Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard Worldwide Invitational 2008 Announced

As announced here, the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational 2008 is scheduled for June 28-29, 2008 at the Porte de Versailles Exposition Center, Paris, France. Incgamers points out StarCraft II was revealed during last year's WWI, leading them to ponder whether the rumored announcement of an MMO Diablo or Starcraft game will occur during this year's show. Tickets will go on sale in the next few weeks on a first-come, first-served basis.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Diablo? Feb 12, 2008, 14:35 Kxmode

If it's a Diablo III with monthly fee then this will help me play a few month (addicted) then I'll switch back to normal life.

Addicted people never acknowledge they have an addiction

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
Game p/reviewer for http://www.gameindustry.com/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 18:59 ColoradoHoudini

We just killed Illidan for the first time last week.. I am ready for a World of Starcraft.

no.. that's a lie. I couldn't handle that.. i'm shaking just thinking about it

17. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 18:03 The Half Elf

I agree if they announce anything new, it's probably for Diablo or a new IP.

Personally I would love for Blizzard to announce Diablo 3, and totally destroy Flagship and Hellgate London

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

16. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 17:57 Bhruic

I'd say it'll be Starcraft based if anything.

Seems unlikely that they'd have two Starcraft projects going. At this point, I'd almost prefer they announce a new IP. As much as I'd love a Diablo 3, I'd rather not hear about it until such a time as I can actually buy it. That day. Immediately. And take the next month off.

15. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 17:49 speedbacon

Isn't this how WC3/WoW went down anyhow? I suspect the same MO for SC2/WoSC...

14. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 14:44 Cutter

I'd say it'll be Starcraft based if anything. Diablo is to close to WoW in terms of high-fantasy worlds colliding. At least SC is space-based. Regardless, all I know is I've been waiting for Diablo 3, in whatever form, for far too long now. Gimme, gimme, gimme!

"Grab a napkin, homie. You just got served."
- Wolowitz

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

13. No subject Feb 11, 2008, 14:29 manic half

i only got into WoW for the diablo-like loot and stats and what not. id drop WoW in a second for a Diablo3.

altho really, why are we saying IF? we all know its being worked on, we just want some damn confirmation so that we can all resign at the correct time.

12. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 13:45 Mr. Tact

Hard enough getting away from WOW
Yep. Welcome to the cult.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

11. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 13:14 Rhialto

I read a rumor in PC Gamer (this is from memory so prone to be off a bit) about an Asian magazine that accidentally leaked info on a Starcraft MMO.
Probably... anyway, Blizzard may still have the rights on the Diablo franchise but most of the soul of Diablo has left the place so...

10. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 13:11 Rhialto

New Diablo would be good, but I've no interest in online play for it. If it's MMO with no SP I won't buy it.
online play was the best part and still is!

9. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 13:00 The Relentless

I read a rumor in PC Gamer (this is from memory so prone to be off a bit) about an Asian magazine that accidentally leaked info on a Starcraft MMO.

8. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 12:35 speedbacon

The latest performance issues finally helped me kick WoW. I'm hoping they fix stuff with lich.

I've been hoping for WoSC for a while now... that would rule.

7. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 12:28 verybad

New Diablo would be good, but I've no interest in online play for it. If it's MMO with no SP I won't buy it.

6. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 11:52 Rhialto

Hard enough getting away from WOW, and finding time to play other stuff

Never tried WOW. The 1st reason was when it was available we had to pay a monthly fee and I never done that before. Then I heard a few acquaintance telling me they were spending too much time on it so I decided to simply pass my turn.

If it's a Diablo III with monthly fee then this will help me play a few month (addicted) then I'll switch back to normal life.
This comment was edited on Feb 11, 16:46.

5. No subject Feb 11, 2008, 11:34 strich

we still play through Diablo 2 at least once a year. From beginning to end (minus the crappy 5th chapter but with the expansion goodies and classes). I'd kill for a new Diablo game.

----
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPqkCxV8SkI

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

4. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 11:07 Brazor

My money is on the intro to the Zerg for SC2.

3. Re: Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 11:03 nin

Please not another Diablo or my life, girlfriend, children and all friends around will suffer! I fear to get addicted.

Dude, the day they announce a World of Starcraft, I might as well give my 2 weeks notice at work.

Hard enough getting away from WOW, and finding time to play other stuff. But if they throw spaceship battles in, in addition to ground battles/questing? Holy fuck, I'm screwed...

------------------------------------------------
http://niggytardust.com/saulwilliams/menu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zXIyyaJss&NR=1

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Diablo? Feb 11, 2008, 11:00 Rhialto

Please not another Diablo or my life, girlfriend, children and all friends around will suffer! I fear to get addicted.

Seriously, I really enjoyed Diablo II and played it a lot. Was wishing for a Diablo III for a long time but not sure it will happen and if it does and is still free to play like Diablo II is then be sure I'll spent some time in it, how long is a mystery.

1. No subject Feb 11, 2008, 10:39 Mr. Tact

Hmmm, with release of WoLK perhaps?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo