Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Summer Athletics Announced

DTP announces Summer Athletics, a not-the-Olympics sports game planned for release this (can you guess?) summer:

Hamburg, Germany, February 15th, 2008 – Hamburg-based dtp entertainment AG, one of the leading German game publishers, and the Hamburg development studio 49Games today announce the new sports game Summer Athletics. Players can expect an abundance of disciplines from a variety of summer sports in this title. Summer Athletics will appear summer 2008 as a multi-platform title.

Summer Athletics brings sports right into your living room: exciting competitions in more than 25 of the most popular summer sports disciplines, such as sprinting, hurdles, cycling, archery, javelin, hammer throw, and swimming, will provide long-lasting fun.

Summer Athletics will be action-packed multi-player fun for the whole family. The intuitive controls will be adapted to make the most of the individual platforms. Four different difficulty levels will make sure that both regular and casual gamers will enjoy themselves. The game will feature a character editor, career mode, lifelike 3D graphics, realistic athlete animations, and an impressive stadium atmosphere, bringing a special flair to Summer Athletics.

‘In 49Games, we have found an outstanding studio for a partner. Their sports games enjoy great success and even greater popularity,’ says Markus Windelen, COO of dtp entertainment AG.

The teaser website can be visited at www.summerathletics.com. The available screenshots are taken from the PC version of the game.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Track & Field Feb 15, 2008, 23:07 verybad

If only you could throw javelins at the hurdlers! *sigh*

The Olympics could be better if they took more from the ancient Romans. Currently they suck.

Imagine unfed Lions and somebody that has to get over those hurdles FAST to reach the door out of the colliseum. Steroids ain't got nothin' on that, I bet all world records would be beaten...or eaten (sorry but it rhymed and was spur o the moment)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Track & Field Feb 15, 2008, 20:09 Aero

Finally, once and for all we will find out who can hit buttons the fastest.

3. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 20:05 AcidDrone

california games revival would be bad ass, i want to roller skate over 3d bump mapped banana peels

2. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 19:53 SirKnight

I've always liked the olympics type games. I'll probably check this one out. I'd like to see weightlifting but I sort of doubt it'll be in this one.

1. No subject Feb 15, 2008, 15:54 xXBatmanXx

California games returns!?

hacky sac?
BMX?
Surfin?

Oh man - awesome. heheheheheh

Or is this the return of Track and Field?

we walk the streets at night
we go where eagles dare........

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo