Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hellgate: London Patch Plans

The Lowdown On Upcoming Updates on the Hellgate: London Website outlines upcoming patch plans, offering "a kingly scoop" on version 1.2 and 1.3 patches as well as the Abyss Chronicles content patch, described as their "biggest major content update yet." There are bullet points for each patch (subject to change), some Abyss Chronicles screenshots, and the following summary of the Abyss Chronicles content: "Sizable additions to the PvP department, seriously unique skills for all classes, new armor and weapons for all factions, new monster types, new bosses... Oh, and then there's the consignment house and shared stash."

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. No subject Feb 21, 2008, 23:45 space captain

i really want to pirate this game on principal alone, but i have absolutely zero desire to play it so i guess they are safe  
Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Wow! Feb 21, 2008, 23:14 Creston

That's the SECOND (!) content update for this awesome game, in what... five months? That's some serious value for that ten bucks per, alright!

Coming soon, the "How To Enjoy Being Raped By Flagship Studios A Bit More Easily" handbook!

Creston

14. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2008, 19:27 Lactose The Intolerant

This game is shockingly horrible in every category.

13. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2008, 18:40 Cutter

A monthly fee for a Diablo style game is just wrong plain and simple.

"You know, the best part of the best drug in the world isn't the high. It's the moment just before you take it. The dice are dancing on the table. Between now and the time they stop, that's the greatest high in the world."
- Walter Abrams

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

12. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2008, 15:05 CTone

I think the main problem with this game is its boring, repetitive gameplay.

You can only see the same area and monsters so many times before you want to gouge out your eyes.

The environments and enemies in this game make diablo look like a Zelda game.

11. No subject Feb 21, 2008, 13:27 Cabezone

The main problem is the game was released in a poor state. It appears to a lot of people that a lot of the thing that they are adding/fixing for subscribers is shit that should have been in from day one. Had they released a well polished game that people enjoyed, they'd have gotten less flack for a subscription service for new content. I think if they had been able to wait a year to finish working on the classes and the environments it would have gone much better for them.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

10. Re: R.I.P. HG:L Feb 21, 2008, 13:03 Tumbler

What really killed this game? Were they overly ambitious?

As a sideline observer who hasn't played the game the thing I remember most was this 2 tier'd online system that had some folks paying a monthly fee and others playing for free.

That was not well received. When Penny Arcade does a comic devoted fully to mocking your game (or decision in this case) I'd say you have a huge hurdle to pass with gamers.

It would have been interesting to see how this game would have been recieved without that system because I feel like everything went downhill from there.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

9. Re: R.I.P. HG:L Feb 21, 2008, 12:52 Aganazer

I enjoyed the hell out of this buggy POS back when it was released. I'm happy that I will only have to pay for one month's subscription to see all the new content. Then I can put it on the shelf and forget about it for another six months.

8. Re: R.I.P. HG:L Feb 21, 2008, 12:11 Undocumented Alien

what is a "seriously unique skill" ?

Pretty much what you said, the current skills are a bit generic, there are of course skills that are specific to a class, but I guess aren't serious.. heh.

7. Re: R.I.P. HG:L Feb 21, 2008, 11:56 Pubknight

what is a "seriously unique skill" ?

I haven't played the game, so would this mean that prior skills were the same across all classes? (which kind of defeats the whole idea of classes, does it not?)

Or would this mean that previous unique skills were less serious... perhaps a "mildly amusing unique skill"?

Not trying to hate on the game... just trying to understand what struck me as a bizarre point in the content.

6. Re: R.I.P. HG:L Feb 21, 2008, 10:34 Paketep

What really killed the game:

- It's boring
- It's ugly
- It's buggy
- Doesn't have LAN

and, more importantly

- It's a POS

5. Re: R.I.P. HG:L Feb 21, 2008, 10:31 DanL

What really killed this game. Were they overly ambitious? I think most people just wanted a Diablo clone, but they tried to go beyond with a new 3d engine, fancy graphics and effects, etc, but eventually did a half-assed job across the board. Just give me Diablo's isometric view at a higher res and some cleanup and I'll be happy.

4. Whatever Feb 21, 2008, 10:08 Fausticle

A few more patches and it might approach something resembling a full retail game. Too bad you have to pay 10 bucks a month for shit that should have been there in the FUCKING FIRST PLACE!

Seriously this is the only game that made me want to:

-Shit into the box
-tie a brick onto it
-light it on fire
-throw it into the window of Flagship Studios hopefully hitting Roper in the face, breaking his skull and giving him 3rd degree poo burns!

I want my money back!

3. Re: R.I.P. HG:L Feb 21, 2008, 10:04 Undocumented Alien

It's actually becoming the game it should have been out-of-the-box.

By the time all this *cool* content comes out the foolish HG:L subscribers will have paid close to $100 ($150 if you include the original box) for something that should have cost $50.

FSS is really running quite the sham and sadly people are just blindly throwing their money at them. Why not WAIT and HOLD your money until FSS delivers what they should have delivered back in October '07? Dumb people, just dumb.

Yeah, any game can get better with a year or two of additional time.

2. Re: R.I.P. HG:L Feb 21, 2008, 09:34 Theo

its actaully becomming a pretty good game, (mindless violence)

but yher its not as bad as blues posters make out.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

1. R.I.P. HG:L Feb 21, 2008, 09:04 Pryrates

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo