Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch

A new patch for Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines continues the support for this action/RPG following the closure of developer Troika Games. The new version 4.7 update is available as an incremental update for version 4.6 and a full patch for version 1.0, available on the official exclusive home of the unofficial patches, The Patches Scrolls.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. http://ijsahfadsihfisafhs May 23, 2008, 05:15 cxb

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on May 29, 08:35.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: JohnBirshire Feb 15, 2008, 14:59 nin

edit:

Cease fire, as now you've edited, and I'm wondering if perhaps your original replay wasn't directed at me...

Confused,
nin

edit again: Sorry I was snippy.

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 15:07.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

16. Re: JohnBirshire Feb 15, 2008, 14:50 JohnBirshire

So you registered a new username? Just wonderin...

Ahh, edit when I realized what you are saying. Thought you were hopping on the bandwagon.

Yes, I'm not sure what name/pass I used in the original Blue's Quake days, but since I started working in the industry I decided to start using my real name rather than some random screen name. You know, like Derek Smart style.

This comment was edited on Feb 15, 15:10.

15. Re: JohnBirshire Feb 15, 2008, 10:05 nin

I've been posting on bluesnews.com for years

So you registered a new username? Just wonderin...

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

14. Re: No subject Feb 15, 2008, 04:17 Wesp5

"While it is nice that someone keeps putting out a patch... I'm not sure what the purpose is after all these years, and seeing a patch like every other month. I mean you'd think that after a few of the unofficial patches, the game would be fine for most people."

Yeah, that's what I thought at the beginning as well ;), but still new bugs turn up or new unused content that can be restored. And the patch download numbers show that the game is still being played a lot, maybe because it is the only single player contemporary FPS/RPG game that I know off. Also fixing it is more fun to me, than playing several other of the recently released games :)!

13. No subject Feb 14, 2008, 20:32 wtf_man

Well, I bought the game shortly after launch, and only ran into a few minor burps... nothing totally game breaking.

While it is nice that someone keeps putting out a patch... I'm not sure what the purpose is after all these years, and seeing a patch like every other month. I mean you'd think that after a few of the unofficial patches, the game would be fine for most people.

I don't know... I've never installed any of the unofficial patches, since I had few problems to begin with, especially after the official patches.

While I can applaud the people creating these patches, at the same time, it does seem a little ridiculous at this point.

/shrug

12. Re: JohnBirshire Feb 14, 2008, 20:30 JohnBirshire

But did you beat it? And more importantly, did you play as a Malkavian female?

Nosferatu, male, focused on melee. I couldn't beat it until after the first official patch, there was a bug in the sewers where the game would dump to desktop anytime you moved forward. Very odd. But then again, according to Surf, stating that the game had bugs is an insipid thought not backed up by any facts, so maybe it was a different game I am thinking of. My bad.

11. Re: JohnBirshire Feb 14, 2008, 20:24 Jerykk

For the record, I have played the game, probably even before yourself.

But did you beat it? And more importantly, did you play as a Malkavian female?

10. Re: JohnBirshire Feb 14, 2008, 20:21 JohnBirshire

Asshole. Play the game after all the patches and then come up with your conclusion rather than rattling off your insipid thoughts without backing it up with any facts.

Let's see, where to start. I guess, first off, I will state that I've been posting on bluesnews.com for years and have never resulted to insulting another board member. However, I know that you may in fact be a teenager living in his mom's basement stuffing cookie after cookie in his month to replenish the calories burned board warrioring 24 hours a day, so such insults are not above you.

For the record, I have played the game, probably even before yourself. I bought it the day it was released, Vampire:Masquerade was one of my favorite PC games, and I had been looking forward to Bloodlines for a long time. So if you think I'm an asshole for being extremely dissapointed with the state the game was released, that's your problem. Maybe you have no problem with games being released with pages upon pages of problems, but I for one wasn't too thrilled about it. Obviously I wasn't the only one, as Troika went under not too long afterwards. So take your personal attacks elsewhere, especially when they are unwarranted.

And what do you mean by "typical post"? My "typical post" is far more insightful than the vast majority of the thoughtless flames of yours. Take your flamewar board warrioring elsewhere.

9. pls delete Feb 14, 2008, 19:26 SavageD

Double post, pls delete.
This comment was edited on Feb 14, 19:30.

8. Re: Eh... Feb 14, 2008, 19:26 SavageD

Yeah, I played with the v1.2 patch years ago, and will soon be replaying with the Unoffical "Basic" patch and then the "Plus" patch afterward.

The "Basic" version fixes bugs and broken content in the game, while the "Plus" version among other things, also includes 'restored' content that was present in the original game files, but not implemented at release due time contraints.

7. Re: Eh... Feb 14, 2008, 18:58 Elf Shot The Food

I had heard horror stories about how buggy the game was, but I encountered hardly any problems while playing with the official patches.

6. Re: Eh... Feb 14, 2008, 18:28 SavageD

lol @ JohnBirshire.

Despite a rushed initial release, this game, through the unofficial patches such as this over the intervening years, has grown into a far more complete and all round better game than we ever had any right to expect. Oh, and you're aware that Troika, the original devs are long gone right?

Edit: Consider yourself schooled:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_bloodlines

This comment was edited on Feb 14, 19:21.

5. JohnBirshire Feb 14, 2008, 18:04 Surf

Typical post. Lets assume something and make it factual in my mind!

Asshole.

Play the game after all the patches and then come up with your conclusion rather than rattling off your insipid thoughts without backing it up with any facts.

4. quests Feb 14, 2008, 15:06 skyguy

Wow they added an awful lot of quests, these are some of the biggest changes in a while.

3. Re: Eh... Feb 14, 2008, 14:57 Pineapple Ferguson

Actually wasn't too buggy, just rushed. It did have some problems, but personally it's one of my favorite RPGs in years.

2. Eh... Feb 14, 2008, 14:46 JohnBirshire

You know a game is released as a buggy POS if it's been patched 416,276 times since release.

1. Patch Feb 14, 2008, 13:17 ldonyo

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 14, 17:39.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo