Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Jack Keane Demo, Release Dates

The Jack Keane Website offers a playable demo from the upcoming comedy adventure game to show off how keen it is. The demo offers the first four levels for a 640 MB download, available on this downloads page. Jack Keane was announced with an early 2007 release date, and the website still lists a Q4 2007 release, but the demo announcement also reveals the game's newest release dates of April 15 in North America and March 7 in UK, Ireland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Belgium, Luxemburg, the Middle East, and the Far East. The demo is mirrored on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, FileFront, and Gamer's Hell.

View
2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

2. Re: Hmm Feb 14, 2008, 16:22 Slaughter

Come on! Adventure games these days are so simple it's impossible to go wrong. In the situation you mention, you're tied up, and thus can't move anything. There's also a thug in front of you planning to give you a beating. Since you're not gagged, how do you imagine you can manage to move with the help of your tongue and an angry thug in front of you...?

I'll grant you this is one of the more complicated things in the demo, but that says more about the simplicity than anything else. In the good old days you had an inventory full of things, with no apparent logic as to how they are to be used, and plenty of ways to walk. In this game you have only a few things in the inventory, and they disappear as they're used. Adventure games is often about solving puzzles. What's the point of an adventure game if there's only one path to walk and everything is obvious?

Greetings from Olav (Staff at http://www.strategycore.co.uk, Slaughter)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Hmm Feb 13, 2008, 20:03 Frosty

I started the demo, character sitting in a chair tied up. I moved the cursor over every single millimetre of the screen and there is nothing that enables the continuation of the game, i.e. escape...

Game uninstalled.

No tutorial, no key configuration, no thank you!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo