreal games having a gun you shot a teleporter beacon, then could teleport to it or from it or something like that. So there WAS teleportation creation in them, and from a gun nonetheless!

Heck, Team Fortress Classic had buildable teleporters (granted they weren't added until a while after the game was released, and not from a gun) the engineer could build.

I'm sure one could find buildable teleporter examples in even older games, although they might not have been FPS. I bet there were teleporters in old amiga games for instance

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 17:23.

69. Re: No subject Feb 22, 2008, 16:52 >U

Try Quake
No, Quake doesn't have portals as defined by those other games because weapons fire doesn't pass through them and you can't see into the portals. With Quake portals are simply teleporters.

Unreal has the same type of portals you see in Portal, but the player doesn't create them from a gun.

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 17:31.

88 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo