Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith

Activision announces Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, a single-band installment in the music/rhythm series for release this June for Xbox 360, PS3, and PS2. To celebrate the announcement, starting tomorrow they will offer free downloads of Dream On for Guitar Hero III for three days over Xbox LIVE.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. estetik May 17, 2008, 15:13 kardelen133

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jun 3, 20:48.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. No subject Feb 16, 2008, 02:18 Cabezone

I was at the Mettallica/Korn/System of a Down concert in ...Dallas I think. Hatfield hurt his back or something jet skiing and couldn't play. Turned out pretty damn cool anyway, the other bands guitarists took turns playing the Metallica songs they knew. They pretty much only knew songs from Black and before, which I prefer anyway. Lars had said Korn was his favorite band, so they tried to get him to play one of their songs, but he didn't know any.

This comment was edited on Feb 16, 02:19.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

34. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 23:21 MuzixMon

I still rate Aerosmith higher then the tour Guns n Roses/Metallica did together a few few years back. But then again Faith No More was the opening act, and they didn't disapoint either.

The year this tour happened, I seen Metallica live around 3 different occasions. The Met/GnR show was one of them. This was BY FAR the worst concert I seen that year. GnR were absolutely horrible live. They were drunk, sloppy and they messed one song up so badly they stopped it all together... Faith No More was the best performance that day since Metallica's performance was half hearted and boring... I'll never forget that one. You could just tell Met and GnR weren't getting along on this tour. The show was in Buffalo NY.

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 23:21.

"When all thats left is console gaming, I will game no more."

33. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 23:19 Bronco

While I have seen Metallica 2 or 3 times now, I never got to see Guns 'n Roses or Faith No More live.

I've seen them all. GnR was only the second time I felt like I was at the scene of a riot - the other was Judas Priest.

Really sad what happened with Slash and Axl. Slash will alway s be one of my favorites - not for technique - just for the sound.

I like him for the same reasons I love Robert Cray.

-TPFKAS2S

32. Re: Actually... Feb 15, 2008, 23:16 Bronco

Still think Aerosmith is the best concert I've ever seen.

They were good but not the best for me.

Hands down - 1982 Van Halen Fair Warning tour - I was 12 years old and Dave had just gotten off from smoking a joint on stage in Texas.

God damn were they loud - and good.

-TPFKAS2S

31. Re: GH: Aerosmith Feb 15, 2008, 18:22 Krovven

Hell, even I'd breakdown and buy a Rock Band: Tool set.

Would probably never happen. They hold their music pretty close to their hearts.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in The Witcher, Burnout Paradise, Company of Heroes, Crysis

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

30. GH: Aerosmith Feb 15, 2008, 18:01 Fartacus

No way I'm buying this one. I would, however, pay big bucks for Rock Band: Tool.

29. No Country? Feb 15, 2008, 17:50 Avocet

What I don't get is why we can't get a country music guitar hero! Some Hank Williams Sr., Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, and The Man in Black would have me out to the local Gamestop in a heartbeat.

Until then, I'll just have to have fun playing the other iterations of the game, but I think I'll skip Aerosmith. If you're going to pick a band, at least pick a talented band.

28. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 17:13 doktor_tchock

Wow an entire game filled with songs by one of the most overrated, wanky bands of all time. I thought the inclusion of "Train Kept A Rollin'" in Rock Band was bad but here is an entire GAME!

27. No subject Feb 15, 2008, 15:33 Veinman

I saw Aerosmith and KISS together. Aerosmith was good, but KISS crushed them.

26. No subject Feb 15, 2008, 15:24 Cabezone

I remember that GnR/Metallica concert, because I was just about the only kid in my high school not to do. They had the Oakland concert during a school day and I was told NO! Funnily enough so many people from my high school cut to go, we didn't really have classes that day, all the teachers just made them open periods.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

25. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 15:09 Krovven

I didn't see the point of getting into the specific details as it wasn't the point of the story. The concert was in Montreal, GnR did a shortened set because Axl had a sore throat and the equipment wasn't setup properly after Metallica got off stage. Cancellation caused angry fans to start a riot.

On top of this, my girlfriend at the time was in Montreal, so she saw some of it. After she returned I found out she had cheated on me and we broke up.

Enough detail for ya now?

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

24. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 14:58 Pumas

"But James Hetfield burned his hand"

Uhhhhhh....yeah it was just a weeeeeeee bit more brutal than something like grabbing a hot pot or a cigarette burn. He stepped into a 60 foot column of burning phosphorus instantly melting the skin on a significant portion of his left side.

V

How will I know limits from lies if I never try?

23. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 14:54 The Half Elf

Editied to make Dagok happy.

PS3 still sucks
This comment was edited on Feb 15, 18:09.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

22. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 14:44 Frijoles

GH3 was a huge disappointment. I didn't like the song selection and after playing through to the end, I have no desire to continue playing. I'm thinking this just isn't my type of game. I also wonder how many songs were held back so they could do an addon like this.

I was excited to get a 2nd guitar, but since they're still not out for the Wii, I've completely lost interest. Oh well.

21. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 14:28 Krovven

I still rate Aerosmith higher then the tour Guns n Roses/Metallica did together a few few years back. But then again Faith No More was the opening act, and they didn't disapoint either.

Fuck you all that got to see that show!

Would you believe that tour was 16 years ago! I had tickets for the Vancouver show, and was I ever pumped for it. 3 of my favorite bands at the time. But James Hetfield burned his hand and part of the tour was canceled...Vancouver being one of them.

While I have seen Metallica 2 or 3 times now, I never got to see Guns 'n Roses or Faith No More live.

Yes I'm still bitter about it, can ya tell?

20. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 14:02 The Half Elf

Zaibach

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

19. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 13:52 Fibrocyte

Blue forgot to mention the most important console being supported for this: Wii

The Wii™ version is being developed by Vicarious Visions.

18. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 13:49 nin

CC DeVille is the lead guitar for Poison. Brett Michaels is the singer.

CC DeVille wasn't a character in the game, like Brett Michaels was.

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 13:46 Zaibach

Still think Aerosmith is the best concert I've ever seen.

Haven't see those guys yet, but so far, Metallica and Iron Maiden did a hell of a job when I saw them back in 97 and 98.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo